Cubs/Reds & Red Sox/White Sox Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Bet This MLB Parlay at (+255) on Wednesday

Chicago Cubs vs. Cincinnati Reds
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 6:40 p.m. ET at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati

Who Is Starting for the Cubs?

Kyle Hendricks starts tonight for the Cubs.

This year, he has been a disaster in road games within his division.

On April 13, he allowed six earned runs in 3.2 innings in Pittsburgh.

Then, on April 29, he conceded six earned runs in 4.1 innings in Milwaukee.

Those were two of his worst starts of the season.

His third catastrophe came in his most recent start, to Arizona. In that start, he allowed four home runs.

This last start was Hendricks' third of the season in which he surrendered multiple home runs.

Hendricks' vulnerability to the home run ball is something that the Reds can exploit because they average .33 more home runs at home in their characteristically hitter-friendly ballpark than on the road.

How Do Red Batters Match Up With Hendricks?

Hendricks is in a tough spot tonight because he is playing in Cincinnati.

In 12 career starts in Cincinnati, Hendricks suffers a 5.75 ERA.

Plenty of active Red batters have accumulated dominating track records against Hendricks.

Nick Senzel, Kyle Farmer, Tommy Pham, and Joey Votto are slugging between .538 and 1.167 in at least six career at-bats against Hendricks.

Who Pitches For The Reds?

Luis Castillo makes his fourth start of the season tonight for the Reds after he finally displayed strong form in his last start.

He last started against the Blue Jays and yielded a 1.44 FIP (like ERA but factors out fielding) in that outing.

This season, on average, Castillo has shown a decline in velocity.

However, he recovered his velocity in his last start against the Blue Jays.

Castillo's velo recovery is masked by his season velocity averages.

His strong form and demonstrable preparedness to play well allow us to have faith in him.

How Do Cubs Match Up With Castillo?

What makes Castillo particularly reliable tonight is the fact that Cub batters match up poorly with him.

Primarily, Castillo throws four pitches, which make up his entire pitching repertoire.

These pitches are his high-velocity sinker, his changeup, his high-velo fastball, and his slider.

Chicago ranks 23rd in slugging against Castillo's pitches.

Boston Red Sox vs. Chicago White Sox
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 8:10 p.m. ET at Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago

Who Pitches for Boston?

Rich Hill pitches for the Red Sox tonight.

Hill has had it fairly easy this season in terms of competition faced.

He encountered one team that ranks top-nine in slugging against lefties.

This team, Minnesota, scored four runs in Hill's 4.2 innings.

Do White Sox Batters Match Up Well With Hill?

Chicago poses a tougher test for Hill because it owns one of the best lineups against left-handed pitchers.

The White Sox rank fifth in slugging against lefties.

Every active White Sox batter with at least three career at-bats against Hill has strong numbers against him.

With Hill on the mound, Jose Abreu is 1-for-3 with a double, Josh Harrison is 3-for-9 with a double and a homer, and AJ Pollock slugs .650 with three home runs in 20 at-bats.

Hill is also in a tough spot tonight because he has a terrible track record in Chicago's venue.

In 14.2 innings here, his career ERA is 7.36.

Who Pitches For Chicago?

It hardly seems relevant to note who Boston's opponent on the mound is because of how hot the Red Sox are.

The Red Sox have scored six runs or more in each of their last five games.

They promise to thrive also against White Sox starter Lucas Giolito tonight for two reasons.

One, Giolito has been at his worst against the teams that he is least familiar with, which are those outside of the AL Central.

Two, Giolito throws primarily a fastball, changeup, and slider.

The Red Sox match up well with him in that they rank fifth in slugging against his pitches from righties.

Best Bet: Parlay Reds ML at -122 & Red Sox/White Sox Over 8 at -105 at +255 odds with BetOnline

Reds seem like they can win games now imo it‘s wrong just to discount them

doesnt appear anyone discounting them as the line all way up to reds-142.. im all bout playing bad teams but not sure bout doing so laying bunch of juice! the idea to playing crappy teams is getting plus money! good job getting it early, that line was def short at open.

casitllo k prop only 5.5 but more juice than i prefer. could be a decent parlay partner tho, everyone knows i like attacking the scrubbies with the k props! ton of swing and miss in that lineup. not real worried bout castillo velo dip as you said it was better last game and even with the slow start he still averaging over 95mph on his heater and sinker. His swing and miss is crazy low right now but i suspect that will come back up with the velo and as he gets his arm back up to full strength. i know one thing, if he still the same guy he been in a couple months this number would be at least 6.5 or higher against this cubs lineup..

casitllo k prop only 5.5 but more juice than i prefer. could be a decent parlay partner tho, everyone knows i like attacking the scrubbies with the k props! ton of swing and miss in that lineup. not real worried bout castillo velo dip as you said it was better last game and even with the slow start he still averaging over 95mph on his heater and sinker. His swing and miss is crazy low right now but i suspect that will come back up with the velo and as he gets his arm back up to full strength. i know one thing, if he still the same guy he been in a couple months this number would be at least 6.5 or higher against this cubs lineup..
I grabbed some at -125. Gonna be looking at Greene K prop tomorrow too.

we gonna get the cincy game in? that a huge concern with playing castillo k prop also, looks like storms in the area. it would suck to lose a pitcher prop cause they start the game then get a delay and he doesnt come back out!

think im gonna have to just leave that game alone, i see a 80% chance of storms around time of 1st pitch then 50% pretty much rest of the night.

id love a shot to fade Rich hill here in one way or another but seems you picked a couple games with potential weather issues :( much like in cincy they calling for 80% chance of storms around scheduled 1st pitch then 50% throughout the night.

What worries me is if they start the game and get a few innings in then a long delay and still get it played: starters don’t often come back out after long delays.

Freaking Rich Hill no-hitting the White Sox lmao, fuck these guys man. But Boston bats really disappointing, too.

Back