CONCACAF Gold Cup - Wed, 13 June

The Z Machine

OK guys, be gentle with me, it's my first time posting here to CTG.

Results, 13 June:

I like Mexico at -1 and less at -1.5, Mexico won as I said, but didn't get the 2 goal win. -0.5 units

I like the Mexico O2.5 - Nope. -1.0 units

Cuba +0.5 and +1 - Nope, not even close. -1.0 units.

Overall: -2.5 units

Last edited:
Looks good. I have no idea about any of these teams, so can't really add anything, but best of luck!

:cheers:

Thanks bro! Just getting my feet wet again with this. I was rocked by a stretch of Euro2008 qualifiers in Feb that killed about 90% of my bankroll. It was horrible, going 0-10-1 or something.

Any and all comments welcome here.

Welcome to the gig, "Z"...

I've watched all of the group games so far. I have been less than impressed with Mexico. Also, I realize that Guimares won't have Blanco at his disposal but he is tons and tons better coach than Sanchez. That alone gives the Panamanians a shot to get at least one point.

In the other game, Honduras seems like they should take the confidence in beating Mexico and go onto the next round... Cuba has been very competitive, however, as you have correctly pointed out. Should be two very good games to close out group play....

Good stuff...

Yo, "Z", not sure if you watched the game.

Bernie Fallas, who is a tremendous soccer writer for the Houston Chronicle (chron.com), reported that Cuba was dealing with defections and only had 17 players filling their active 18 man roster, if the info I got was right.

Honduras was never threatened and I only wish I had more on them.

In the late game, the better team didn't win. As I had correctly said earlier, Panama would be better prepared. The officials didn't give them a chance. Two yellows sent the first guy off, and an outright red in the 83rd minute had them playing 9-on-11 the last few minutes. They still had numerous opportunities and the Mexican goaltender kept them from playing to a 1-1 draw (and a meeting with the US in the quarters)....

Bad start for me here at CTG. Oh well, at least I got the discussion rolling, which is what I want to get out of this. Hopefully I cna make myself a better handicapper in the process.

I wish I had known about the defections earlier for Cuba. Obviously that's demoralizing for a team, plus they were the dogs too.

Anyway, we got USA-Panana and Canada-Guate coming up on Sat.

Initial lines aren't out yet on Pinny. Anyone got a lead?

BTW, here in Spain, I don't get any feeds for the Gold Cup, and it typically sucks anyway with the time difference.

Back