Milwaukee @ Seattle
NY Yankees @ LA Angels
Toronto @ Cleveland
Oakland @ Chicago White Sox
Texas @ Tampa Bay
St Louis @ Philadelphia
Miami @ Pittsburgh
Chicago Cubs @ Colorado

Well hopefully you don't pick the same for the third time in a row, but yes...let's put some tiebreakers in place for it now.

1. Choose your team for series (like normal)
2. Choose total runs YOUR TEAM will score in that series (closest to that # will win)
3. Choose a total run differential (plus or minus) for your team for that 3 game series.

So, if you choose Indians it should be:

Indians
Total runs in series: 15
Run differential: +4

STANDINGS (BOLDED = GRADED)
QUARTER 1 CHAMPION: DwightS
QUARTER 2 CHAMPION: NYGiants25
QUARTER 3 CHAMPION: GWarner27
CHAMPION: NYGiants25

[TABLE="class: cms_table_grid, width: 850, align: left"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="align: center"]CTG MEMBER[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FINALS WK 1[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FINALS WK 2[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]FINALS WK 3
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]RECORD[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]DwightS[/TD]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[TD="align: center"]0-9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]NYGiants25[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]STL (August 5, 6, 7)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]WAS (August 12, 13, 14)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]CLE (August 16, 17, 18)
CLE RUNS SCORED: 18 (ACTUAL: 15)
CLE RUN DIFF: +7 (ACTUAL: 0)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]5-4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]GWarner27[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]STL (August 5, 6, 7)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]WAS (August 12, 13, 14)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]SEA (August 19, 20, 21)
SEA RUNS SCORED: 15 (ACTUAL: 21)
SEA RUN DIFF: +3[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]5-4[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Have the other two decided if they will let me compete in some way in the spirit of competition? I assume not since I wasn't around for the actual deadlines and didn't realize it had started, which is on me, but wanted to make sure before I sat out the final week. Thanks!

Pretty sure they will enjoy the spirit Of competition with each other. Sorry you could finish out.

Reminder to all to send the 3 tiebreakers as well as your pick. They are located in the first thread above.

i'm certain i've had a couple picks over the season that went 0-3 ...

compete by selecting a team ... or don't and quit ... welcome back to America :shake:

sorry Dwight, but i was DQ'd from the MLB contest two years back with a monstrous lead because I didn't meet the minimum picks in the last month so I don't really feel bad about your missed opportunity

so if i understand this correctly I need to go 2-1 and beat his three run difference (15 vs. 18) or if we tie I just need my team to outscore the other (CHW tied CLE 15-15)

Considering:
CHC
SEA
PIT

sounds about right ... although if it came to the 3rd tie breaker, you still need to pick a differential and get that within 7 runs ... the way the rule reads, its not just based on run differential, its based on how close you guess that differential ... :shake:

NYGiants25 (Final)
Cleveland: 2-1
Runs Scored: -3
Run Diff: -7

GWarner (Sunday Pending)
Seattle: 2-0
Runs Scored: 0
Run Diff: 7

Last edited:
i was just worried about them scoring at least 3 runs ... would have sucked if they lost and scored less than 3 ... nice 3 run 3rd they just completed though :shake:

well that should about seal the deal ... nice win sir ... thanks to CTG and eggman for putting on contest :shake:

Nice work man!

BAR will be in touch with each of you.

Winner please post the MLB game you'd like for tickets, think it'd be cool to see which one you choose. Congrats to both again.

holy shit!!! what a 9th inning, i stopped watching after seattle went up 6-1, just saw the replay on mlb tonight ... wait, wouldn't i win based on 1st tiebreaker, total runs by your team???
we both went 2-1 for this round ...
1st tiebreaker ... my variance was 3 and Gs was 6 ???

Oh, my, goodness.

I had no idea it was still going on. When NYG posted I thought he meant it was over.

Fuck my bad Warner -- you're a class act and will handle it just fine lol but yeah it looks like NYGiants wins.

hey man i apologize, i really did turn it off thinking it was game over the way they were playing ... reverse jinx was un-intentional as it rarely goes in my favor :shake:

truthfully i knew i was screwed when a friend of mine who I discussed my pick with came in at 5:38 ET "I smell a sweep" followed by "No way they can lose this lead"

But Nori Aoki should get DFA'd for this

And no worries Steed, congrats NYG :shake:

My bad as well. I was going by the old tie breaker rules I forgot that, or didn't factor in, that we had the 3 other tie breakers. My bad. Congrats to NYGiants25, crazy finish. What a screw job for you GWarner.

My bad as well. I was going by the old tie breaker rules I forgot that, or didn't factor in, that we had the 3 other tie breakers. My bad. Congrats to NYGiants25, crazy finish. What a screw job for you GWarner.

all good egg, just save me a spot in your contests throughout the year and we're even

No problem GWarner, although Pick Club I think has made its final run, you can be in which ever ones I run....

egg ... give me a couple more days, ill get something picked out by weeks end ... closest ball parks to me are 4-6 hours away, going to try and line up some "business" travel to coincide with a ball game ... :shake:

Please PM me with your game of choice, as egg will be unreachable for a business trip. I'll then send them to you in mail. Thanks!

Back