CTG Fantasy League Sign-up 2008

SHSUHorn

Thief
Okay last year we had two leagues set up with 14 players in each. One that was roto and the other was head-to-head $25 bucks each. We didn't get the money up front so it was a cluster fuck at the end.

To be honest I didn't even pay in any league so if the winner still wants me to send them the money PM me. I finished third in one league so I'm not even sure if I was suppose to get any money.

Anyways let's have this league a little more organized this year and let's up the anty because people will probably pay more attention to their teams if their is more riding on the line.

So what I suggest is either $50 or $100 each and the money has to be sent via paypal to one of our mods who will be holding the money (likely BAR). If you don't send the money before the draft you don't play.

Will give prices for 1st-3rd? Or whatever you guys think. I think 1-3 would be good because it'll keep the bottom guys with a chance.

Anyway below this thread put which amount you want and which league you would prefer or both.

If we don't have enough $100's then we will just make the league $50 each if we have more then enough then will run a $100 league and $50 like we did in football.

Sooo....

I'm in for $100 on both leagues roto and head to head.

Looks like $100 is going to be the norm.

Head to Head(March 13th Draft)
1. SHSUHorn
2. College King Rex
3. Smith1051
4. Kramer
5. Signal Caller
6. Robo0317
7. Yanks26Sox7
8. Smokedawg
9. Tipyerbartender
10. HawaiiGuy
11. Trainwreck
12. Jumponboard

--------------------------------

ok, are we bailing on the 2nd league. the draft for that is 3/11, btw. but we can change that roto league to a H2H if wanted. and maybe if we did that 2nd league at only $50 each, there'd be a bit more interest.

do we resurrect it?

Last edited:
Im in for the head to head. Doesnt really matter the buy in. Either one is cool

If we do it clean with money paid up front like is being suggested, I'm in for H2H...

Seabass, For $100 right?

And yes money will be paid up front with BAR holding the money like he did for fantasy football.

Also winners know you will be charged the paypal fee if you win. BAR ate almost $100 bucks because he was holding money in both leagues.

Seabass, For $100 right?

And yes money will be paid up front with BAR holding the money like he did for fantasy football.

Also winners know you will be charged the paypal fee if you win. BAR ate almost $100 bucks because he was holding money in both leagues.

Yeah $100 or $50 is fine with me...don't want to go much about $100 though.

Just got into a $500 with some accountants, going to be the most intense league I've ever been in...

Is the draft going to be live, Thats the only way I will do it. I just hate auto pick. Sorry should have asked before I committed but just thought of it now

Can't wait for the bases. If there's a spot in the one drafting on 3/13, I'd love to be in.

I was in both CTG leagues last year, and WAS guilty of going AWOL, had some business and family issues last summer that robbed me of time for anything fun or trivial, but I'd be in for the marathon this year. (I think my team in the roto style format finished second anyway on auto-pilot.)

Also, I don't do paypal, can I just mail BAR the cash if he pm's me a mailing address? Could get it out today, just lemme know.

If no spot open, no sweat.

Id like to be 10th man for H2H........would like to see the rules/scoring. If there is a homepage setup, post the link.

Thx~~

aplous 5x5 with 14 teams in the h2h.

Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Thu Mar 13 8:30pm CDT
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: August 10, 2008
Waiver Time: 1 day
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Innings Pitched: 9
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Thx Horn....so, the H2H league is not a points league, it is roto?

By 5x5 I assume it is roto style......

aplous, You play someone for a whole week and depnding on how many of the 5x5 you win is your point total.

Example by the end of the week you have more RBIs, HR, and Sv. I beat you in the other 7 categories though.

Score would be 7-3 and that's how many ponts we would each get. If there is a tie both sides get the point.

smoke, Exactly. We want more teams because that makes the draft that much more important.

Or you can get lucky like me and get Pence & Braun off of waivers last year

yeah...both leagues are set up. we're ready to go. jsut gotta get enough commitments, as well as the $ collected up front. soon as that's done, we'll give out the league info (and password) and be ready to draft. (live draft dates are 3/11 and 3/13, as someone mentioned.)

also, roto is lagging way behind h2h. any necessary changes can be made to these leagues as well.

in any case, 3.5 weeks away...so let's get this done.:tiphat:

Head to Head for me.......if it is filled I will join the Roto.......

Thanks SHSU for getting the ball rollin.....

I switched Nugzz over to h2h since it looks like we will only have one league. Still 3 spots open.

aplous, are you in or out?

What are the scoring categories in the Roto league - I assume it will be 5X5 as well.

I'm down for the Roto 1st but if we can't get the league filled I will do H2H

So ... who we got? I rushed my money via Pony Express to BAR and it looks like a 4-team league?

id be fine with 12 too...but whatever you guys decide

let me see if i can dust off my paypal user name - is that the best method to use??

i feel like a piece of shit for doing this, but apparently leaving town on the 13th saves me a good $200 compared to leaving on the 14th.

So I can't make the draft-please take me off the list as I don't want to pay $100 for a team I'm gonna have to prerank for.

I really apologize for letting you guys down.

ok, are we bailing on the 2nd league? the draft for that is 3/11, btw. but we can change that roto league to a H2H if wanted. and maybe if we did that 2nd league at only $50 each, there'd be a bit more interest.

do we resurrect it?

---------------------

added the above to the 1st post. so the question is would any of those changes fill up that 2nd league as well? (makign it H2H, and for less $)
lemme know quickly if it's a yes...otherwise we'll bail on it, and go with just the one.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

12 teams is cool for the 1st league.
that said...if nugzz is out, and seabass is out...looks like we're back down to 9 by looking at that list.
where be jump?

My name has disappeared on the 1st league so don't know what happened there. I'm down so that would be 10 teams which would work just fine. 10-12 would be ideal...

How are we looking here with the draft coming up Thursday?

think BAR said things are pretty much taken care of. he still needs to PM a couple the league info, but we should be good to go.

looks like 12 right now. so 12 or 14, whatever works.

also, for that 2nd league...it's obviously a goner at this point. but if anyone wants to do it as a free league, for shits & giggles, the draft is tues nite.

Back