Conference finals, Rexy-style...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Ended the last round at 7-2 on posted bets.

Not sure how in the hell I lost that San An/Nola total where the Hornets scored like 28 points in the second half. Oh well.

Anyways, onto the finals.

Everything worked out well for me last night. I had two options. I liked Boston to win Game 1 (adrenaline deal) and possibly cover. But I like Detroit to win the series, even down 1-0.

So I chose to sit it out. If Detroit were to win, I am out no money - just in a spot where I can no longer bet the series (as the price woulda been like Detroit -130 if they had won last night).

Since they didn't, I expect the updated series price to come at 220 or 230 in favor of Boston. I make Boston 200/170 at this point and want to get my hands on the Pistons at 2-to-1.

That will be a bet before tomorrow's game. Also going to bet UNDER 172 most likely. Looking for Alimony and the Gang's help there, as the value may well have been sucked dry. Hell, each team had nice droughts last night, yet if Detroit gets close enough late to start fouling, this one woulda flew over.

To the West, where I have San Antonio plus 235 to win the series for a big bet.

Simply put, I think New Orleans was the best team in the West. They had a better matchup on Duncan than anyone the Lakers could throw at him, and they still couldn't beat the Spurs in seven. I don't see the Lakers beating them four times, either. Not with the way Parker has emerged as an offensive threat - something that didn't exist even last year.

It all starts tonight. Spurs slept on the plane, Spurs playing on short rest, blah blah blah... Lakers been off since Friday. They'll have trouble shaking the rust and the Spurs will lead this thing (perhaps briefly interrupted) from gate-to-wire.

The plays: San Antonio plus 7.5 for a medium bet. SAN An plus 310 for a medium bet.

San Antonio plus 235 for the series for a big bet.

GL everyone!

:cheers:

I hope Rexy, I really do...but I don't believe it, not tonight.

Good luck anyways, you know I'll be here celebrating with you if this hits.

I don't think Phil Jackson coached teams get rusty.

Understand the series play, lots of value. I was shocked Lakers were such heavy favorites.

1-1 last night. What a terrible way to lose it.

The good news is that I've had the NBA capped perfectly pretty much to a "T" the last couple of weeks.

Tonight, I'm passing the game. I like Detroit on the court and will take 5 if somehow, some way, it gets there.

The only play, for now, though: Detroit +215 to win the series for a medium bet.

They just ran outta gas last night Rex. I really screwed myself not being able to get a 2nd half play in. Either way, I am sitting that series out till game 3. Hoping for another Laker win and then get SA at what? -2. Thats a 9 point swing. Seen a few 10 point swings so far.

I still think that total has value. People..especially at Blankets I read on Tuesday thought it was "too low". Jeebus, this series is going to be just like that Pacer-Stons '04 and '05 years. Remember I think we saw a 164 in the first year. In fact, the final score of the cliching game was like 69-65. It won;t be that bad, but the unders will rule this series imo.

Thanks, Big Al. Apparently some people think OVER is the way to go, as it's up to 173.5 now.

I am going to play it small at UN 173.5.

I also bet Detroit plus 5 for a medium bet. Couldn't pass up that inherent value. You have to remember that 5 in the NBA is like 3 in the NFL (well, not exactly, but you get my point)...

GL!

The only play, for now, though: Detroit +215 to win the series for a medium bet.

That's quite a nice price, GL Rex. <!-- / message -->

Finally pulled the trigger on the Spurs tonight. The Spurs don't lose home games in the playoffs. This is the second of four straight Spurs wins to close out the series. Manu gets his again, and Duncan dominates.

Never got my '3' without buying, but... thank God for Pinnacle.

The play: Spurs -3 -114 for a big bet.

GL!

Lakers killing them on the glass. Manu hasn't done shit. And the Lakers are only up by 6.

I love it.

The play: San Antonio -3.5 2nd half for a big bet.

Lost a peanut. The hook got me the cash in the second half, which was nice...

'Stones go back to Boston and Git R Dun once again.

The play: Detroit plus 6 for a medium bet.

Lean to OVER but want to get opinions from BetCrimes and the totals gang first....

GL!

OK fellas, back on the horse...

San Antonio plus 8 for a big-ass bet. Do you really think the champs are going to take this lying down? They made this line like the Lakers are playing Denver or something. Come on.

I will also bet on Spurs plus 360 ML small and also have a plus 2800 bet on the series that I will hedge out of after San Antonio wins tonight and Game 6.

GL!

agree REX - i think the LAKESHOW wins the game but SANANT covers -
SANANT will battle to the last second - a lot of veterans with pride -

I think lakers win but dont cover, I also think the refs are gonna be shady 2nite or are gonna call every damn foul on every1

On em as well Rex with the points.

Also rooting for the spurs due to my hatred for kobe and the fakers.

GL

What a screwing we got Rex, fucker for the Lakers shoots & makes at the buzzer for no reason , the Spurs had quit playing.

What a screwing we got Rex, fucker for the Lakers shoots & makes at the buzzer for no reason , the Spurs had quit playing.

Um, if this was true, parker wouldn't have thrown up a meaningless three the possession before that with :10 left, and they wouldn't have fouled Kobe the possession before that with :15 left, nor would they have pressed full-court the possession before that with :25...And why would parker, down 8 with under :20 left take a lay-up after the steal when he had a wide open 3?

I understand what you're saying, but my point is that the 7.5 or even 8 should NEVER have been in jeopardy after Pao hit those two FT's putting them up 11 with :30 left...

:shake:

Bad beat, Rex...GL tomorrow...

Um, if this was true, parker wouldn't have thrown up a meaningless three the possession before that with :10 left, and they wouldn't have fouled Kobe the possession before that with :15 left, nor would they have pressed full-court the possession before that with :25...And why would parker, down 8 with under :20 left take a lay-up after the steal when he had a wide open 3?

Um the point is, when all of the above happened both teams were still "participating" in the game. The three at the end, watch the tape , it was obvious the Spurs had stopped playing. At that point 99.9% of the players in the NBA acknowledge the game is over and no more offense or defense is played.. I pushed on a small bet, no big deal.. But that was a BS loss or push for those who laid out some large units.:shake:

I have to say, I understand both sides.

First of, Vujacic isn't scum because he shot that shot.

Btw, you can see it here, it's an 8 minute recap of the game, the announcers saying how Finley looked at Vujacic like "why you took that shot, we're not fouling"...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VtpDIanFj6g&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VtpDIanFj6g&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

But on the other hand, the kid didn't do anything that wrong, they were still playing 2 seconds before since they did run back to the D. Of course it was well over, but when he got the ball, he was alone, and that position was legit, in game. Not like they stood around and he ran over to the three point shot and launched it.

He already had it.

So even though I do understand you guys here, Finley for telling him that, and the unwritten rule, you really don't shoot that shot...

you also have to know, these guys don't gamble. They don't care a flying fuck of whether the line is 8 or 5, they just played to win. And the guy shot the basketball because it was the last second and he felt like it.

It's not something I salute but calling him trash because of it?

I think it's too much. Tough loss for anyone who had the Spurs, especially since they had to review it as well...

sorry fellas.

Watched it 10 more times now. :D

it's a borderline case really. You can see a Spurs player jumping to intercept the pass, and when he didn't, then oh we won't play any more. I mean yeah, it's over. And Vujacic wasn't really in a catch and shoot situation, he dribbled the ball.

If I were Sasha, I would have waited for the buzzer to sound, then taken the shot, that would be the classy thing to do.

But as I said, these guys aren't gamblers, they don't care about who covers. I agree he shouldn't have taken it but he's not a piece of shit because of it.

But as I said, these guys aren't gamblers, they don't care about who covers.

Agree mostly with the first point but I think it is naive to think many players aren't aware of the line and prefer to send home crowd home happy. I don't think this was about that though; it was more about a player that doesn't understand the game fully..

Marv Albert had the Spurs btw.. He tried to cover his bias throughout but at the end he let it show IMO with the "Replay, its academic, Finly" comments.. LMAO

Fellas, thanks for the comments. Satyr, I couldn't disasgree with you more. That was a classless thing, and even if I had the Lakers -7.5 I would say that. The only difference is that I'd be cashing a check instead of kissing my sister.

Counselor, I think you miss the big picture here. The Spurs never quit playing until the last five seconds. But by saying the Lakers shoulda got the cash because they were up 11 for one fleeting moment is just plain ridiculous. They were never in position to get the cash for more than 47 minutes of that game. I feel like someone punched me in the gut to have to settle for a push there in a game where I clearly had the right side.

Tee-Dub - I was able to watch the production feed (pirated-feed that the CR cable company just flat steals, I guess, from TNT)... and it didn't sound like Marv or Doug had $$$ on either side - I could hear them talking during commercials. Usually when one of the announcers has a bet, you'll hear them reference it indirectly during the commercials. Kevin Harlan is one of the best when it comes to that - he also cusses up a storm too...

Oh. Also on Detroit -5 -111 tonight for a big bet. Gonna be on the same side as the sharps, suckers, squares, and the world. But I don't see any way that the 'Stones don't take this thing tonight, then go to Boston and finish off business there.

GL...

Counselor, I think you miss the big picture here. The Spurs never quit playing until the last five seconds. But by saying the Lakers shoulda got the cash because they were up 11 for one fleeting moment is just plain ridiculous. They were never in position to get the cash for more than 47 minutes of that game. I feel like someone punched me in the gut to have to settle for a push there in a game where I clearly had the right side...

Not gonna' argue with you b/c I got too much respect for you. All I'm going to say is, up 11 with less than :30 to go, the Laker cover should have never been in doubt (granted, I have a little different perspective b/c I got the 7.5 and bought it to 7, so I had a 4-point cushion, so-to-speak)...

BOL today and the rest of the finals...

And BTW, I want to know what the fuck the difference is to Finley whether he loses by 5 or 8? Seriously, it never made a fucking bit of difference to me EVER how much we lost by when I was playing. Whether it was 1 or 20, it didn't matter. It was a loss, and if fucking sucked for days afterward.

Sorry to clutter up you thread, Rexy...

i wish one of the spurs players grew some balls and decked sasha for taking that shot!! he is not suppose to take that shot. if spurs wanted to foul, they would have fouled and extended the game, but they didnt so they do not need to shoot. if any other player on the court for the lakers had that ball, they would not have shot that.

Basically speaking, Wiz said it right.

Counselor, no problem "cluttering" the thread; it's a good topic of conversation. I agree with "a loss is a loss" - whether by 1 or 20 - in the end.

But once a team has given up and the shot clock is off, there's really no need to salt the wound. Perhaps the Spurs are done - but if not, make no mistake that next year, something like that could come back to haunt the Lakers. That's just bush-league, through and through.

And congrats to you for being on the winning side of a bad bet. GL tonight if you are on Detroit.

Also, Hamilton participated in the shootaround and he's "probable" tonight.

Like the Pistons play tonight Rex :shake:

hope they can go through since I don't want to see the LA/BOSTON finals.

and as far as Sasha goes, I did say that if I were him, I would have waited for the shotclock to run down, THEN shoot.

Yeah it's not fair to shoot when nobody's contesting you, I just said let's be easy on the kid. I mean I'm a long time Spurs fan, and trust me I could be all over him and join in the 'party', but I don't think he meant bad, we should ask him though. He did shoot for nachos, happens to be the cover as well.

it's a shit ass loss, and there are no doubts about that.

get em tonight Rexy :shake:

yep Vuc is sposed to drop the ball or chunk it in the air, but he shot it. it happens all the time. busch league, yes, but it happens. its called the moose.

Rex you really that high on the Stons? I'm surprised. Boston's D stepped up bigtime last game when they made that run to close the half. They didn't let up the rest of the way. Detroit had a hard time getting good looks after that, unless they beat someone off the dribble. I saw a lot of in your face ball guarding, that a slowed Chauncey and a bange up Rip will have trouble with tonight. I hated the Ston's intensity down the stretch last game (save Hunter - who is a freak on the ball). I won't say they won't win and cover tonight but I just can't see them winning this series. GL tonight, as I'll be watchin from the fence.

Back