CTG Playoff Committee

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Let's see your top 6. Goal is to have the 4 best teams in the playoff, whatever your interpretation of that is.

Alabama
Clemson
Michigan
Washington

aTm
Louisville

Bama
Clemson
Washington
Michigan
A&M
Ohio St.

I think we'll learn a lot about the Committee this year. Very real possibility of having a compelling one-loss non conference champ (namely, Michigan, Louisville, or Alabama), a two+ loss conference champion (any one of Auburn/LSU, Big 12, Pac South, B1G West, ACC-Coastal), and an undefeated non-P5 (W. Michigan).

Really not much to discuss. We have the obvious top 4 teams with OSU controlling their own destiny if they win out. Louisville needs Clemson to lose the conference for Louisville to have a chance. The best conversation is what happens if UW stumbles? Do they put in 2 from the Big 10 or 2 from the ACC? Ain't no way anyone from the Big 12, Pac 12 or mid majors get in. It's a 6 team race with OSU having the same leverage as the top 4. Louisville needs help.

If Penn State win out they have the hammer over tOSU for the title game, so I've heard. I assume that's correct.

I got it, yes I just heard that tOSU doesn't really control their own destiny. Michigan does.

OSU needs Michigan to remain unbeaten going into their game. In that case, OSU controls its own destiny.

If Michigan slips up, OSU would need a PSU loss.

Back