• Marshall -3.5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cent Fla/Marsh OVER 44.5

• Cent Fla/Marsh under 44.5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I live in Orlando and my roommate goes to UCF. Last year in this same bet, I would have taken UCF. This year UCF is horrible. I thought, out of UCF/USF, UCF would be on the rise but USF has taken that spot.

UCF went 7-3 last year to win the conference. Moffet is just not a great quarterback. He cannot place the ball accurately, he can't even do soft screen passes out to the flats. George O'Leary is the highest paid coach in college football and I don't doubt that he will do great things eventually. Once he can secure a solid QB (doesn't have to be great like Daunte :) things will start turning around.

My vote is Marshall, even though i'd love to see UCF win. For all those people considering watching UCF this season, instead check out USF.

Week One 17-14-0 (+11.45)
Week Two 13-15-1 (-48.50)
Week Three 10-6-2 (+39.95)
Week Four 18-8-3 (+166.75)
Week Five 20-11-1 (+149.10)
Week Six 1-0-0 (+17.00)

Total 79-54-7 (+335.75)

Marshall -3.0--Marshall returned four offensive lineman and with Bernard Morris at the helm I'm sure Snyder would prefer to just slug it out with Ahmad Bradshaw. Last year Marshall averaged 127 yds on the ground while this year they have averaged around 170 yds. Including getting 143 against Tennessee and 147 against West Virginia.
Although Marshall has just averaged 145 yds passing Morris has completed over 50% in every game. Essentially Marshall doesn't ask Morris to win games which is just fine.
The Marshall rush defense is giving up only 145 yds per game and that is after going against West Virginia, Kansas State, and Tennessee. Although holding Hofstra to minus five yards rushing helps that stat.
The Marshall pass defense has been pourous in the early going giving up an average of 225 by the air.

On the other side C. Florida has not been effective on offense. Averaging only 115 by the ground and 185 in the air. I think Central Florida is helped by Smith returning. However, Moffett doesn't complete a high percentage and has a history of throwing interceptions.
Central Florida's rush defense has been average allowing 130 yds on the ground but nearly 300 through the air.

Ultimately I think Marshall is able to contain the UCF rushing attack and force UCF (minus 7 in turnovers this year) into passing situations which inevitably will lead Moffett into an interception. I think Morris is smart enough to dink and dunk against the UCF pourous secondary and I strongly believe that Bradshaw will have a terrific game. Look for over 160 yds out of Bradshaw, a semi low-scoring game, and a Marshall win by 7-10 point.

Marshall 24 Central Florida 13

They should have Saunders, James and Flutie doing this game as well. They were all borderline zombie-like last night.

why didnt you vote dude? matthew mc is at the game he looks so hot id toss his salad with jelly or syrup........i prefer syrup

Back