[TD="align: right"]18[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]EGGMAN[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]$0[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

3 people are now out, 15 left.

Lexington your figure will be lower than what you have, but your final play had to be lowered from 5500/5000 to 3140/2855. You only had $11,390 coming into the week, you can't make plays totaling more than that amount. I put everything you had left to wager after your first 3 bets (which left you with $3140 to bet on Dallas) A win on Thursday, or Sunday doesn't increase your balance for betting that week.

Last edited by a moderator:
THURSDAY
Sea -6.5 40.5
ARI

SUNDAY
NE -4 43.5
NYJ

SD -7.5 45.5
JAX

Hou
KC -6 40

Cin
DET -3 47.5

Buf
MIA -8 42.5

Chi
WAS pk 50.5

Dal
PHI -3(ev) 56

St L
CAR -6 42

TB
ATL -7 43

SF -4 40
TEN

Cle
GB -10 46

Bal
PIT -2 41

Den -6.5 56.5
IND

MONDAY
Min
NYG -3(-20) 47

Just to clarify..

My balance is 3910

If I risked 3000 on Thursday and won...I couldn't risk 6900 on a Sunday game .

I would only have a 900 dollar balance until the weeken?d settled

Lexington your figure will be lower than what you have, but your final play had to be lowered from 5500/5000 to 3140/2855. You only had $11,390 coming into the week, you can't make plays totaling more than that amount. I put everything you had left to wager after your first 3 bets (which left you with $3140 to bet on Dallas) A win on Thursday, or Sunday doesn't increase your balance for betting that week.

I understand and that makes sense, but when was that established? If that were the case, Hbomb would have not been able to make any more plays in week 5 after his first post, but he was able to. Haven't looked to see if it happened other weeks but again I don't think it was established

I personally think you are 5 K bet should have counted

I could understand if it was a4 o'clock game and your 1 o'clock game was still going on....
but all your bets had been graded before you put in for the Sunday night game.

just my 2 cents

I understand and that makes sense, but when was that established? If that were the case, Hbomb would have not been able to make any more plays in week 5 after his first post, but he was able to. Haven't looked to see if it happened other weeks but again I don't think it was established
he waited till after his games were winners, is this the same you did? if so i think it should count as well..

he waited till after his games were winners, is this the same you did? if so i think it should count as well..

i did indeed. The first three were early and last was the night game. From what I read there was never a rule in place that stated I couldn't. If there was, then there will have to be some more recalculating for any other times it may have happened. I wouldn't make a big deal of it, but others have done it in weeks prior only didn't get penalized, while I lose out on 2,145 bankroll loot

I think you should clearly be able to bet what your bankroll is at the time of the wager....that's not even considering what others have done, which hbomb ahs, and was counted a winner, it becomes a no brainer it's allowed now..

Also, from a discussion merit standpoint, it almost has to be done that way, or someone that is down to 500 bucks has no chance if you are making them do two plays from only that 500 bucks...they should have the option to roll it up and get back in it..

Guys there isn't a deadline just because people wanted to be able to place bets when they wanted. Now we have people taking advantage of the "no deadline" so they can use their money again when they win a bet? If it happened in the past (week 5 with H Bomb) I will go back and make the changes.

I didn't think it had to be established that in a weekly betting contest you didn't get to use the money you wagered during that week again if you won a bet. Again, we can just set a deadline for all picks to be in and this won't be an issue again. The ONLY reason there isn't a deadline is because when we first discussed this, some guys wanted to be able to make plays closer to game time, which was understandable. It wasn't done so you could roll over your winnings from that week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify..

My balance is 3910

If I risked 3000 on Thursday and won...I couldn't risk 6900 on a Sunday game .

I would only have a 900 dollar balance until the weeken?d settled

Right. Or we can just set a Thursday 8pm deadline and this is never an issue again.

I think you should clearly be able to bet what your bankroll is at the time of the wager....that's not even considering what others have done, which hbomb ahs, and was counted a winner, it becomes a no brainer it's allowed now..

Also, from a discussion merit standpoint, it almost has to be done that way, or someone that is down to 500 bucks has no chance if you are making them do two plays from only that 500 bucks...they should have the option to roll it up and get back in it..

H Bomb's wasn't counted as a winner though, it was actually 2 losing bets and 1 winning one (after his initial bet of his entire bankroll). H Bomb lost money that he shouldn't have. I didn't notice it at all, until it was just brought up in this thread, or I would have dealt with it then.

I didn't envision so many people risking 50% -100% of their bankrolls in one week I guess (especially so early in the season), that's on me. I thought we would see some type of money management from dudes with so much to start for the season and the contest being season long.

Can we get this thread stickied this week?

If a majority of the guys want to allow re-using your winnings during a week, it's fine by me. This isn't MY contest as much as it's OUR contest. We can take a vote and go from there. I was simply letting you know why it wasn't allowed in the first place (there should have been a deadline but that was "voted" out by the group).

I agree

Just my opinion. But I like it the way it is. Lex DOES have a point. But it makes Lareux's job of grading the plays more difficult. Its supposed to be fun for everyone.

TILT all in

Teaser -130
Seattle under 50.5
Green Bay +0
Balt under 51
3770 / 2900

Parlay 6-1
Denv over 56.5
NE -4
SD under 45.5

140 / 840

Gambole $19,375

Play 1: Teaser -130

Arizona +16.5
New England +6.0
Indy +16.5

3250/2500

Play 2:

Green Bay -10 ($2500)

Play 3:

KC -6 ($2500)

Play 4:

ATL -7 ($2500)

I vote no on the proposed "rolling" balances rule change.

Last edited:
Right. Or we can just set a Thursday 8pm deadline and this is never an issue again.

It wouldn't have been an issue if there was a rule that said I couldn't do what I did. I made 4 wagers and kept a rolling balance, I should be credited with the wager

It wouldn't have been an issue if there was a rule that said I couldn't do what I did. I made 4 wagers and kept a rolling balance, I should be credited with the wager

There wasn't a rule because I thought it was just assumed. We didn't use a deadline for the reasons I have already stated, which is the only reason it (using a rolling balance) could have even happened in the first place. I guess I was wrong in thinking it was assumed.

It's going to be up for a vote whether or not we can use "rolling" balances. You have voted yes, as has Jump. I have voted no, as has Mo. Should we do a separate thread for the vote, or can everyone just give their vote when they make their plays? Up to you guys...

There wasn't a rule because I thought it was just assumed. We didn't use a deadline for the reasons I have already stated, which is the only reason it (using a rolling balance) could have even happened in the first place. I guess I was wrong in thinking it was assumed.

It's going to be up for a vote whether or not we can use "rolling" balances. You have voted yes, as has Jump. I have voted no, as has Mo. Should we do a separate thread for the vote, or can everyone just give their vote when they make their plays? Up to you guys...

I shouldn't be penalized for not following an "assumed" rule, one that wasn't followed when it negatively affected Hbomb's bankroll. I can understand if from here on out you want to run it that way, but penalizing me because I made a big play and hit with no rule in place saying I couldn't really doesn't make sense.

Also if we are voting on this it seems as if NY Bob would be in the yes column....

Joe Public $8,890

Play #1 - Teaser
Det/Cin over 37.5
GB +0
Indy +16.5

$1300

Play #2
Philly -3 $300

Play #3
Det -3 - $330

MADSHOOTER

Play #1 Wash PK $400

Play #2 Parlay 6-1

SF -4, Denver Over 56.5, and NYG -3 Risk $400

Play #3
Teaser

Car PK, Denv -.5 $800

Wow...just saw this. Sorry everyone. I didn't even think twice about rolling my bets over as there was a question about this awhile back and it was never stated you couldn't. Like others have said, I don't have a problem with doing this, but there is a 2 bet minimum for the week. Anyway, I'm fine with whatever is decided and I apologize if it was me who caused the controversy.

HBOMB

Bankroll $2,100

Play #1

Houston +6 to win $950

Play #2

Jacksonville +7.5 to win $950

I didn't even think twice about rolling my bets over as there was a question about this awhile back and it was never stated you couldn't. Like others have said, I don't have a problem with doing this, but there is a 2 bet minimum for the week.

exactly. I'm fine with the rule from here on out but it would be bullshit to reduce my roll because there was no rule in place

Lex

bankroll +13,390

PLay#1

Bengals+3 (3000)

Play#2

Bills/Fins o42.5 (3000)

PLay#3

Cowboys+3 (3000)

Bankroll: $1575

Play 1: $300 Teaser -130
Dallas +13
Dal/Phl Over 46
Chi/Was Over 40.5

Play 2: $300 Parlay
New England -4
Kansas City -6

Play 3: $250
Atlanta -7

I'll also add that there was someone selecting parlays/teasers with "open" since week 1 and that was allowed. One in the same to me.

I'll also add that there was someone selecting parlays/teasers with "open" since week 1 and that was allowed. One in the same to me.

But they had a bet amount locked in. I'm not saying I disagree with you guys, my only point has been that we didn't have a deadline because guys wanted a bit more flexibility. Had we had a deadline, this wouldn't be an issue. At this point, I don't really care, some guys sound like little babies and others are just trying to stir the pot. Do whatever the fuck you guys want. Fair enough?

But they had a bet amount locked in. I'm not saying I disagree with you guys, my only point has been that we didn't have a deadline because guys wanted a bit more flexibility. Had we had a deadline, this wouldn't be an issue. At this point, I don't really care, some guys sound like little babies and others are just trying to stir the pot. Do whatever the fuck you guys want. Fair enough?

Are you referring to me defending why I shouldn't get penalized for a rule that never existed? Am I just supposed to forfeit nearly 20% of my roll and not contest it? As I said before I'm fine with the rule from here on out but you deducting from me is total bullshit.

Odd tangent, here...you want discussion and a vote and are now belittling those are actually participating in the discussion and voting..

Odd tangent, here...you want discussion and a vote and are now belittling those are actually participating in the discussion and voting..

6 people have voted. If everyone was voting that would be one thing. I'm not belittling anyone. Man, does everyone on here have a fucking vagina? (That was belittling)

6 people have voted. If everyone was voting that would be one thing. I'm not belittling anyone. Man, does everyone on here have a fucking vagina? (That was belittling)

um you sure about that? It seems like you always slide little snide remarks in when someone doesn't agree with you. Which is nearly always

um you sure about that? It seems like you always slide little snide remarks in when someone doesn't agree with you. Which is nearly always

Well, in this case I've said I agree with you guys so that's not the case. I've also tried to explain why I assumed the rule was assumed, since we don't have a deadline (since you guys didn't want one). I've heard nothing but whining right? You will get your money back Lex ffs. Now, everyone else has until the game tonight to vote or rolling will not be allowed and we will have a deadline. Fair enough?

Well, in this case I've said I agree with you guys so that's not the case. I've also tried to explain why I assumed the rule was assumed, since we don't have a deadline (since you guys didn't want one). I've heard nothing but whining right? You will get your money back Lex ffs. Now, everyone else has until the game tonight to vote or rolling will not be allowed and we will have a deadline. Fair enough?
isn't the vote in favor of rolling at this point for those that's voted?

I vote yes.
Since parlays/teasers etc are used, it's somewhat representative of what each of us do all day Sat/Sun.

Basically, if a guy wants to chase , then all power to him.

isn't the vote in favor of rolling at this point for those that's voted?

It was actually tied until press just voted, there were 6 votes (3 for each side). If we don't have everyone vote though it doesn't make sense to take either side. Everyone needs to have a say.

It was actually tied until press just voted, there were 6 votes (3 for each side). If we don't have everyone vote though it doesn't make sense to take either side. Everyone needs to have a say.
Well people have to have read the thread since they are forced to post two plays...if people are abstaining they are abstaining...

Back