Colorado Leaving Pac-12 for Big 12

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
I'm hearing from all sources that Colorado is heading the the Big . Not final yet, but only because they are writing up the final agreements. The decision has already been made.

Lots of people in the know have been saying for months the Big 12 wants Utah, Colorado and the two Arizona schools, but Colorado is the only one to pull the trigger so far.

I think Oregon won't hesitate to leave the Beavers in the blink of an eye

Washington leaving WSU seems a lot more difficult

Gonna fill up quick. I was kinda hoping Tulane could stay hot this year and grab a last chair in the B12. Probably wishful thinking

Lots of rumors the Big 12 only wants one more team and the suits in the conference office want it to be UConn. Makes no sense to me, but the rumors keep coming that the commissioner wants a conference team among the East Coast sprawl (for TV reasons) and thinks UConn is the best bet.

Lots of rumors the Big 12 only wants one more team and the suits in the conference office want it to be UConn. Makes no sense to me, but the rumors keep coming that the commissioner wants a conference team among the East Coast sprawl (for TV reasons) and thinks UConn is the best bet.
If true it holds that they really want to be a basketball conference. And that's one helluva basketball conference. Would be so elite and might be smart to just own one sport instead of trying to compete with football. I've kinda been riding that wagon for a few years now.

Big 12 want Zona, I know that's true. If they decide to go Northeast I'd expect UConn and Cuse to be the targets.

UConn and Colorado make no sense to me without a bigger plan.

If true it holds that they really want to be a basketball conference. And that's one helluva basketball conference. Would be so elite and might be smart to just own one sport instead of trying to compete with football. I've kinda been riding that wagon for a few years now.
Could be their plan, or at least part of their plan, because they made no secret of the fact they had talks for a long time with Gonzaga about joining the conference. The Zags don't even play football so it would have been just for basketball

Made no sense to me and I guess it didn't to Gonzaga either because those talks died

Could be their plan, or at least part of their plan, because they made no secret of the fact they had talks for a long time with Gonzaga about joining the conference. The Zags don't even play football so it would have been just for basketball

Made no sense to me and I guess it didn't to Gonzaga either because those talks died
Zags and SDSU will be big 12. Book that.

So will Arizona and UNLV. That writing is on the wall

It’s already the preeminent basketball conference and it’s not particularly close.

But with the additions they’ve already secured and the other schools they have in their sights it’s only a matter of time before we say ciao to the ACC.

Reactions: KJ
It’s already the preeminent basketball conference and it’s not particularly close.

But with the additions they’ve already secured and the other schools they have in their sights it’s only a matter of time before we say ciao to the ACC.
Being able to tout a team in the Natty helps, perfect timing to make moves

We're going to be seeing some expansion news methinks in the next few days, in general.

What y’all think about the TV deal with Apple? Incentive laden, I.e. subscriptions.

I read it as the TV industry looking at the Pac 12 and taking a pass. No one wanted them so Apple said, "okay, you produce the games and you can put them on our streaming service, but we won't pay anything. It will be up to you to sell enough subscriptions to make a profit."

I can't see many people shelling out money to watch. They lost most of their viewers over the last five by trying to put all the good games on their now dead Pac 12 Network. No one would buy that and now they are trying to sell what they couldn't sell before, but minus USC and UCLA.

Those schools are in a tough spot. There is no good answer when you don't have a team in Southern California. There are as many viewers and athletes in SoCal as the rest of the schools combined and yet they have no team there.

I'd watch their games if they were on a regular TV package, but wouldn't pay anything for them.

Larry Scott really screwed that conference when it came to getting a TV deal. Now they're in a tough spot. Do the remaining 9 try to make a go of it or do we see more bail? Personally, I think the big 12 is fools gold but that may be the only option for Utah and the AZ schools for the time being.

Larry Scott really screwed that conference when it came to getting a TV deal. Now they're in a tough spot. Do the remaining 9 try to make a go of it or do we see more bail? Personally, I think the big 12 is fools gold but that may be the only option for Utah and the AZ schools for the time being.
Is it though? Guy’s name escapes(commissioner )me but he’s survived a shit ton to be nabbing teams back.
I’d have to go back but to lose TAMU, Colorado etc; THEN lose Texas AND Oklahoma…and THEN add Colorado back and maybe get the teams you mentioned?
Not too fucking bad.

I think the fool’s gold is the conference your team is now in my brother.

Is it though? Guy’s name escapes(commissioner )me but he’s survived a shit ton to be nabbing teams back.
I’d have to go back but to lose TAMU, Colorado etc; THEN lose Texas AND Oklahoma…and THEN add Colorado back and maybe get the teams you mentioned?
Not too fucking bad.

Utah could have gone to big 12, they don't want to be locked in to that conference. There will be other options. I have no clue why CU bolted.

They may still go there if they feel it's their only option but I'd only want that if the AZ schools joined them.

I’m sure Utah and their fans, alumni have an affinity for the P12. Would be hard not to.
Not many do believe it or not. I've quit listening to all of the rumors and theories. Nobody really knows what's going on behind the scenes. I'm sure Utah will eventually land elsewhere, I can't see the Pac surviving unless they add one more to the current 9 and wait it out for the two super conference model.

Not too fucking bad.

You’re probably thinking of Bob Bowlsby, who lives in my neighborhood. He got the blame for losing OU and UT, but he did at least react intelligently and start the process that Yormark is now following through on.

For years, Stanford and Cal were the leaders of blocking BYUs inclusion into the Pac 12. Glad tge shoe is on the other foot.
I've always been a fan of nerd unis like NW and Vandy. Not sure why Stanford didn't make the cut but fuck them

For years, Stanford and Cal were the leaders of blocking BYUs inclusion into the Pac 12. Glad tge shoe is on the other foot.
I didn’t know that. That sucks. BYU gets players but that would’ve impacted the school in so many ways financially

I know they do but they coulda gotten more if they were Pac12 affiliated years back no?
Naw they are basically Notre Dame on the down low because Mormoms are more regional than Catholics. Reality is they fuck and suck just like anyone else but have learned how to to keep a different image.

I didn’t know that. That sucks. BYU gets players but that would’ve impacted the school in so many ways financially
The school has more money than they can handle. That being said they do have limits on what the funnel to sports. Look at what they pay their coaches, it's cheap.

The school has more money than they can handle. That being said they do have limits on what the funnel to sports. Look at what they pay their coaches, it's cheap.
Best part of it is when you're around it you know 90% of them play poker, get plowed and smoke like chimneys. The image they portray is exceptionally strong considering how much work goes into keeping it on the down low.

Best part of it is when you're around it you know 90% of them play poker, get plowed and smoke like chimneys. The image they portray is exceptionally strong considering how much work goes into keeping it on the down low.
When I was in high school some girls that graduated the year before us invited us to a rager in the BYU dorms.

That being said I bet 80% of the student body is on the straight and narrow. Men's football is probably 50/50.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
When I was in high school some girls that graduated the year before us invited us to a rager in the BYU dorms.

That being said I bet 80% of the student body is on the straight and narrow. Men's football is probably 50/50.
I'll never forget the punky QB known as McMahon

My first job in AZ, closed up and went to my buddy's car and there was his Mormon gal lifting her face up when I knocked on the car door. Massive O face, felt bad because I likely interrupted an incredible BJ

They pull in some hot wives for having those receding hair lines.
It’s really quite unbelievable. I met a dermatologist from Vegas and he and his wife had 4 daughters.
The wife and the daughters were all fine AF, great skin too.

Back