College Plays

lvmike32

Pretty much a regular
Mainly lurk and read/follow those I respect here and at the other site and then make some plays. Not a capper. Did real well last year in College and Pro with Futures (had OSU to win BCS at 26-1, Indy in Pro to win their Division at low juice, had Mariotta at around +500 for Heisman (after week 2 or 3), and some others. Only lost Phily in pro to win their division and was able to hedge out on Dallas to lose just a little. But I don't see anything at all that I like this year. Did play these two RSW from College:

Stanford U9 -115

UCLA U9 -120

Played both at 5u max with local on credit. Thinking is pretty basic - that the Pac 12 teams will beat each other up. I see UCLA working in a new QB and I think Stanford has been in slow steady decline since Harbaugh left. they have to go 10-2 for me to lose and I just don't see it. Even the bottom feeders like Cal, Wash St., and Col are getting to the point where they might be able to spring an upset. And they play each other. Just see 1-1 at worst with loss of juice and good chance for 2-0 or 1-0-1.

Had played KC in pro O8.5 at -115 after reading a thread here but jumped off last night at same price as their schedule just looks extremely difficult to me.

Always love to read any thoughts. thanks

I agree regarding the PAC 12. I agree regarding UCLA and Stanford specifically. I know I'm in the minority but I do not think Stanford is going to be all that good this year. I may have half a unit on Northwestern ML in week 1 actually.

Agree on Chiefs too and played it myself

eventually, yes. but that's one of the reasons i'm down. rosen ain't gonna have it handled just yet. home/road splits are bad, and i don't think mora is a good coach. great recruiter, but the talent hasn't developed enough for me (ptsd from mack brown era).

I think they run about 8 plays. that can be good or that can be bad, depending on the opponent. It's bad against Stanford, which is why they're 0-4 against em in the last three years. It's been good against dumb teams like Nebraska and USC. It's probably a good thing with a true frosh QB.

good point, they're usually a pretty disciplined defense which is what you need against em.

UCLA is loaded this year. Assuming either QB isn't a dumpster fire they should challenge Oregon for the Pac 12 title. 2 soft games to get the QB's feet wet (Rosen I suspect will start) and then a home game vs BYU and a tough road test at Arizona.

rosens been on campus since january fwiw.

the biggest difference will be tom bradley at D coordinator. massive upgrade over ulbrich in terms of scheme and philosophy. defense is going to be lights out.

thanks guys. Feeling a tad less confident about these unders based on AZ performance tonight. Looks like their D will be lousy and they won't be tough as an out as I'd hoped. Long season though.

Back