Cubbies vs Rockies thoughts

BringInTheLefty

Pretty much a regular
The loser of tonight’s game will see their season come to a end ~~ Cubs & Rockies split their 6 games this season, the last of which was played at the beginning of May~~ each team scored 33 runs over the 6 games

Lester will start tonight he is 18-6 with a 3.32 ERA he has won his past 3 starts and 4 of his 5 outings in September ~~ he hasn't allowed an earned run in two of his previous two starts but is 1-3 with a 2.25 ERA in five career starts against the Rockies ~~ Cole Hamels will be ready if Lester gets hit early

Freeland 17-7 with a 2.85 ERA will start on three days rest & has not lost since Aug. 1 ~~ he is 5-0 in September and is 9-1 with a 2.41 ERA in 14 starts since the ASG ~~ Freeland is 0-2 in a pair of career starts against the Cubbies with a 4.15 ERA

After digesting all this I am leaning towards the Rockies I think they are very hungry for this W

I’m leaning on the over as well ~~ also like Rockies TT over 3.5 +110

Another thing someone pointed out to me was the second half over 3. I’ve never made a second half baseball wager, not even sure if I have that option! Lol. I’m assuming that starts after 5th? I def like more than 3 runs from 6th inning on.

By the way I confess I bet the Cubs. Freeland played 4 consecutive games on 4 and is now playing on 3. In his last game he gave up 11 hits I believe when playing at home and he is playing against Lester on 4 and at night. Lester in playoff spots has been one of the best. I am not saying Colorado did the wrong thing but getting Freeland 5 days rest recently would have jumped his chances up a LOT

Essentially people are saying I like this or that but no facts given to support them. I repeat last game Freeland playing at home gave up 11 hits

Essentially people are saying I like this or that but no facts given to support them. I repeat last game Freeland playing at home gave up 11 hits

I feel like I’ve made a reasonable if not good case for why I like the over in one thread or another. Seems like lot of potentially vulnerable pitchers in this game against couple solid lineups. Honestly when they opened it at 7 I assumed wind had to be blowing in hard, I liked over regardless but it doesn’t even appear to be the case. I guess my biggest worry is the freaking total still sitting at 7 most places and they just keep juicing it more instead of moving it up. Seems a little suspicious, lol.

Rockies are 9-2 in their last 11 overall and 1-4 in their last five versus the NL Central~, Colorado is 1-4 in their last five playoff road games and 4-1 in Freeland’s last five road starts~~Cubs are 1-4 in their last five playoff games and 4-0 in Lester’s last four with four days’ rest~~Cubs 11-3 in Lester’s last 14 Tuesday starts and 38-13 in his last 51 home starts

lots of stuff points to lester
cubs hot bats
cubs crush lefties
lester 3-0 in home playoffs as cub
freeman untested on 3

...but I'm going with rox, somewhat a team of destiny the way they played 2nd half and freeman their go to guy

i got rox +128 and under 4 FF

rox 12-5 this year after leading by 1 after 1inn
9a26a60f-052d-41dc-9306-51a2f063fba0.png

ARoid and Matt IDontCareWhatHisNameIs are so bad they make me wish Joe Buck was announcing.

also thats why I'm watching espn2 ;)

I was talking about pundit Rockies ml for game or Rockies -1.5

Back