Contest Ideas

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
Similar to the NCAA Tournament I wanted to start a thread regarding potential world cup contests. Other than a Calcutta I don't really have many ideas

The contest is this.. Was gonna wait another few weeks before I post it...

Points for getting winner and runner up
Points for getting a team that advances but not in the right position
Points for teams advancing after that
Was thinking even points for golden boot

me too ... if I start losing I will just go to the club and dive in the box, put my ball on the spot and score.... errr ... so to speak

Brainstorming here. 4 guys/takeit, random generate the order for each group of people 8 separate times, then random gernerate the actual WC groups into #s 1-8. Use the order of the four people and pick teams group by group. Don't like it, but maybe it can lead to other ideas.

ya I'd love one

you could do something like was done for the NCAA tournament

just do 4 guys
snake order draft
1 pick per group
1 point for a draw/3 for a win during the whole tournament

could split it up different ways too, don't choose by group but choose by the selection pot, each guy choose 2 per pot, that one might have a bit more strategy

Pot 1 Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Uruguay, Germany, Spain, Belgium and Switzerland.
Pot 2 Italy, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile and Ecuador
Pot 3 Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras
Pot 4 Bosnia, Croatia, England, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia

so in the 2nd option the first guy could always take Brazil for example, but maybe he sees Pot 2 and 3 as the weakest and wants to make sure to grab the strongest team etc.

would have to figure out how to seed during KO rounds, i.e if it goes past 90 mins, both teams get a point? does the winner get 2 for winning in extras/penalties? 0? etc.

Here you go, guys, I took a little time and put the squares pool together for you. You can keep your squares for all games, or reshuffle every day.

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]SOCCER[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]gurv[/TD]
[TD]teed[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]monger[/TD]
[TD]schrute[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Here you go, guys, I took a little time and put the squares pool together for you. You can keep your squares for all games, or reshuffle every day.

[TR]
[TD]SOCCER[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]gurv[/TD]
[TD]teed[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]monger[/TD]
[TD]schrute[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

:rofl:

[TR]
[TD]SOCCER[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]gurv[/TD]
[TD]teed[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]monger[/TD]
[TD]schrute[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

hahahahahahhhaahahah

fucking awesome

[TR]
[TD]SOCCER[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]gurv[/TD]
[TD]teed[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]monger[/TD]
[TD]schrute[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
:rofl:

ya I'd love one

you could do something like was done for the NCAA tournament

just do 4 guys
snake order draft
1 pick per group
1 point for a draw/3 for a win during the whole tournament

could split it up different ways too, don't choose by group but choose by the selection pot, each guy choose 2 per pot, that one might have a bit more strategy

Pot 1 Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Uruguay, Germany, Spain, Belgium and Switzerland.
Pot 2 Italy, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile and Ecuador
Pot 3 Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras
Pot 4 Bosnia, Croatia, England, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia

so in the 2nd option the first guy could always take Brazil for example, but maybe he sees Pot 2 and 3 as the weakest and wants to make sure to grab the strongest team etc.

would have to figure out how to seed during KO rounds, i.e if it goes past 90 mins, both teams get a point? does the winner get 2 for winning in extras/penalties? 0? etc.

we need 4 people.

Schrute
Teeed
Monger

whos the fourth?

we need 4 people.

Schrute
Teeed
Monger

whos the fourth?

I was about to make a post for a contest.

$100 each, forget the pots, just a snake draft 8 teams each. Earn 1 point for a draw in the group stage or during the knockout stage losing a shootout , 3 points for a win and most points win. Goal differential of your 8 teams as the tiebreaker, 3rd place game doesn't count.

What do you guys think ?

so if its a KO game that ends in extras no point for the loser?

just the 3 for the winner in that case?

Not a set in stone rule, if you guys think making extra time deserves a point at the KO stage then we could use that instead of forcing PK's.

Last edited:
each game should be worth 3 points, besides the ties that actual end in ties during the group stage would be my idea

I would be interested in this as well (could be free money for all opposition)

I'm down. I'm on vacation til the 9th, but I'll check in every few days to see when a date has been set.

Draft on Sunday at 6 pm EST...that way we get in a couple more friendlys just in case there are any more bad injuries.

Teed, Monger, Schrute work for you guys ?

Alright guys 4 PM EST....will be back here 10 minutes before to get set to draft.

Snake draft, 3 points per win, 1 point per draw in the group stage and 1 point for making it to extra time in the knockout stage. 3rd place game doesn't count. Tiebreaker if needed is goal differential of your teams.

Just a heads up as well. I'll be out of the country from the 11th-19th of July, so if I don't win, payment will be made when I get home.

Back