Credit where credit is due......

cashflowmatters

Where the cash flows, matters
In my previous thread I was a little skeptical of all the hype about SEC "d's" and I still am because with the exception of Russle(lsu) there was no nfl qb prospect in the sec this year, so imo opinion the "d's" were never really tested by good qb's. Last night was another example in the 1ts 1/2 of the Sugar bowl, because ND was moving the ball very well, BUT then came the 2nd 1/2 and LSU made some adjustments and simply opened a can of whoop ass!! They defensively smothered ND, to say I was impressed would be an understatemenT:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: If Florida is capable of that kind of "D" Ohio St is in big trouble, what LSU did in the 2nd 1/2 was very impressive! If Florida can play "d" that intense for 60 min getting 7.5 points is like stealing.

Cash The Gators game plan hinges upon just that kind of pressure and speed. Coupled with winning the field position game that is their best chance for a win. LSU's defense is the best in the SEC talent wise. Floridas is a close second.Lookin forward to the 8th.

cashflow

No Florida is NOT that good. LSU clicked against a team without a defense. (see my thread). The Buckeyes are going to roll over them like LSU rolled over ND.

The SEC is real good, and I said all along that USC OR LSU should play Ohio State. Neither one though would have covered.

The Gators have no defense compared to LSU and the Buckeyes have a far, far better offense and defense than what LSU truly has.

SEC good? Yes, but no chance here for the Gators

I love it that everyone feels so strongly about them not having a chance, That creates a hunger for the underdog. Lets think about it how good is Ohio States Defense? Well Michagan hung alot of points and yards on them with no problem. Michigan could have won that Ohio State game and then they were embarased by USC, whats that say about Ohio States defense, USC had no problem shutting their offense down. The Florida defense has been inconsistent this year but they will be healthy and ready for this game, they have teh best safety in the ncaa, they will also blitz early and often, and they also didnt have to many issues scoring on LSU, so think what you will, but it makes me as a gator fan feel good that evreyone has already crowned Ohio State.

Thats why we play the games, ask Kentucky or Boise State, or USC.

Troutman said:
I love it that everyone feels so strongly about them not having a chance, That creates a hunger for the underdog. Lets think about it how good is Ohio States Defense? Well Michagan hung alot of points and yards on them with no problem. Michigan could have won that Ohio State game and then they were embarased by USC, whats that say about Ohio States defense, USC had no problem shutting their offense down. The Florida defense has been inconsistent this year but they will be healthy and ready for this game, they have teh best safety in the ncaa, they will also blitz early and often, and they also didnt have to many issues scoring on LSU, so think what you will, but it makes me as a gator fan feel good that evreyone has already crowned Ohio State.

Thats why we play the games, ask Kentucky or Boise State, or USC.

Michigan had at least a 17 point swing in their favor from rare Buckeye turnovers. Without that, momentum is gone for Mich and Ohio state rocks them badly. More like 60-14. THAT GAME was nowhere near as close as the score. If you feel it was, then that would be enough for any bettor around the country to bet on Fla. The Line on this game will not come close to the end score.

Sorry, but Im not an expert on the SEC. Just capping the games they way I see them. I didnt need to be an expert on the SEC to play Kentucky LSU or any other team. Its just capping.

As far as you being a Gator fan thats great. But Im not betting any team from a fan standpoint.

As far as Florida "blitzing" OSU I can say with conviction that Troy Smith will run wild on them or burn them badly passing.

As far as Fla "easily" scoring on LSU. I can tell you that without the 4 turnovers LSU had against Fla, they would have put Fla's lights out. LSU was the team I expected to see here - and they wouldnt win either ATS. Same for USC. Those were the TWO best teams in the country after Ohio State. Ive had a 3 team parlay on USC, LSU and OSU for weeks. Its pending the OSU result.

I'll post my play on Ohio State in a few days as it will be my largest play ever posted on a site by me, but that doesnt mean I will win. I just hope, they do what I understand them to be able to do.

Last edited:
What exactly do you expect them to do? Show up after playing against inferior oppisition all year long, this OSU team hasnt been battle tested, they havnt been down and had to comeback or had to play anyone who could even give them a run for their money. They have only playeed teams that expected to lose to them, Even Illinios put up a fight with a freshamn quaterback and a hourendous defense...Ohio State has the tools and so does Fla, But Florida is battle tested and has proven they can win in adverse situations. This Ohio State Team lacks big game expirience this year and that coupled with 50 off days will allow FLA to sneak in and suprise some folks..GL with your plays master capper. You cant cap heart or the toughness of a team, especially an SEC team.

G-Man said:
cashflow

No Florida is NOT that good. LSU clicked against a team without a defense. (see my thread). The Buckeyes are going to roll over them like LSU rolled over ND.

The SEC is real good, and I said all along that USC OR LSU should play Ohio State. Neither one though would have covered.

The Gators have no defense compared to LSU and the Buckeyes have a far, far better offense and defense than what LSU truly has.

SEC good? Yes, but no chance here for the Gators

That part of your quote shows...HOW LITTLE U KNOW ABOUT THE SEC...LSU gave up 12.5 ppg in SEC play...UF gave up 13.5...WTF imaginary stats are u basing your opinion on?????????

And who the f*ck has tOSU played for you to say "the Buckeyes have a far, far better offense and defense than LSU truly has'"?

Looks to me that your opinions are based on preconceived notions and NOTHING CONCRETE....sounds like a nice way to end up paying the man...:cheers:

Mully

O JESUS...I just realized GMAN is from Cleveland...HOMER OPINION on the GREATNESS of tOSU...we'll see HOMER...we'll see...:cheers:

And yes, I'm a HOMER too...'95 UF grad...BUT I'm not saying we'll embarass tOSU or they don't deserve to play us or 2-loss teams are better than they are...I'M SAYING:

A ONE LOSS SEC TEAM DESERVES A HELLUVA LOT OF RESPECT and many of the "experts" on this board are giving UF ZERO RESPECT....:cheers:

Mully

cashflowmatters said:
In my previous thread I was a little skeptical of all the hype about SEC "d's" and I still am because with the exception of Russle(lsu) there was no nfl qb prospect in the sec this year, so imo opinion the "d's" were never really tested by good qb's. Last night was another example in the 1ts 1/2 of the Sugar bowl, because ND was moving the ball very well, BUT then came the 2nd 1/2 and LSU made some adjustments and simply opened a can of whoop ass!! They defensively smothered ND, to say I was impressed would be an understatemenT:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: If Florida is capable of that kind of "D" Ohio St is in big trouble, what LSU did in the 2nd 1/2 was very impressive! If Florida can play "d" that intense for 60 min getting 7.5 points is like stealing.

Thanks for standing up like a man and admitting you under-estimated the dominance of SEC D's (although you didn't mentioned UT, Auburn & Arky's dominating 2nd-half defensive performances)...good health if your on tOSU...not too sure we can contain their offense...a helluva lot of weapons...BUT I KNOW WE'LL PLAY TOUGH D...:cheers:

Last edited:
G-Man that was funny.

To say that Ohio States D is head and shoulders above LSU is hilarious.

Outside of a clearly down Texas team and a Michigan team that was lifted to undeserving heights who has this unbeatable Ohio State team slain?

Just curious what offenses has Ohio St faced? Their defense is good but lets be realistic Michigan ran through them and moved the ball pretty well. LSU hasnt faced many great offenses either.

Mr Mulligan: The reason I did not mention Ut,Auburn and Ark is because I don't believe the teams they played were a challenge offensively. You know the Gators better than I , but if they play shut down "D" like LSU did in 2nd 1/2 last night they could very well be raising the trophy. My question now is can the Gators offense put the OSU "D" to a test?

Thats the real question CashFLow..Can they? Hopefully leak has a great night and Meyer doesnt try top get so cute with the play calling, simple physical mistake free football wins the game for either side..Turnovers will decide this game.

PURPLE & GOLD said:
G-Man that was funny.

To say that Ohio States D is head and shoulders above LSU is hilarious.

Outside of a clearly down Texas team and a Michigan team that was lifted to undeserving heights who has this unbeatable Ohio State team slain?

PURP.

Answer. EVERYONE.

Oh, and theyre on a 19 game winning streak. Not bad.

Last edited:
cashflowmatters said:
Mr Mulligan: The reason I did not mention Ut,Auburn and Ark is because I don't believe the teams they played were a challenge offensively. You know the Gators better than I , but if they play shut down "D" like LSU did in 2nd 1/2 last night they could very well be raising the trophy. My question now is can the Gators offense put the OSU "D" to a test?

Good question bro...my only answer is that everyone needs to remember that Chris Leak (who now holds Gator passing records and has been starting against SEC D's since he was a frosh) KNOWS his legacy will be judged on how he plays in this game...if he truly wants to be mentioned in the Swamp with Danny W he needs to play a helluva game...and something tells me Urban will have a trick-or-two up his sleeve....:cheers:

Mully

P.S. Y'all think the last thing Gator playas will hear on their way out of the stadium is "no one expects you to win, no one gives you a chance to win, the only ones who BELIEVE are in this room....lets show America what we all KNOW" ....................F*CK I'M READY TO GO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one gave OSU much of a shot vs. Miami either.
Fla secondary could be the weak link, that and their running game. But pressure from the front can offset that.
I think both teams are very good( not stating the obvious). I think , if Meyer can keep his tricks to just one or two, Fla has a good chance in this game.
If he gets to gadgety, it could spell trouble. It worked for Boise, but that's their style. Plus 0U was looking for Sportscenter highlights, and over looking their opponents desire to win. I think , if you resort to gadgets early, you know your team is outgunned and are looking for a spark early......ask Charlie Weiss.
This is for the marbles, no need to get complicated. The players want this one.

JMO

Press

In the games that I saw Florida play which was about 5 games I honestly was not impressed with their offense, and I for one am dead against the 2 headed QB under any circumstances-I believe it upsets the rhythm of an offense.

pressitup said:
No one gave OSU much of a shot vs. Miami either.
Fla secondary could be the weak link, that and their running game. But pressure from the front can offset that.
I think both teams are very good( not stating the obvious). I think , if Meyer can keep his tricks to just one or two, Fla has a good chance in this game.
If he gets to gadgety, it could spell trouble. It worked for Boise, but that's their style. Plus 0U was looking for Sportscenter highlights, and over looking their opponents desire to win. I think , if you resort to gadgets early, you know your team is outgunned and are looking for a spark early......ask Charlie Weiss.
This is for the marbles, no need to get complicated. The players want this one.

JMO

Press

Agree with your take 100% Press..we need to establish a running game and we can be thrown on BUT we also create an INT or two in every big game...Meyer tried that trickeration shit in the SEC too much and learned the hard way...trust me tOSU's D is not vastly better than the D's the Gators face in the SEC 3-4 times a year....thanks for an unbiased view.:cheers:

Mully

cashflowmatters said:
In the games that I saw Florida play which was about 5 games I honestly was not impressed with their offense, and I for one am dead against the 2 headed QB under any circumstances-I believe it upsets the rhythm of an offense.

Bro, you still don't get it do you?

The talent in the SEC is so close that the days of da Ole Ball Coach's athletes whoopin' up on SEC foes is over...Meyer & every coach in the SEC plays it conservative because the teams are so closely matched and the D's are so strong...one loss against UT or UGA and we could be done...a 7-6 win in the SEC East is just as damn good as a 40-6 win in our books.

It doesn't matter if we lose this game big...if fact, we're supposed to lose it...time to leave it all on the field (from an offensive playbook perspective)...and our running game MUST get established or we'll be in trouble....:cheers:

I know you think we "got lucky" to win a number of games...how about taking a different perspective and look at the great comebacks Leak led?

Mully

I for one will take my loss like a man If OSU beats Fla by 40, if that happens then make a thread to personally bash me and my team, but not until then, the gators got there through a tough schedule and a grueling confrence, give them a little credit.'an_horse'

One more thing from me, and I'll try to shut up.
I'm not totally sold on the "Our conference is better than yours" bit. I'm an Aggie , so I'm not going to say the Big XII was up or down. Same with the others, you can find weakness and strength. One thing I do (pretty much)know is that no one goes undefeated in the SEC. A big reason you don't see as many title shots for that conf.
Auburn.........beats Fla and LSU. Loses to Arky on some trickery and a team that's riding the wave. Loses to Jawja..........a team so inept on offense(at times) they put a whopping 14 pts up on the dregs of the Big XII, Colorado.
Ags play 0U to within 1, lose two in the last seconds...........And we really aren't that good. I would have thrown 100 passes on that defense.
Just like our betting strategies, some of these games are determined by situations.
Rutgers beating a very potent Louisville....shutting them down in the 2nd half. Then the throwup at Cinci. when you've got the prize , so close, closer than you've ever been.

One team(in this game) has rejected all comers. The other ,belched. Once. In a conference where one is all you're going to get,and that may be too many to dance with Cinderella.

Boise , on the other hand......................

All Comers..Yeah not very hard to play 2 big games a season..
Michigan and a unexpirienced Texas Squad..

11/18/06 MICH W 42-39
11/11/06 @NWEST W
11/4/06 @ILL W 17-10
10/28/06 MINN W 44-0
10/21/06 IND W 44-3
10/14/06 @MCHST W 38-7
10/7/06 BGREN W 35-7
9/30/06 @IOWA W 38-17
9/23 Penn ST W 28-6
9/16/06 CIN W 37-7
No contenders in here except Michigan

FLA
ARK W 38-28 bowl game contender
11/25/06 @FSU W 21-14 bowl game winner
11/18/06 WCAR W 62-0
11/11/06 SOCAR W 17-16 bowl game winner
11/4/06 @VAN W 25-19
10/28/06 GEO W 21-14 bowl game winner
10/14/06 @AUB L 17-27 bowl game winner
10/7/06 LSU W 23-10 bowl game destroyer
9/30/06 ALAB W 28-13 near win
9/23/06 KENTY W 26-7 bowl game upset

YOU FIGURE IT OUT...

Last edited:
Hey I know Gman is from Cleveland. He still knows his stuff..........in most Cases ! Hey bro u taken me up on that snow-shovel bet ? RegaRDLESS WE WILL know whats up on Monday night.THen the Winners get braggin rights and the losers another 4 months of gray skies and an Ohio winter. Not to mention the ugliest women in America. Then there will be the ones that STILL Aint convinced, who will argue about which 2 loss team should have played the second best team in the country for it all.those are the real dumb ones. Watch it will happen !! If Florida loses I'll take it on the chin and deal out props. I have never disputed the quality of the Buckeye team. IN fact i stayed out of the whole Mchigan thing up till a week ago. A guy can only take so much of the same old drivel. Especially when its feebly disguised. I particularly like the TAG line that STILL Says Chris Fowler SAYS Michigan would be a 6 pt favorite over Florida" First of all The well respected member of this forum and (rightfully so is respected) that has that KNOWS a line is not indicitive of how much better one team is than another. Chris Fowler prolly dont know that but the well known gambler SHOULD. Second of all ........CHANGE that stuff bro !!!!! Michigan is exposed and finished till next season. Gators will show up Monday in Arizona.

Troutman. Thanks for putting it out there in Black and white. Still there are some that WONT GET IT .........UNTIL mONDAY

Troutman said:
All Comers..Yeah not very hard to play 2 big games a season..
Michigan and a unexpirienced Texas Squad..

11/18/06 MICH W 42-39
11/11/06 @NWEST W
11/4/06 @ILL W 17-10
10/28/06 MINN W 44-0
10/21/06 IND W 44-3
10/14/06 @MCHST W 38-7
10/7/06 BGREN W 35-7
9/30/06 @IOWA W 38-17
9/23 Penn ST W 28-6
9/16/06 CIN W 37-7
No contenders in here except Michigan

FLA
ARK W 38-28 bowl game contender
11/25/06 @FSU W 21-14 bowl game winner
11/18/06 WCAR W 62-0
11/11/06 SOCAR W 17-16 bowl game winner
11/4/06 @VAN W 25-19
10/28/06 GEO W 21-14 bowl game winner
10/14/06 @AUB L 17-27 bowl game winner
10/7/06 LSU W 23-10 bowl game destroyer
9/30/06 ALAB W 28-13 near win
9/23/06 KENTY W 26-7 bowl game upset

YOU FIGURE IT OUT...

That's a very convincing SOS argument and becomes even more impressive considering the bowl success of the SEC. Sagarin shows OSU with the 40th most difficult schedule and Florida with the 18th most difficult. Florida 5-1 against the Top 30 while OSU 3-0. Interesting that Sagarin predicted margin of victory is 9pts. on a neutral field. OSU can't be blamed though for a weak Big 10. Other than Wisconsin and Michigan there really wasn't much in that league.

I dont understand where that comes from, the 9 point margin of victory. I think the stats that are collected throughout the year are worthless since they were achieved from less than stellar opponets. Its creates false statistics, If Florida would have played that same schedule I am sure that there would be better statistics on both sides of the ball. I cant wait for the game, regardless of the outcome, I am ready for the hype to be over and for the game to be played.'an_horse'
Hopefully The Gators take it home for a unified Ncaa Basketball and Football Championship.

Trout that's just what Sagarin's model spits out. Obviously its just one factor in the overall handicapping. I certainly wouldn't put my entire basis on it but it's just a point of interest imo.

abcs said:
We cant put down penn st .. and praise tenny

dont ya think?

Begrudgingly I agree....that fumble by Tenny when they were going to score that got returned the other way for a TD has still got me a little cranky. Credit to Joe Pa and his boys for an excellent defensive gameplan as always when he gets time to prepare. He's won a lot of games with the most pedestrian offenses you will ever see. Remember beating Vinny and Miami by confusing him with all those different zone looks? You might be too young to remember that one though :smiley_acbe:

If Sagarin is sayin 9 and the Gators are gettin only 7.5 well SYS whack theory says Gators cover.Yes...... its a fade on perceived VALUE of the numbers not the numbers themselves See Sagarins numbers are SOLID. The way you read them (and I have been for almost 10 years) is whats important. I say gimme any team that Sagarins numbers say are NOT a good value and I'll cash 60 % plus !!!!

Sy, I'll tell you what you get Sagarin and Dr. Bob in a room with no puters and take em down. Show em the boys at CTG aren't fucking around lol...

I heard a stat on the XM radio today and if I heard it wrong please let me know and if I heard it correctly please confirm. I am sure he said that Ohio St was 0-7 against the SEC in bowl games, is this correct??

Cash

You heard it correctly. Ohio State is 0-7 against the SEC in bowl games with the last one being in Tressel's first year as coach against South Carolina.

Mikesy said:
Hey I know Gman is from Cleveland. He still knows his stuff..........in most Cases ! Hey bro u taken me up on that snow-shovel bet ? RegaRDLESS WE WILL know whats up on Monday night.THen the Winners get braggin rights and the losers another 4 months of gray skies and an Ohio winter. Not to mention the ugliest women in America. Then there will be the ones that STILL Aint convinced, who will argue about which 2 loss team should have played the second best team in the country for it all.those are the real dumb ones. Watch it will happen !! If Florida loses I'll take it on the chin and deal out props. I have never disputed the quality of the Buckeye team. IN fact i stayed out of the whole Mchigan thing up till a week ago. A guy can only take so much of the same old drivel. Especially when its feebly disguised. I particularly like the TAG line that STILL Says Chris Fowler SAYS Michigan would be a 6 pt favorite over Florida" First of all The well respected member of this forum and (rightfully so is respected) that has that KNOWS a line is not indicitive of how much better one team is than another. Chris Fowler prolly dont know that but the well known gambler SHOULD. Second of all ........CHANGE that stuff bro !!!!! Michigan is exposed and finished till next season. Gators will show up Monday in Arizona.

I agree bro, GMAN is a very good capper..read his plays regularly..maybe that's why his outrageous remarks got me going...then I realized it has gotta be 'cause he's an tOSU HOMER...:cheers:

Mr Mulligan: I ran into a buddy of mine this morning who is a florida almunus and he was talking high about a rb for Florida who had a big game against Ark which was the 1st game this guy was healthy for. Who was he speaking of? And is he still healthy for Mondays game? He said the guy has serious speed.

cashflowmatters said:
Mr Mulligan: I ran into a buddy of mine this morning who is a florida almunus and he was talking high about a rb for Florida who had a big game against Ark which was the 1st game this guy was healthy for. Who was he speaking of? And is he still healthy for Mondays game? He said the guy has serious speed.

Deshaun Wynn
Yes he is a stud, he has been under utilized by Urban Meyer so far though, he flies beneth the radar...You gotta remember they Line up Percy back there sometimes too and If he makes it to the secondary its a touchdown...I think people are discounting Floridas chances, they have atleast a 50-50 chance in my opinion..Maybe better if their offense protects Chris Leak, with no pressure he is the best QB in the NCAA, he has touch and accuracy, but even with a little pressure he tries to turn into God and Just throw it up there, I dont like that.....GO GATORS

cashflowmatters said:

Your buddy must be talking about Percy Harvin who is the most exciting Frosh in CFB...he's a RB/WR hybrid...has been injured off and on all year and had 6 carries for 106 yards against Arkansas.

Like Trout talks about, I believe having DeShawn Wynn healthy is a HUGE plus (Wynn had one carry vs. Ark)..Wynn had 22/104 vs. UT, 14/104 vs. UK & 12/51 before getting injured before half vs. Bama...Wynn is a MAULER that can make tOSU's D play us "honestly", opening up the deep strike...IMO, we HAVE to establish Wynn early to open up the big play with Harvin & Leak & D. Baker, etc., etc., etc...:cheers:

Mully

Troutman said:
Deshaun Wynn
Yes he is a stud, he has been under utilized by Urban Meyer so far though, he flies beneth the radar...You gotta remember they Line up Percy back there sometimes too and If he makes it to the secondary its a touchdown...I think people are discounting Floridas chances, they have atleast a 50-50 chance in my opinion..Maybe better if their offense protects Chris Leak, with no pressure he is the best QB in the NCAA, he has touch and accuracy, but even with a little pressure he tries to turn into God and Just throw it up there, I dont like that.....GO GATORS

I think we're (Gator Nation) too hard on Leak...man has been thru a ton...making the change from the terrible Zooker regime to Urban easy for us with the continuity @ QB...we need to remember he is the only (I believe) UF QB to beat UT, UGA & FSU two years in-a-row...6 straight over our most hated rivals...now, time to crown his legacy...GO GATORS...:cheers:

Mully

MrMulligan said:
I think we're (Gator Nation) too hard on Leak...man has been thru a ton...making the change from the terrible Zooker regime to Urban easy for us with the continuity @ QB...we need to remember he is the only (I believe) UF QB to beat UT, UGA & FSU two years in-a-row...6 straight over our most hated rivals...now, time to crown his legacy...GO GATORS...:cheers:

Mully
Your Right he is a competitor. I think he just has a little Brett Farve in him, he wants to take the game over and WIN.

Time to resurrect a saying from the magical Year of 1984 !!!!!!!!

WHo dat say the FLORIDA DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE cant jam who dat who dat ?

I would like to congradulate all the Gator fans, what a great game they played last night on both sides of the ball, and Meyer completely out coached Tressle and OSU now 0-8 vs the SEC in bowl games. I would like to thank people like Mr. Mulligan and other who in my threads made me see what I was missing with the SEC, because of people like Mr Mulligan and others I had a very large bet on Florida +4 in the 1st 1/2 and also a very large bet on Florida +7.5 in the game, I also have to give credit to the guy on the XM radio who made me aware of OSU being 0-7 vs sec teams in bowl games going into last night. The info I gathered from these threads was very important in my decision making for last nights large bets and I want to thank all who took the time to contribute:shake: . Also a special thanks to UCLA for beating USC or the Gators may have never gotten the chance to prove how great they were! I will look forward to this cfb forum again next year, good luck and good health to all and again thank you :cheers:

Back