SEA -11.5 43

Last edited by a moderator:
Play #1

Parlay 6-1 for

Atl +6.5, Jax +10.5 and Dall +6.5 Risking $1500

Play #2

[/B Atl +6.5 $1580

Last edited:
Well, this kind of sucks. Grind it out for the whole season only to lose to gambole having a ridiculous last day of the season. If we do this again, it's maybe something to think about, having a rule that you can't bet more than what you started with for the week in any one weekend. Otherwise, you get this kind of Hail Mary week, which I understood to not be the spirit of this contest.

no offense to gambole, hats off to him for having a great week and playing within the rules, just commenting on what I'm seeing

Philadelphia -6.5 - $600

Last edited:
Well, this kind of sucks. Grind it out for the whole season only to lose to gambole having a ridiculous last day of the season. If we do this again, it's maybe something to think about, having a rule that you can't bet more than what you started with for the week in any one weekend. Otherwise, you get this kind of Hail Mary week, which I understood to not be the spirit of this contest.

no offense to gambole, hats off to him for having a great week and playing within the rules, just commenting on what I'm seeing and what is forcing me to do this, something I would never do in any sort of normal betting circumstance:

Philadelphia -6.5 - all in

Yes Galt, I agree completely...remember when this came up during the season? I figured that's how it would/should be, but it was voted on. Lexington was the one who started it, blame him (lol).

It's pretty much exactly why I didn't want to allow it, and I was taken to task for it.

Going to do this again next year for sure, but there will be some different rules no doubt. It should never be an all in fest on the last week of the season, especially for guys who have been on top, or near the top for the whole year.

FWIW Galt, I just went back and checked, and you voted to allow the rollover plays. I don't think it would have mattered if you voted no, but why did you vote yes?

Yes Galt, I agree completely...remember when this came up during the season? I figured that's how it would/should be, but it was voted on. Lexington was the one who started it, blame him (lol).

It's pretty much exactly why I didn't want to allow it, and I was taken to task for it.

This is my fault then for not paying attention, because I am always against a free for all in a contest. Makes the rest of the season significantly less consequential. Oh well, hats off to gambole on a great day and probably winning this contest

Lareux I honestly probably just glossed over and voted the way everybody else was. It's my fault, and I deserve to lose now for not paying attention.

This is my fault then for not paying attention, because I am always against a free for all in a contest. Makes the rest of the season significantly less consequential. Oh well, hats off to gambole on a great day and probably winning this contest

Yeah, he wins. You and I cannot catch him, even going all in, unless you play a parlay (I've already played a parlay today).

Paying out 3 spots though (60%/30%/10%), so in the spirit of being fair and a stand up guy, you don't have to go all in here. You can play a parlay though and win, so if you wanna do that, go right ahead.

Yeah, I slow played all year. THinking if you stayed close to your stake you'd be right there.
The NFL is brutal.
I went bigger today and lost both games.
Now just trying to look respectable.

Thanks guys, good luck to ya and it's been fun.

Yeah, I slow played all year. THinking if you stayed close to your stake you'd be right there.
The NFL is brutal.
I went bigger today and lost both games.
Now just trying to look respectable.

Thanks guys, good luck to ya and it's been fun.

It's been fun for sure. The contest is/was supposed to be more of a "who's the best capper and money manager" type contest, but it doesn't seem like that's too easy to get with the way some guys just like to go all in or bet half their bankroll on a game. Some tweaks to the rules are in order, the contest will be back next year bigger and better (hopefully).

I voted against allowing rollover plays when the issue came up. This was the rule the majority wanted. I believe this was the only week I took advantage of it and it worked out perfectly for me.

As Lexington correctly points out, I was at or near the top of the standings for most of the season. Thanks Lex.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone.

It's not like gambole wasnt in or around the top of the standings all season

Congrats gambole! :shake:

You're right he was...until he decided to go all Lex and bet half his bankroll on a game or 2. j/k Lex

No one is mad at you personally Gambole, you played w/i the rules and it worked out well. I just knew it would turn into something like this when the discussion came up, and it's the reason I was so against it.

The bottom line is next year we won't be allowing wager amounts more than what you start a week with, like it was supposed to be in the first place except for stupid me not spelling it out in the rules. It was my fault initially for sure.

Congrats to all the winners, contest was fun....Look forward to playing next year. Thanks for running it Lareux

Thanks guys, I had fun running this, but it wouldn't have been anything without the guys who were in it.....so thanks to everyone who participated!! We will be back next year, hope to see everyone again and I'm sure we can add a bunch of new guys to get that pot up there.

Payouts will be made as soon as I hear back from Gambole on who he is on LeagueSafe (Galt, I figured out who you were). I will also put up the final standings (of course), as well as the final tallies for everyone and their bets and win percentages.

Thanks again guys for playing, it was a bunch of fun!

Final Standings and Payouts: (yes, only 3 people had money left at the end of the season)

[TABLE="width: 167"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]NAME
[/TD]
[TD]BANKROLL[/TD]
[TD]PAYOUT[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]GAMBOLE
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$26,260[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$216
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]LAREUX[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$13,085[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$108
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]J GALT[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$12,862[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$36
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Got the email that the payouts went out today and was all like, "Wait, I won money—awesome." Then of course I realized and remembered I won exactly jack shit. *shakes fists at the sky*

Point being, really well run contest, Lareux. And congrats again to those in the money.

Back