***Dallas Cowboys @ LA Rams Discussion***

Can't see the boys scoring 24 two weeks in a row but maybe....lean rams and maybe tease them down

Cowboys are going to have their issues with Aaron Donald. Pretty sure a rookie will be lined up at Guard against him. Dallas as some injuries at WR. Beasley, Austin are battling injuries. Hurns is out. Looks like Gallop will need to take up some targets to help Cooper.
Rams D needs to bottle up Elliott. They've been a sieve vs the run. Prescott doesn't scare me.
1 of the keys to this entire game is the mismatch I'm seeing for Aaron Donald. Not since Lawrence Taylor have I seen someone this off the charts. The guy has over 20 sacks from the DT position? Crazy good.
I watched Dallas play some great defense vs the Saints. I do worry about Goff. He seems to be aiming his throws. He's a little lazy with his feet in the pocket. We have Gurley coming back after basically 4 weeks off with a knee swelling. CJ Anderson has been a good replacement. I'd love to see an old style 2 back set with them although I doubt it happens. Rams only have Cooper Kupp missing as an offensive starter. Off the top of my head, I don't think we're missing 1 starter on defense.
I'd be shocked if the Rams lost this game although Goff playing poorly wouldn't surprise me. He's been flat since the season bye week. Let's see if this playoff bye week changes anything.

If Garrett and Linehan do their film study and can understand why the Rams have been below average vs the run with that front line, then they could be very competitive.

Cowboys are very susceptible to the play action and misdirection the Rams run. If you recall Wilson made some big plays off play action. Also if they catch Dallas in a zone when they're running deep crosses and in routes they can pick up chunks in a hurry.

On the other hand, Goff is much less mobile than Russell, so the pass rush should be able to create some havoc.

Gurley is special, so is Zeke. Slight edge to Dallas based on better run D. Would expect Boys to attack the edge more, pulling lineman and running away from Donald.

Loss of Kupp hurts the Rams more than the loss of Hurns. Both defenses should be pretty healthy.

Psychologically I'd expect the Cowboys to be pretty loose in this one now that they have an elusive playoff win under their belt. That should make them a dangerous bunch. Goff still looking for his first playoff win....city has not witnessed a home playoff win since the Raiders in 1993....there will be some pressure on the Rams.

BTW, if these two play anywhere near the level they played in last year's Week 4 tilt they'll be calling this one an all-time classic. Watch it if NFL Network puts it out there this week.

BTW, if these two play anywhere near the level they played in last year's Week 4 tilt they'll be calling this one an all-time classic. Watch it if NFL Network puts it out there this week.
I remember grabbing the Rams ML in third quarter at some ridiculous price.

It was a great game, no doubt.

I remember grabbing the Rams ML in third quarter at some ridiculous price.

It was a great game, no doubt.

It was kind of the coming out party for McVay's Rams, beating the previous year's #1 seed in their building. Dallas was thinking they'd be 3-1 heading into their rematch with Rodgers & Co. the next week. Instead they were 2-2 and saw ARod go 75 yards in 1:02 to break their backs again.

If Garrett and Linehan do their film study and can understand why the Rams have been below average vs the run with that front line, then they could be very competitive.

Cowboys are very susceptible to the play action and misdirection the Rams run. If you recall Wilson made some big plays off play action. Also if they catch Dallas in a zone when they're running deep crosses and in routes they can pick up chunks in a hurry.

On the other hand, Goff is much less mobile than Russell, so the pass rush should be able to create some havoc.

Gurley is special, so is Zeke. Slight edge to Dallas based on better run D. Would expect Boys to attack the edge more, pulling lineman and running away from Donald.

Loss of Kupp hurts the Rams more than the loss of Hurns. Both defenses should be pretty healthy.

Psychologically I'd expect the Cowboys to be pretty loose in this one now that they have an elusive playoff win under their belt. That should make them a dangerous bunch. Goff still looking for his first playoff win....city has not witnessed a home playoff win since the Raiders in 1993....there will be some pressure on the Rams.

Maybe Gurley over in yards rushing?
If Dallas puts pressure on Goff, which is the best they can do with the back 4 being the weak link, then the Rams start running draws?

I don't agree on Boys gonna run,run ,run....I think they will be balanced as will the Rams.....I can see this one over as I think the Rams put some points on the board and Dak will have to throw it to keep up...If he's accurate (always a ?) then this one goes over. If not they don't get to 20. Personally I think they blew their load last week and Rams handle them....probable pass for me maybe Rams teased down to 1 but that seems too square but I'm as square as they come so why not

I think you have the psychology aspect down pat. Nothing to add, except McVay is never a calm dude anyway, genius but amped, should be awesome game, beautiful to watch.

I prefer the Under here for sure; think the Ram defense comes to play after being ridiculed pretty much the last month and make Zeke really work for his yards. Dallas beat up on the outside offensively as well.

Also looking to tease the Rams; they're still the better side and have LY's playoff loss as some experience.

Gandolf's take on the pressure is noted; I think that applies as well. In the end though, hard for me to see the Rams losing this game.

I agree on the under, as of now Horses.

I think Dallas really tries to control the clock here and shortens the game. It is their best option to win.

I like all unders this week, think 3-1 is a very real target. This is the only one I kinda give creedence to over but I like Rams -7 and prolly will be on team total as well

Can't make a case for over in any of the other 3 games

Discounting the Rams Defense at home is a major :nonofinger: imo

As opposed to Rams over, might go to Cows under. not sure

Rams are going to get to 28 if not more - they averaged 37 at home with their lowest outputs a 23 and 29.

So if you very conservatively presume they get to 28 which they will against the Dallas pass funnel defense, ask yourself how Dallas will keep pace.

Nobody dictates terms with their running game on the road, it’s 2019 and weather won’t be a factor.

Discounting the Rams Defense at home is a major :nonofinger: imo

As opposed to Rams over, might go to Cows under. not sure

Rams defense at home was shredded regularly. Seattle, Vikings, Eagles and Chiefs off the top of my head....

Rams defense at home was shredded regularly. Seattle, Vikings, Eagles and Chiefs off the top of my head....

Then I look forward to what I consider a pretty inept offense sans Zeke shredding them

Well not really considering I'm on the Rams....but I think this is the perfect matchup for the Rams defense, I do actually lean over but much, much more interested in Rams team total

I do love that the gloss has worn off the Rams. Didn't even want to touch them this year but now they are nothing in chatterboxes other than McVey

That this number is 7 is astounding, it could have been set at 3-4 and seen similar action imo. I think they roll the shit outta Dallas, but I apparently rank their defense much higher than others. Rams not scoring 40 against this great Dallas defense would be an upset to me. Concern is the week off.

Then I look forward to what I consider a pretty inept offense sans Zeke shredding them

Well not really considering I'm on the Rams....but I think this is the perfect matchup for the Rams defense, I do actually lean over but much, much more interested in Rams team total

Rams basically have a safety playing linebacker, in Mark Baron. Zeke is bigger than him. It’s not a good matchup If Zeke can get by the first level. If he does, the rams are gonna have to sneak up safeties, which will make them suspestable to the play action.

Cows seem to be pretty relaxed from the local reporting.
Part of me thinks that has to do with the win over the Saints. No evidence of that but I think there can be a similarity made.
Some of that may come from the fact that since the Cows lost to Tenny, they have lost one game. That being Indy and I can tell you Dallas was going through a plan in that game, not interested in winning.
Dallas attempted to convert 5 fourth downs vs Indy.
Through the rest of the season , they had one attempt in 8 of their games ,zero in four and two in four. Indy was the outlier. Going for 5 fourth downs is not on the normal RedJesus agenda.

If you like dallas, I think you should consider parlaying with the under for a small bet. Just don’t like their chances as much if it’s a high scoring game

Reactions: KJ
I've pretty much staked my opinion on the Rams offense as the dictator of this game and very excited that the opponent kept the numbers reasonable

So you won’t be tailing Me Kj?

You have any insight to drainage on the field , I’m assuming it’s covered ?

Hear Cowboys are 3-0 ATS as outright winner when dogged 7 or more Don't think Rams offense is as comfy without Kopp, not counting Cards and Niners game at end of year, trash.

All this dallas love has my mind literally blown. I have gone through so many threads seeing how playing at the Coliseum is no advantage for the rams. Are people that naive? If dallas plans to shove zeke down the rams throats for four quarters its a mistake. Zeke is gonna get his 130-150 all purpose as he always does. You put the game in the hands of Dak vs Goff 100 times and I am taking the latter 100 out of 100 times. Without question dallas will look to set tempo. I see the rams winning by 16-20 here with dallas having at least double the time of possession. Dak gonna Dak. If he starts to roll out and make plays with his feet I see a Cooper Rush appearance after Ndamukong goes Suh and Hurns's his ass.

Hear Cowboys are 3-0 ATS as outright winner when dogged 7 or more Don't think Rams offense is as comfy without Kopp, not counting Cards and Niners game at end of year, trash.

Yep, I don’t have any stats supporting the loss of Cupp but it feels like th offense is not nearly as good. I know he hurt my fantasy team getting injured

All this dallas love has my mind literally blown. I have gone through so many threads seeing how playing at the Coliseum is no advantage for the rams. Are people that naive? If dallas plans to shove zeke down the rams throats for four quarters its a mistake. Zeke is gonna get his 130-150 all purpose as he always does. You put the game in the hands of Dak vs Goff 100 times and I am taking the latter 100 out of 100 times. Without question dallas will look to set tempo. I see the rams winning by 16-20 here with dallas having at least double the time of possession. Dak gonna Dak. If he starts to roll out and make plays with his feet I see a Cooper Rush appearance after Ndamukong goes Suh and Hurns's his ass.

My man

I wanna ride higher than I can on Rams team total over. This LAR offense vs Dallas defense is such a mismatch I'm wetting my panties

Lol Cow fans, you really do suck and this is the worst possible matchup for ya drunk fux

I’m seeing more Colts and Bolts love

Back