Cowboys are americas team off season thread

SHSUHorn

Thief
So here it is. Too many damn Eagles threads on here.

First off if the rumors are true and the Boys pick up Chad Johnson and Pac Man Jones that'll be one crazy ass locker room. I love the pickup of Zach Thomas so far.

They will be the most excting team to watch next year.

:popcorn:

As an Eagles fan, I would absolutely LOVE for you guys to pick up Chad Johnson and PacMan Jones and trade all your draft picks for one player...

that would be phenomenal...nothing like destroying team chemistry with a bunch of idiots

We could start a "Countdown till the Meltdown" clock...

your a fool if you think Chad Johnson and Pac Man wont make the cowboys better.

shit I hope the raiders get 85 somehow but no way

Pick up Chad Johnson and PacMan:thumbsup:

Trade picks for DMC :down2:

I don't think we'll be trading a bunch of picks for McFadden. I'm not too worried about that.

Be careful what you wish for Smokedawg. I have no doubt that PacMan would suddenly become a productive teammate if the Titans trade him. It's exactly why I hope the Titans hold onto him. We simply can't get appropriate value in return.

The Cowboys are doing the right thing in try to take a chance because it could pay off huge for them.

The bottom line is that he would be another playmaker who could change field position for an explosive offense.

Pacman for a 5th round pick will be a steal. He will probably have a contract that will be terminated if he gets in trouble again.

DE M. Spears
DT T. Johnson
DE C. Canty
LB D. Ware
LB Z. Thomas
LB B. James
LB G. Ellis/A. Spencer
CB P. Jones
CB T. Newman
S K. Hamlin
S R. Williams/ A. Henry

QB T. Romo
RB M. Barber/First round draft choice
WR C. Johnson
WR T. Owens
WR P. Crayton/T. Glenn
TE J. Whitten
T F. Adams
T M. Columbo
G L. Davis
G K. Kosier
C A Gurode

K N. Folk
PR/KR P. Jones

Plus whatever they add in the draft

Sorry this team will be sick if they make those additions.

Cowboy fans, just a general question: How many regular season wins are you predicting/expecting for next year without the addition of chad johnson but with the addition of Adam "Pacman" Jones.

A team with Tank Johnson, T.O., PacMan Jones and Chad Johnson, coached by the softest guy this side of the stay puff marshmellow man, is a complete and utter recipe for disaster...and that doesnt even take into account Jessica Simpson or the guy with the biggest ego in Texas who owns the team...

It would have a one year window max and you better hope they dont lose two games in a row because then all hell would break loose...

I think the only issues will be enough balls going around for Johnson and TO. The thing with team chemistry is winning always cures it. Issues arise when teams start playing badly.

That team is not going to be losing very many games.

I think Dallas is gonig to take a step back this year because of the lack of stability in the positions of power in the organization. I think 10 wins for the year for the cowboys are inline.

I think Dallas is gonig to take a step back this year because of the lack of stability in the positions of power in the organization. I think 10 wins for the year for the cowboys are inline.

You forget the Cowboys have a Jedi at quarteback.:smiley_acbe:

I doubt the Chad thing works out... you may get PacMan, but it's all good... Plax will eat him up for lunch, regurgitate him, spit him out, then eat him up again...

oh yea.. twice a year.

I doubt the Chad thing works out... you may get PacMan, but it's all good... Plax will eat him up for lunch, regurgitate him, spit him out, then eat him up again...

oh yea.. twice a year.

He probably would the only problem is Terrance Newman would be guarding Buress not Pacman Jones.

Buress lit up the Boys week one when Newman was out.

The week 10 and playoff game were different stories. Buress had a total of 29 yards in those two games combined. One catch for 5 yards in the playoff game before he tore up Al Harris the following week.

Toomer was the difference in that playoff game and he will be matched up with Pacman instead of sorry ass Jacque Reeves or Anthony Henry who were both the co-leaders in tackles for the Cowboys that day if that shows you who the Giants were attacking on offense.

Hats off to the Giants though since they won when it mattered.

He probably would the only problem is Terrance Newman would be guarding Buress not Pacman Jones.

Buress lit up the Boys week one when Newman was out.

The week 10 and playoff game were different stories. Buress had a total of 29 yards in those two games combined. One catch for 5 yards in the playoff game before he tore up Al Harris the following week.

Toomer was the difference in that playoff game and he will be matched up with Pacman instead of sorry ass Jacque Reeves or Anthony Henry who were both the co-leaders in tackles for the Cowboys that day if that shows you who the Giants were attacking on offense.

Hats off to the Giants though since they won when it mattered.

haha.. yea, just screwin' around with you Boy fans a bit...

but seriously though, the "Newman was out in those games and shut down Plax in the other games" story is a story that's been told time and again... and it doesn't hold much water to me...

there is just so much more to that story that's always left out...

like Plax being tied with Moss for the league lead through the first 6 weeks with 8 tds, then playing injured the rest of the season and only scoring 4 tds the last 10 weeks... that injury caused the Giants offense to throw to him less, not just against the Boys, but against every team, which is the reason his production went down drastically...

or like the fact that in the week 10 game, Newman was matched up against Toomer just as much, or more, as he was on Plax.. and the play Shockey scored the td, Plax was a more open target in the endzone against Newman...

or the fact that in the Playoff game, Plax burned both Terence Newman and Roy Williams deep with about 6 minutes left in the second quarter and should have had an easy td in stride at the 8 yard line for a total of 53 more yards added to his stats as well as a td... and that ONE play would have made him more productive on paper than TO for the game.. but unfortunately, as open as he was, Eli overthrew him... shoulda been a gimme td...

seriously, I could go on and on, but there's no point... Things really changed once Plax got hurt and it'll be fun to see them go at it again next season... personally, I don't think Newman can take him one on one when they are both up for it 100%... but of course, I'll expect disagreements considering the crowd I'm up against here.. hehe... jk...

btw, I've been told by alot of Cowboy fans (I live in Texas too.. hehe) that the Giants were lucky in the playoffs and that the Boys overpowered them twice in the season.... the bottom line is all three games could have gone either way... the week 1 game came down to one play, the week 10 game I don't even like bringing up after the way they took away 2 tds (Bradshaws' kickoff return and Jacobs run) with penalties, and the playoff game went down to the wire and coulda gone either way as well...

I think both teams are pretty solid and I'm sure we are going to be having lots to discuss next season in more see-saw battles.. ;)

Blitz, As a Texan I can't believe your not on our side lol.

All three games were great last year especially week one. Should be another battle next year.

I know, I know... I hear that alot from family and friends all the time.. lol..

I've been a Giants fan since 84', and at first, I didn't mind the Cowboys at all and would even cheer for them to support my family and friends when I knew the Giants were doing bad... they would do the same...

needless to say all that crap didn't last long because once it came down to both teams doing good and facing each other in heated situations, then the losses hurt and the wins brought satisfaction... and the rivalries began... that's when you know what color you bleed.. hehe... so I can't help support the Boys like I used to...

I am a Spurs fan though..
biggrin.gif

Have you read the book "The Blind Side" by Michael Lewis? If you haven't its a great read about the left tackle position and how it evolved.

Cause of my age I didn't start watching football untill 85. I had no idea that LT was such a monster as soon as he entered the league and how guys like Flozell Adams, Orlando Pace, etc need to thank him for the contracts they get today.

With the draft over the Cowboys have upgraded its weaker positions.

RB - Barber will start finally and the change of pace back will be Felix Jones instead of Julius Jones which is a huge upgrade for me. I like the draft pick of choice just in case Barber goes down.

Jones will probably be used alot like New Orleans uses my favorite player Reggie Bush which was why he was better choice then Mendenhall a player who didn't produce in a two back system like Jones did at ARK.

TE - Bennett was regarded as the #1 TE in the country coming out of HS and choose a school that never throws to that position in A&M. I think he's an upgrade to Fasano at #2 and with his freakish ability should be a good red zone target for Dallas.

DB - Getting Pac Man and Jenkins is huge and shores up the teams biggest weakness. Now only if they can move Roy to LB and put Henry at safety...

KR/PR - Huge upgrades with Pac Man returning punts and one of college's best kick returners in Jones.

A team that had 13 Pro Bowlers didn't need much but they sure did fill up a couple of weaknesses this offseason.

Back