Concerning Paxton

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
I think he might have a problem pitching tomorrow
If I am seeing this correctly this will be him pitching 3 consecutive games on 4 days rest and he was having real problems in his last game and threw 116 pitches which is one of his highest totals ever. Add the ump Hoyle who at least this year seems an over ump he has never faced. Just how well is he supposed to pitch in this situation?
4 day rest is Not fun for him

Not yet imo. Fatigue will kick in later this month.

Had two weeks off during ASB then 83/105/116 with the last two on 4 days rest, that’s objectively not stressful. He didn’t pitch that well in Houston because a lot of guys don’t pitch that well in Houston.

Paxton struck out a career-high 16 batters against Oakland on May 2, throwing seven shutout innings before the A's rallied against the bullpen and scored two runs in the eighth and one in the ninth in the 3-2 victory. The 16 strikeouts were the most by a Seattle pitcher since Randy Johnson had 19 in 1997. 6 days later, Paxton threw a no-hitter against the Toronto Blue Jays.

Not to mention that Seattle has had no rest for 18 straight and Oakland has had 2 days off recently, Its a better day of week for Seattle but I am thinking Oakland straight and some reverse RL
Bottom line is Oakland is a reasonable play based on the facts and with the secondary facts it can be very rewarding, No large increase in the bet but go for a score

Last edited:
I like Oak and will play a little on the reverse RL

Sea is one of my teams to fade 2nd 1/2

GL

Since last season Paxton 11-3 SU on 4 days rest when he threw more than 99 pitches in his previous start (9-0 SU when the bullpen allowed less than 2 runs).

Not to mention that Seattle has had no rest for 18 straight and Oakland has had 2 days off recently, Its a better day of week for Seattle but I am thinking Oakland straight and some reverse RL
Bottom line is Oakland is a reasonable play based on the facts and with the secondary facts it can be very rewarding, No large increase in the bet but go for a score

agree here

Back