Dan's MLB Plays for 4/2/07

DanUSC

Cali Wise Guy
Man I love baseball season. I welcome it back every year. I miss playing though. I still play in an adult league but it is not the same as high school or college ball. Here's to a profitable opening day.
Here are my picks for today...not much explanation just some situations I like.

Blue Jays at Tigers
I expect the Blue Jays to come away with the win today. Halladay will shut down the Tigers offense while the Blue Jays have one of the most explosive offenses around. I expect the Tigers to regress a little this season.
Jays -107

Marlins at Nationals
I will take the under on this game. Both teams have weak offenses and with Willis on the hill for the Marlins and Patterson for the Nationals I expect a low scoring game.
Under 8

Dodgers at Brewers
I like the Dodgers team this year. I really like the balance in their lineup. They have more speed than last year and many of their rookies got a lot of playing time last year. Derek Lowe will shutdown the Brewers offense today.
Dodgers +115

Indians at White Sox
I think that Cleveland gets the win here. Sabathia will pitch a great game and the Indians offense will do enough to pull out the victory on the road.
Indians -102

Athletics at Mariners
I will take the Athletics today. Dan Haren will limit the Seattle offense to a few runs while I expect Oakland to get some chances against Felix Hernandez who I think is a little overrated.
Athletics +108

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Dan-Good luck bro this season!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

adding one more...
Pirates at Astros
I will take the Astros at home with Oswalt on the mound. I think the Astros have improved this year. They definitely have a better offense on paper. Regardless they will get the win in their home opener. Oswalt dominated the Pirates last year in the starts against them and I expect the same tonight. The Pirates are also without defending NL Batting champ Freddie Sanchez, which will hurt them as well.
Astros -210

Back