Covid in College Football this Season

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
I hope we can get through these bowl games as well as we got through the season up to this point.

Question, what testing or protocols do you know your teams, or have you read or heard about football teams taking place this year? I heard of none really.

Lane Kiffin missed the opener due to a positive test, correct?

Texas State had two games effected where players were out, vs Incarnate Word and the following week vs Eastern Michigan.

Cal had two games effected, one where players were out vs Arizona and then they postponed the following week's game vs USC.

EDIT - I forgot that San Diego State has up to 20 players miss the MWC Title game

Are there, were there, any other instances of any players or coaches missing a game(s) due to positive testing? I'm pretty sure nobody was testing, right?

Maybe we can keep this on topic atleast for a day or two. I'm very curious what was or was not happening this year as I'm finding myself in more conversations with people now with the NFL and NBA and NCAAB going on and I want to have the best/accurate information.

Last edited:
I hope we can get through these bowl games as well as we got through the season up to this point.

Question, what testing or protocols do you know your teams, or have you read or heard about football teams taking place this year? I heard of none really.

Lane Kiffin missed the opener due to a positive test, correct?

Texas State had two games effected where players were out, vs Incarnate Word and the following week vs Eastern Michigan.

Cal had two games effected, one where players were out vs Arizona and then they postponed the following week's game vs USC.

Are there, were there, any other instances of any players or coaches missing a game(s) due to positive testing? I'm pretty sure nobody was testing, right?

Maybe we can keep this on topic atleast for a day or two. I'm very curious what was or was not happening this year as I'm finding myself in more conversations with people now with the NFL and NBA and NCAAB going on and I want to have the best/accurate information.
Testing wasn't as required as the pro sports

NCAAF had a very good model. Obviously the Cali schools had an uphill battle because of where they live with regards to protocols.

NFL is starting to take the correct steps as NCAA as we speak and other pro leagues should as well.

I don't think that teams were testing vaccinated players or coaches and I question what schools were even testing unvaccinated players. Just let them play if they aren't showing any symptoms of anything!

If there was more testing, even through Delta and not this Omicrom shit, I can't believe we would've got through the season with just two head coaches and just two teams out of 130 that had any kind of positive reports. Just don't want it to mess with upcoming bowl games, we've made it this far, don't mess it up now.

I don't think that teams were testing vaccinated players or coaches and I question what schools were even testing unvaccinated players. Just let them play if they aren't showing any symptoms of anything!

If there was more testing, even through Delta and not this Omicrom shit, I can't believe we would've got through the season with just two head coaches and just two teams out of 130 that had any kind of positive reports. Just don't want it to mess with upcoming bowl games, we've made it this far, don't mess it up now.
Exactly

The correct way is to not test vaccinated or asymptomatic.

Common sense in the purest form.

Obviously symptoms, of any illness, you get to the bottom of.

It's happening

Miami Hurricanes football dealing with COVID outbreak ahead of Dec. 31 bowl game​

4:44 PM ET

Miami announced Tuesday its football team is in COVID-19 protocols but remains committed to playing in the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl against Washington State on Dec. 31.
The school did not provide any other information.
A source indicated multiple players, across several position groups, had tested positive for COVID-19. Miami is scheduled to leave for El Paso, Texas, to begin bowl preparations on Dec. 26, but there is a possibility the Hurricanes could fly in at a later date and still play.
Further, the source said Miami has moved to virtual meetings. The Hurricanes were able to practice on Tuesday but did so in smaller groups. Back in August, then-Miami coach Manny Diaz said his team had crossed the 85% vaccination threshold.
According to the ACC Medical Advisory Group guidelines issued Sept. 27, all student-athletes, regardless of vaccination, must be tested if a team has a cluster of players infected at the same time. A cluster is defined as either three student-athletes or 5% of players on a team, whichever is greater.

Hawaii Bowl Canceled. Christmas Eve with no Hawaii bowl (or New Mexico Bowl as it was last year).

No way this is the last bowl to be canceled.

Sucks.

There was over 800, probably closer to 850 games involving FBS teams this year. 4 were played with covid impacted rosters and 1 was rescheduled. That is 5 impacted games out of 900. .6%

There were 43 scheduled bowl games and already 2 have been canceled and 3 others had to or will have to find replacement teams or risk being canceled. That is 5 impacted games out of 43. 11.6%...and counting.

Sucks, obviously not just a ncaa problem, all the leagues having issues again after a stretch where it was seemingly over. Just blows it costing us bowls as we have so few precious ncaa football games left this season!!

Multiple sources close to the program told the Journal Sentinel Saturday both players and staffers tested positive in recent days and that the Badgers would be short-handed when they face Arizona State Thursday in the Las Vegas Bowl.

“A lot of them are sick,” a source shared.
Several sources indicated UW could be missing key players on the offensive line, at tailback and at wide receiver.

It is unclear how many of the assistant coaches, if any, did not travel with the team to Las Vegas.

“I’m just the head football coach at South Carolina, so I’m sure no one cares what I think, but it’s a disappointing deal because one of the positives was a senior walk-on getting ready to play in his last football game ever as a South Carolina Gamecock,” Beamer said. “Feels completely great. Has zero symptoms. Not a cough. Not congestion. Not a runny nose. Nothing. And his college career ends with a phone call telling him that he just tested positive for COVID and he’s got to get in a car and drive home yesterday afternoon.”

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...-football/article256911412.html#storylink=cpy

Fucking bullshit. Let them play if they want, positive or negative!

Michigan safety apparently did

dummy, you supposed to walk away fast whenever you see them breaking out a swab! new protocol!! its like when you see a dui checkpoint and know you cant make it thru!

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Back