DALLAS @ NY GIANTS.....Dizzle's take...thoughts welcome

EDizzle

The Danny Snyder Fanclub
The mediots, and a certain high profile four letter network love to give the Giants an excuse for their poor defensive play early on in the season. They tell you about the new scheme, the new coordinator learning his players, and last but not least we hear about Strahan not being in game shape from missing preseason. What happened the first 2 weeks of the season? Dallas and Green Bay dropped 80 on them. Then Washington, NYJ, Philadelphia (without Thomas at LT), Atlanta, S.F. None of these teams are a threat to score a ton of points. No wonder why their defensive ratings have climbed so much. The Jets, 49ers, and Falcons are terrible. Atlanta had issues before the season started, the Jets are a mess, SF had their backup QB in, Philly sacrificed Winston Justice at LT, Redskins gave them a game, then Eli passed for a whopping 58 yards barely beating Miami in a sloppy London.

Are they really as good as everyone really thinks they are?

The giants strength on D is their D-Line, and they are good don’t get me wrong. However, their DT’s are average at best and will be nullified by RG Bigg Leonard Davis and pro bowl C Andre Gurode. The Dallas o-line is the quiet strength on this team. They have been playing superb, and have not gotten much mention…. just ask Philadelphia, they threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Dallas line and they couldn’t lay a finger on Romo.

The Giants Defense is basically a mirror of Philly, scheme-wise that is. They brought over the Eagles linebacker coach Steve Spagnuolo in the offseason as their new defensive coordinator. They love to stunt their lineman and bring everything. They tried to do it the first week of the season, and will surely try it on Sunday. Will they have success with it? They didn’t the first week, Philly couldn’t do it at home, can NY? I don’t think so. The only way they will is if Dallas beats themselves with penalties. And the refs love to flag dallas when they play the Giants. They played a pretty good game penalty wise @ philly.

Osi U. was knocked out of the game early in the last matchup. His stats are inflated because of Winston Justice subbing for William Thomas. This time he will have his hands full with a legit LT Flozell Adams, who stonewalled the Eagles sack leader Trent Cole last Sunday. On the other side we have Strahan (who is ageing but always a threat) vs. Marc Columbo. These guys know each other and it will be a good matchup to watch. Colombo played well against Javon Kearse, and has had good games vs. Strahan.

But beyond the D-line is where they Giants problems are. They still have a safety issue opposite of Gibril Wilson. And do they plan on putting CB Ross on Owens? Now, I liked Aaron Ross coming out of Texas and Ross has played well this season as a rook, but they blitz him a ton. They probably do that to limit his coverage liabilities. Nobody on this team can cover Owens…..NOBODY! Not Madison, not McQuarters.

And in the past nobody has been able to cover Witten. If they can isolate Kiwanuka on Witten, or any of their LB’s or safties for that matter, they they will have a hard time with him. Especially with the tight window’s Romo can put it through. Remember last season Giants fans? When the giants wore blood red and with 1 minute left 1st and 10 at DAL 32(1:00) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass deep left to J.Witten to NYG 26 for 42 yards, they were able to get Piece covering Witten.

On the other hand, Dallas’ defense is “suspect” because of what New York and New England did to them. It is funny how all the sudden New England being “the best team of all time” doesn’t factor into their assessment of the Dallas defense.

The media doesn’t mention that Dallas has a new defensive system and coordinator. The talking heads ignore the fact that the Phillips and Stewart are learning how to use their players as well. Never mind that they have been doing it with Ellis, Newman and Henry missing major time and Reeves and Jones getting thrown in the fire, and playing pretty well actually. Just like Osi U. Dallas DT Jason Ferguson was lost in the first quarter of game one also. Jay Ratliff has done an amazing job, but does anyone outside of Dallas care, no.

This week we will have a healthy Dallas defense with a new face and have also quietly climbed in defensive rankings also. They are ranking 8<sup>th</sup> in terms of YPG behind the Giants at 7. For the second time this season the cowboys top 2 corners will also be on the field together, and Plaxico will have a tougher time getting open this week. And Plaxiglass is always a threat, in my opinion he is the biggest mismatch in the NFL. Dallas deep coverage was good against the secondary, aside from the 46 yard pass to Reggie Brown where the eagles were able to burn the cowboys on a 6 man rush. Dallas has been giving up the underneath stuff, and holding up pretty good in the secondary and should only improve when Newman moves over to his left corner spot and Henry @ right corner.

And guess what?..…the TANK gets to make his debut.
tank.gif

That should help in keeping a fresher D-line rotation.

My short version, terrible spot for Dallas, great spot for the Giants.

NY wins this game, Dallas wins the division.

I'll try to explain more later.

How is it a "bad spot" for Dallas? They want to win the division. To do that you have to play and beat your divisional foes, even in their own house. Dallas knows that, and that is what they are going to try and do.

Not surprised to see this sort of discussion from you Dizzle,
but I think this is a typical letdown spot for Dallas.
:23_11_59:

I am eager to see how well the Tank does in his Dal debut, so I wish you the best of luck. Unless I lay chalk on NYG that is.
:tiphat:

LOL.....what do you expect?

I'm just trying to guide people to the light.:4_12_13:

I'm going to say Tank gets around 20 snaps, depends on how the game goes. I will gather what I can from Wade Phillips pressers this week.

The other thing about their first meeting it was, Giants scored 35 themselves. And on the road, they were in the game right til the end.

Giants can only defend against who's been put in front of them. And they've done it extremely well.

Who has Dallas beaten?
- Philly offered nothing. They bent over, ass open, and said "rape me, I'm helpless"
- miracle win over solid but hardly top opposition Buffalo (who can hardly said to be tougher at home than the Giants)
- didnt look within an inch of the Pats
- got Chicago in meltdown mode (ie. starting Grossman) to start the season
- Saint Louis. Next
- Miami. Next
- Minnesota - was 2-5 prior to SD falling apart in a 2nd half

The fact is, most good teams resumes are filled with garbage results because there are so few good teams. You meet more crap than quality. It's as easy to pick apart Dallas to this point as it is the Giants. Given the venue, this will be the Boys 2nd hardest game of the season behind facing the Pats, and as noted, their performance at crunch time in that latter game says nothing good about this team.

Giants can only defend against who's been put in front of them. And they've done it extremely well.

Same with Dallas, only they did so more convincingly.

didnt look within an inch of the Pats

I disagree, it was a closer game than score indicates. The pats scored a TD in garbage time instead of kneeling it. The score was 28-24 with the cowboys driving. They get a big play on 4th and 1 called back on holding, could have been a closer outcome without these penalties. That game doesnt even really matter, I dont want to get into the Pats.

Nobody this season has looked within an inch of the pats, except maybe Indy who gave them a close game.

Are you saying Dallas hasnt performed well in crunch time? I dont understand. They came back and won that game against the Bills in crunch time, had to kick 2 FG's in crunch time to win it.

If you read my writeup, or perhaps you remember the game last season when Romo led them to a game winning FG in crunch time @ NY. What latter game are you talking about?

Philly offered nothing.

Yes but they were at full health, LJ Smith, Dawkins and no Winston Justice to abuse.

It's a bad spot because it's:

1. Off another divisional road game.

2. Off a MNF road game, so that's two travel weeks in a row, this one on a short week.

3. With a revenge factor for the Giants based on their first meeting.

4. With the Giants off a bye.

Short of it coming out that Tony Romo has been Romosexualling all the wives of the Giants' D-line (and Strahan's latest boyfriend) and video taping it, it's tough to pick a worse spot for Dallas.

It's a bad spot because it's:

1. Off another divisional road game.

2. Off a MNF road game, so that's two travel weeks in a row, this one on a short week.

3. With a revenge factor for the Giants based on their first meeting.

4. With the Giants off a bye.

Short of it coming out that Tony Romo has been Romosexualling all the wives of the Giants' D-line (and Strahan's latest boyfriend) and video taping it, it's tough to pick a worse spot for Dallas.

1. Yes it is another divisional road game, but Dallas escaped Philly pretty healthy. Back to back road games happen, teams that want to win the division win this game.

2. It was SNF, only difference is they didnt get to bed as early. Practice schedule is still the same.

3. Revenge factor, check....the Giants are going to need to bring it.

4. Giants off a bye I'm sure they will have some tricks up their sleeves. Is there any chance they come out flat and rusty?

5. Whaaatt? Romo is Romosexualling the giants dline's wifes? News to me, apparently if he is standing next to a chick then he is "with" them and everyone seems to want to talk about it.

Funny thing I was listening to a Romo interview and a female reporter said "Hey you are rich, want to go out?" pretty funny, then a male reporter said that Romo only wanted cute girls. LOL Romo was laughing.

Here is the link, prolly happens midway thru the interview.

dallas will win this straight up. this was not a short week they played on SUNDAY NIGHT SO THERE GOING TO GET THERE SAME REPS IN. WHO THE HELL HAVE THE GIANTS PLAYED. THERE DEFENSE IS SO OVERRATED. IF DALLAS CAN BLOCK THERE FRONT FOUR THEN THEY CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THERE AWFUL SECONDARY. PLUS DALLAS CAN RUN THE BALL SO THAT SHOULD HELP SLOW UP THE RUSH. WATCH FOR DALLAS RUNNING ATTACK TO HAVE A BIG GAME. GO COWBOYS. OFF THE BYE WEEK HAS BEEN A LITTLE OVERRATED THIS YEAR IN THE NFL.

A lot of people were saying that Dallas was in a "bad spot" this week in Philly and we saw how that turned out. I don't think the oddsmakers are ready to give Dallas the credit they deserve. I'll take Dallas to the bank again this week.

Betrcrimes, you pose a question that can easily be reversed on the Giants: who have they beat? Mia, SF, Atl, NYJ, Philly, Wash. Nothing even remotely impressive there(I don't consider Washington to be a good team). They've lost to their only two above average opps this year in Dallas and GB.

I like Romo's chances of repeating his first game numbers much more than Eli's. Both had 300 yard 4 TD games with an int. As mentioned previously in this thread, a healthy Cowboy secondary will prove much more formidable than what Elis saw first time around.

Please don't put too much emphasis on Tank Johnson actually playing

He was mediocre at best when with the Bears, just a filler.

Please don't put too much emphasis on Tank Johnson actually playing

He was mediocre at best when with the Bears, just a filler.

I'm not, I just wanted to point out if would bring some relief to Ratliff, who has been playing full time.

well, in the last three games, the G-Men are 3-0, the Boys are 2-1... The G-Men have a 14 pt margin of victory, the Boys have a 3 pt margin of victory... The Boys are averaging 29 pts per game, the G-Men are averaging 25 pts per game... The Boys are averaging 366 yards per game, the G-Men are averaging 336 yards per game... The Boys are allowing 26 pts per game, the G-Men are allowing 11 pts per game... The Boys are allowing 320 yards per game, the G-Men are allowing 268 yards per game...

now with all that said... I still think I'm leaning to the Boys also...
4_1_107v.gif

well, in the last three games, the G-Men are 3-0, the Boys are 2-1... The G-Men have a 14 pt margin of victory, the Boys have a 3 pt margin of victory... The Boys are averaging 29 pts per game, the G-Men are averaging 25 pts per game... The Boys are averaging 366 yards per game, the G-Men are averaging 336 yards per game... The Boys are allowing 26 pts per game, the G-Men are allowing 11 pts per game... The Boys are allowing 320 yards per game, the G-Men are allowing 268 yards per game...

now with all that said... I still think I'm leaning to the Boys also...
4_1_107v.gif

Last 3 games for each team,

GIANTS:

Atlanta
San Fran
Miami

DALLAS:

New England
Minnesota
Philly

Dallas already played Miami. Put those other 2 teams and Trent Dilfer in front of the cowboys and see what kind of stats they can put up. New England screws the stats up for the past 3 games.

Last 3 games for each team,

GIANTS:

Atlanta
San Fran
Miami

DALLAS:

New England
Minnesota
Philly

Dallas already played Miami. Put those other 2 teams and Trent Dilfer in front of the cowboys and see what kind of stats they can put up. New England screws the stats up for the past 3 games.

Philly and Minny are only one game better than SF and ATL... so I guess that makes the big difference.. huh?

you can go back 5 games and get pretty much the similar stats...

aside from the Pats, in the last 7 games the Boys have played Philly, Minny, Buffalo, St. Louis, Chicago, and Miami... that's nothing spectacular to brag about either... if that's what you're trying to do

No i was just saying the New England game inflated the stats for the past 3 games. Their schedules are similar.

I'm not bragging.

oh yea.. there's no doubt it did, if you count the last three games without the NE one, they still averaged 29 pts per game but they allowed 18 per game... their yds per game goes up close to 400 per game and allowed goes down to about 250 or so... still... similar stats for both teams with about the same type of competition.

should be a good one.

dallas loses this one by 14 IMO 38-24 hugs game for NYG who will pressure Romo into mistakes all day. Play a good team on def and they go down.

dallas loses this one by 14 IMO 38-24 hugs game for NYG who will pressure Romo into mistakes all day. Play a good team on def and they go down.

actually, it wouldn't surprise me at all if you are right...

even though I am slightly leaning to Dallas here, my gut is saying G-Men all the way... it just seems like the right play... I think studying the Cowboys for two weeks will help here... all the defensive mistakes from the first game will be corrected.. Dallas already played their huge game three weeks ago.. now it should be the Giants turn...

I'll probably end up avoiding it completely... but for the record.. I really hope you are right on it bro.

I said the giants D is overrated in the writeup and stand by it. Their stats look good because they played shitty offensive teams. NYG are only good on defense along their line, the back 7 are their liability. You will see it on Sunday.

Romo just doesnt need to force anything, take what the D is giving him. He is usually good at doing that recently, dumping off to the RB's and TE's. He got away from that in the buffalo game trying to make plays downfield when the coverage was there.

Romo's ability to buy time against a great NYG rush will be the difference in this game. Barber3 will have 60+ yards in the 4th quarter, and the clock will be ticking. Count on it.

Romo is average, thats fine I can accept that. But he does have an above average TE, WR, RB, and Oline. That could help a little, right?

The best way to play these two teams is the over. These teams are always involved in a shoot out. All the score predicitions in this thread go over 49 as well. Hard for me to say who wins, I think it is a awsome match up and will enjoy watching the game. I lean both ways, then towards Dallas. The play... over 49. (if any)

I'm with you on the Boys Edizzle, the only thing I worry about is Roy Williams continuing to suck at safety, but they've masked him well this year.

Roy has played pretty well this season, and he will always get up for the NY game.

You didnt hear his name in the SNF game at philly, that means he had a good game.

Romo is average, thats fine I can accept that. But he does have an above average TE, WR, RB, and Oline. That could help a little, right?

I wouldn't accept Romo is average... he can read defenses and release the ball quickly with the best of em'..

the G-Men were on his ass in 2 seconds and he would still get the ball out where it needed to be with the pressure in his face...

I know you said they have an above average TE, WR, RB, and Oline.. but the reason those are all above average is because of their quarterback... they wouldn't be looking above average if Bledsoe were still there...

good hit with the Boys Diz... and gl tonight.

Back