Craw's random thoughts

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
I'll admit, I dont watch nearly as much hoops as I use to. I could name every roster, and every college the guys played at. I use to smoke BAR back in the day with my NBA knowledge. Now not so much now. Anyway, here is a thread for me to post some random thoughts.

Anthony Bennett, who admittedly I had never heard of until near the draft, is not starting in Cleveland, nor has he even scored a point in their first 2 games? I get the draft is bad, but was he that much of a project?

The Pelicans bringing in Tyreke when they just got Jrue, paid Gordon, and drafted Austin Rivers? Ehhh.

When Vitor Faverani has 17 boards against you with time to play, it's likely your team stinks.

I thought Beasley was going to be an asset off the bench in Miami? He's not in the rotation. Odd.

With Dwight being healthy and Bynum's knees being made of plexiglass, he is more dominant at his position than Tiger was in 2000. I mean Hibbert? Lopez? Lol.

Ok, just some random thoughts as I sit at home bored with a newborn. I will likely update this thread as the season goes on.

Ricky Davis was drafted in the sixth round of the NBA D-League draft by the Erie BayHawks.
Erie is the D-League affiliate of the New York Knicks, who reportedly worked out Davis in the offseason.
Davis played 12 seasons in the NBA, his last campaign coming in 2009-10.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WNrehtOZIlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TzBUAOu4hIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He has to be broke..

I haven't done a deep dive, but Anthony Davis is trending to be the best power forward in the league, after this year..

Havent seen much hoops yet this year, but paul pierce, 1 for 5 4 points. Ehh.. Garnett 2 - 11, ehh..

Beasley looked good tonight

He has the athleticism to be a serviceable body off the bench, just too bad that he's a bonafide nutcase

I dont think I can name 10 players better than kevin love, might not be able to get 5.

Offensively yes he's fantastic…defensively he's noting special. Also he's been on a shit team for so long that he is the focal point of the team.
Watch if the rumours are true about him going to NY, he will have a hard time fitting the bill

Love is from the West Coast. More likely he would go that direction than to the Knicks if he leaves IMO.

I haven't seen enough to judge his defense. The eastern conference right now is just a disaster.

Also with Nash and gasol hurt, the Lakers might even be worse than expected. Kobe will probably go ape shit rather soon.

I haven't seen enough to judge his defense. The eastern conference right now is just a disaster.

Also with Nash and gasol hurt, the Lakers might even be worse than expected. Kobe will probably go ape shit rather soon.

I think you mentioned it before but the NBA right now is bad I mean being a Raptors fan I'm laughing at the Atlantic Division right now…got to be fucking shitting me. It seems all the supposed playoff teams are the ones tanking.

Lakers are…wow yikes desperate I'm pretty sure the Knicks and Lakers have been exchanging ideas on how to be worse than they possibly can.

Havent seen more than 10 minutes of nba this year, but the Nets cant fire Kidd can they? I know theyve had injuries, etc. but this is bad.

They shouldnt have hired kidd, if they were in a win now mode.

Pretty incredible the lakers are 6 - 7. Orlando is currently in the 8 seed at 4 - 7.

Looking at stats, Steph Curry ranked #4 in assists, hibbert and davis averaging over 4 blocks a game.

Klay leads the league in 3 pt attempts and is shooting 48%. Sick.

In a tough loss to the Bighorns, P.J. Hairston broke his season-high, set earlier this week, by scoring 45 points on 12-for-22 shooting from the field.
Tweet (10) Share (9) Share + Comments

In his first two games with the Texas Legends, P.J. Hairston was fantastic. Over the 66 minutes he logged against the Toros and Vipers, the 6-foot-6 guard scored 62 points on 21-for-40 shooting from the field and was making an early case for being the D-League's best scorer. But then, in his first back-to-back game as a pro, he struggled mightily, failing to break double-digits on some woeful 1-for-9 shooting against a tough Santa Cruz Warriors squad.
After a couple days off, Hairston found his stroke again in a blowout loss to the L.A. D-Fenders, putting up 23 points in 28 minutes off the bench. And last night against the Bighorns, he put any worries about his hot start being an anomaly by breaking his season-high, which he set less than a week ago.
In 38 minutes, the former Tar Heel scored 45 points on 12-for-22 shooting from the field. He also set a couple more season-highs by knocking down five threes and shooting a perfect 16-for-16 from the charity stripe. To go along with those gaudy scoring numbers, he corralled three rebounds, three steals and swatted away one shot. However, it wasn't enough, as the Bighorns ended up winning the game by a final score of 124-115.
The Legends had their work cut out for themselves after the first-half. Despite putting up 54 points, they were a mess defensively, giving up 67 points and allowing the Bighorns to shoot 68.4 percent from the floor. But the third quarter proved to be a different story. Thanks to Hairston's 20 points in those 12 minutes, the Legends cut their deficit to three and defensively, they were much better, allowing 27 points on 22 attempts. But after rallying back in the third quarter, they simply ran out of steam, coming up short in the fourth. They have now lost three games in a row.
In his five games with the Legends, Hairston has scored 20 or more points in all but one game. To add to that, he's scored 40 or more points twice, which has helped boost his season average to 27.4 points per game, good enough for the second most in the D-League. He is doing that on some good shooting numbers, too: 51.2 percent from the field and 42.5 percent from three.
In a recent interview with Draft Express, Hairston said that his goal this season is to, "show [NBA teams] what I've worked on and show what I've done to become a better player." He also said that actions speak louder than words and that his stint in the D-League is, "part of a maturing stage for me and I want to show that I'm a way better person than what was assumed." Hairston has gotten off to a terrific start with the Legends and is certainly on pace to boost his draft stock based not only on his supreme talent, but also a level of professionalism that wasn't necessarily seen in his two years at UNC.

Pretty sick numbers.

[TABLE="class: stats-table active"]
<thead>[TR]
[TH="class: date"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: opp"]Opponent[/TH]
[TH="class: outcome"]Outcome[/TH]
[TH="class: min"]Min[/TH]
[TH="class: points last"]Points[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead> <tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: date"]FEB 01, 2014[/TD]
[TD="class: opp"]TEX vs. RGV[/TD]