CTG NFL year-long handicapping league (Year 2)

• Thread starter Thread starter Lareux
  • Start date Start date
L

Lareux

What's up fellas? I am going to run a year long NFL handicapping league (contest) that I hope will get some good participation. The entry fee this year will be $50. I'm calling it a league, but it's really just a contest to see who is not only the best handicapper, but also the best money manager.

Here are the rules:

$10,000 to start for each participant
Minimum of 2 bets per week, maximum of 4 (point spreads and totals only, no MLs)
If the minimum 2 bets are not made, you will lose 10% of your bankroll, and any bet that you made will be voided (if you only made 1 bet for the week)

• Can play 1 parlay (2 or 3 team) in your 4 plays
    • 2 team parlays will pay 2.6/1
    • 3 team parlays will pay 6/1
  • Can play 1 teaser (2 or 3 team) in your 4 plays
    • 2 team teasers are 6 pts and -120
    • 3 team teasers are 10 pts and -130
  • Minimum amount for wager is $100, there is no maximum
  • You can only wager, in a week, what you started the week with (this is a new rule, there was much discussion last year towards the end of the year (after a vote during the year), and there was a vast majority who didn't like the fact that guys could bet their bankroll on a game, win the bet, and then bet that amount on a later game....so we are adopting this rule)

If you run out of money at any point, you are eliminated…there are no “re-buys”

Depending on the number of guys in the contest, payouts will be determined before the season begins. I would like to pay the top 10-20% of participants (much like a poker tourney).

If there are any new rules or tweaks that anyone would like to suggest, please do so and we will vote on the rule if necessary.

Last year I suggested that the top 4 (or 6, 8, whatever) at the end of the regular season, advance to the "playoffs" and bet during the NFL playoffs to determine a winner. We could crown the regular season champ (and pay out everyone who deserves to be paid out, based on # of participants), but only use 75-80% of the prize pool, and then use the left over % to pay out the "playoff" winner. It's just a suggestion, if there's any interest we can discuss it further.

I hope to see everyone back from last year, as well as a bunch of new guys for this season! Last year we ended up with 18 people, the top 3 were paid out. With the buy in being a little bit more this year, hopefully we see more participants (guys said they would have played last year had the buy in been more).

No aliases allowed. Hopefully a mod can help with that if anyone suspicious pops up and tries to enter. Thanks!

Any questions....fire away!

Last edited by a moderator:
List of last year's participants (in order of finish, however, only the top 3 guys finished with any money left, so after 1-3 it's just random order)...

[TABLE="width: 88"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]GAMBOLE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]LAREUX[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]J GALT[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MADSHOOTER[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]JOEPUBLIC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]JUMPONBOARD[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]EGGMAN[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MO[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]CHELSEA FAN[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]THE HBOMB[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]ARIZONAKID[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]PRESSITUP[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]YESSIR[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]NEWYORKBOB[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DEUCES WILD[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]NYGIANTS25[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]LLOYD BRAUN[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]LEXINGTON[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited by a moderator:
in ... just let me know what to do and by when ... i'll vote for the higher amount but will play at any amount below obviously :shake:

I have received a few PMs about this, so I am bumping to get more people.

We are not allowed to talk specifics as far as how much the entry fee is in this thread anymore, which is why it was kind of put on the back burner to begin with (it's a legal issue with CTG I guess).

Anyone who is interested, please send me a PM and we will discuss the details through PMs. I will PM anyone who has already shown an interest in this thread, as well as anyone who was in the contest last year.

Check your PMs if you were in this last year, or said you were in this year.

:shake:

Back