Colorado Rox are Classy: Will give Postseason payout to Coolbaugh's widow

• Thread starter Thread starter scourge
  • Start date Start date
S

scourge

Rockies to share postseason payout with Coolbaugh's widow

Besides their surprising 14-1 finish to the season, the Colorado Rockies are giving baseball fans another reason to cheer for them this postseason.

The widow of Rockies Double-A coach Mike Coolbaugh, who died after getting hit by a line drive earlier this season, will be granted a full share of the team's playoff winnings after a team vote.

Rockies manager Clint Hurdle said the gesture spoke volumes about the quality of the character in their locker room.

"I was passed on the information that they voted Amanda Coolbaugh a share, a full share, which I found speaks to their awareness, speaks to their passion, speaks to every good thing about them," Hurdle said.

Amanda Coolbaugh, who is 32 and pregnant, won't attend Saturday's Game 3 of the NLDS between the Phillies and Rockies at Coors Field. But her two sons, Joseph, 5, and Jacob, 3, will be in attendance and will throw out the first pitch.

"When I heard about what the players did, I almost cried," Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd said. "This was the players' idea. I think it's remarkable."

thats something else

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear a good story about athletes instead of all the negative that we usually hear.

I will continue to pull for the Rockies, unreal run they are on right now.

Agree with all posts. I have turned into a Rockies fan on the National League side of things. Speaks volumes about the type of players the Rockies have.

Back