T

The Capping Genius

NCAAF Season 25-13

Thursday

TCU -3 (1u) @ Texas Tech

Arkansas State -7 (1u) vs Troy

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday

Air Force +24 (1u) vs Boise. No longer is Boise the best team in the conference. Air Force was crushed by Utah State but they should hang around all day in Boise. The Utah State Aggies are for real and I will likely be on them when they play USC next week.
As for AF - the last time these two played Kellen Moore was the QB for the Broncos. AF lost 37-26. The beating that Boise took in Washington was no fluke, as they allowed 5yds per rush. All AF does is run and they usually master it against teams that can't stop the run. I expect a close one again.

Saturday Noon-3pm

Rutgers -27.5 (2u) vs Eastern Michigan
Rutgers scored 51 points in their loss to Fresno State in opening week. They did shut down the Fresno run game, but were torched for 470 yds passing. While the Scarlet Knights had over 500 yds themselves offensively, they lost the game on a 2 pt try in overtime that failed. EM was demolished by PSU and showed little offense in totals yards of only 183 while allowing 574. This game appears that EM is going from the frying pan into the fire, as Rutgers surely wont allow 52 points to a team that has little offense and could easily put up 50 again themselves in this home game. While EM was a 28pt dog @ PSU, this number is still too small for a EM cover. Arkansas is on deck for Rutgers, but they should play the whole game to keep their tools sharpened for the Razorbacks..

Virginia Tech -7 (3u)
vs E.Carolina
Pirates are much better than a year ago with new QB Carden, but looking at how VT shut down Alabama, in week one's loss 35-13, this game will be a lot different. VT was strong enough (although they allowed 35 points) to hold Bama to 206 total yards of offense. If EC can bring a better attack, then they can have this one. I think that VT was out-of-their-element against Bama and will start playing like they are capable of playing against more common opponents. While Conference USA is no longer a weak conference, like years in the past, in this game they are the team likely to be out-of-their element in this one today. VT has 5th best defense in the country. This shouldn't be close at all.

UL Monroe +2.5 (1u) vs Wake Forest
ULM hung with Oklahoma in first half and could be in for a win today against a WF team that was buried by a BC team that isn't as good as ULM . Great day for a dog win.

UCLA+5.5 (4u)
@ Nebraska.
Over 70 (2U)
Getting points with a QB who is in the top 5 in the country gives me a chance for a SU win, or even on a bad day, a back door cover. I can't see where the Huskers ever are up my more than a TD at any time, and if UCLA gets out front, they wont be coasting. It will be attack, attack and more attack.
I don't think Neb has enough quick striking ability. When they get behind, catching up is going to be tough. If they become predictable on offense and try running a lot, they will end up getting blown out. West coast boys will show offensive speed that the Huskers couldn't stop LY, and now have only 4 returning defensive starters from that group.. Remember the huge losses to Ohio State and Wisconsin where the Huskers allowed 70 and 63 points to them. This UCLA offense is better now than the Badgers and Buckeyes were then.

USC -13.5 (3u) vs Boston College. Stop unit for USC is the best in the country allowing less than 1 yd per carry. USC held Washington State to 7 yds on 22 attempts (0.3 yds per carry).
BC doesn't run well enough to create long drives and will be forced to pass. QB will find that USC defense will pressure him all day. Trojans should win this easily.

3:30pm
Alabama -7 (4u)
vs Texas A&M.
This game is lined A&M (+7) as if the win last year by A&M (+13 LY) was evidently an indicator that they would be even better this season. LY the Aggies played with a better defense than what they are bringing to this game at home.

Bama is perceived lighter on defense with so many players going to the NFL, but they are deep with talented players who had plenty of spot play LY in blow out games. The troubling part of playing Bama, is that in their win this year over VT, they only totaled 206 yds on offense.

A year ago when they lost at home to A&M, they rolled up 430+ yards in a loss. The VT defense could actually be better than the A&M defense right now, but with the first 2 A&M games against weak teams, it is to hard to tell at this point.

I do feel that A&M won't stop the run. I also know that last year in the A&M loss to LSU, Football Johnny was picked three times. He could find that he isn't going to be on the field as much as a year ago, with this depleted defense that A&M now has. If that ends up being a fact, he will try to push the ball up in bad spots and could end up getting picked often.

Another indicator in losing to LSU, was that the LSU QB Mettenberger only passed for 97 yds. LSU ran the ball to win a 24-19 game.
There is a lot of attention to Football Johhny, and maybe too much. He is a good player but he can't win this game alone and he doesn't play defense. If he scores more than 30 at home then Bama will have to put it into overdrive and roll up 40 or more. I think that they will do it based on the loss of defensive starters for Texas A&M. Sam Houstin State ran for over 240 yards and managed to put up 28 points on the Aggies. If that defense shows up for this game, A&M is in trouble.

7-11PM

Ohio State -15.5 (2u) @ California. The Buckeyes are going to have to wait to see if QB Miller is ready, as he is far better at qb than Giuton. If Miller can't go, the Buckeyes can still score with Giuten, but this game should be won by the OSU defense against a Cal team that has few talented players.

Cal was self destructive against NW as they were picked for 2 int's that were returned for touchdowns. NW is not known for defense like the Buckeyes and Cal will find it more difficult to get down field against them. Cal did have 30 first downs in the loss and appears that they could move the ball, but not against the Buckeyes.

Mississippi +3 (2u) vs Texas.
In a stunning performance against BYU, the Longhorns allowed nearly 700 totals yards at home. Something is very wrong with the program in the Lone Star state.
Miss played a good game against a very under rated Vandy team that showed they can score. They were able to put up 489 yards and had a good completion rate hitting 31-47 for 283 yards in the air.
Texas allowed over 500 rushing yds to BYU. <thats not="" a="" misprint,="" and="" there="" is="" no="" way="" they="" fix="" everything="" quick="" enough="" to="" win="" this="" game.="" mack="" brown="" fired="" defensive="" caoch="" after="" the="" embarrassing="" loss="" but="" he="" should="" fire="" himself="" loss.=""
Miss has revenge today after Texas put up 66 pts on them LY. The way Texas is running right now, its the Rebels turn to pay them back.

Vanderbilt +14 (1u) vs S. Carolina.
In the last six years SC has failed to put up more than 21 points against Vandy. If the Dores are half as productive as they were in the Mississippi loss they should get the money in this one.</thats>

OHIO +8 (1u) vs Marshall.

Utah -3 (1u) vs Oregon State

capping that tcu bet looks good I took TEXAS TECH but I think you have the right bet. TEXAS TECH has a freshmen QB BOL

capping that tcu bet looks good I took TEXAS TECH but I think you have the right bet. TEXAS TECH has a freshmen QB BOL
Yeah. Watch for TCU and the sacks on TT. TT qb was buried four times @SMU. If TCU gets to him that could lead to turnovers.
GL this week.

health Tcu and BOL on the rest...love Bama, Ucla will likely be on my card and lean Ark St :shake:

Nice takes.

With you on TCU tonight. No idea on Troy - Ark St, anything you can share?

Nice takes.

With you on TCU tonight. No idea on Troy - Ark St, anything you can share?

TCU was terrible as wwas TT. Looking ahead to few more Saturday plays. Added some and will add more later

Back