• Thread starter Thread starter The Capping Genius
  • Start date Start date
T

The Capping Genius

NCAA Season Sides 33-17
Totals 0-1

Thursday

Clemson-13.5 (1u) vs N.C. State
Is NC State really anywhere near as good as last year after losing 12 starters including the starting QB? How much is home field going to help this team against Heisman candidate QB Tahj Boyd of Clemson?
Last year Clemson was -15 at home and beat NC State 62-48. This one was lined at 14 (now 13.5) and is at NC State. To make this number a bit more revealing, Clemson was favored at South Carolina by 6.5 and lost SU 17-27 to the Gamecocks LY. Clemson then went to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl and beat LSU SU as a three point dog.

I believe that NC State is looking for payback, but even at home may not be able to stay in this at such an early point in the season, LW against Richmond, they were not impressive in a 23-21 win in which they had 4 turnovers. Richmond qb Strauss had 300 yards passing, If Strauss can have that kind of day, then Boyd could pass for 500 or more.
My only question is will Clemson play 60 full minutes? Also they beat Georgia in week one but allowed 545 yds while only totaling 467 themselves.
This comes down to being able to run the ball and if NC State can't, they will fail in the passing game. I'll play on the Heisman candidate and hope they win the turnover battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
had the playr

Friday

Fresno -4 (3u) vs Boise.
Boise was shooting down AF last week but still didn't cover. I don't believe they have any chance of winning this game. LY Fresno was a 4-3 team that went into Boise who was 5-1. Boise was ranked #24 then and Fresno wasn't considered a serious competitor. Fresno lost 20-10 but the game was much closer than the score,
Fresno had a one dimension attack through the air for 266 yds and only ran for 56 yds. Boise ran for 256 and passed for 120,

Tonight the Bulldogs have revenge and have the players to get it done. Most of that defense that held Boise at home to 20 points are back for this game. Boise struggled against the divisions better teams ly and should find beating them this year will be much more difficult. I expect Boise to also struggle with BYU, Utah State and SDSU. You will see me fading Boise in most, if not all of those games coming up.
Boise qb Southwick looked real solid lw against AF in completing a record setting percentage against the Falcons. Tonight, he will find that the Bulldog defense is playing at a whole different level.

Saturday
Noon-3PM

Pitt-3.5 (1u) vs Duke
North Carolina +6.5 vs Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech -8 (1u) vs Marshall

3:30 - 7pm

West Virginia +5
vs Maryland
Utah State +7 vs USC
Rutgers -1.5 vs Arkansas
Memphis +4 vs Arky State

7:30 -11pm

SDSU +9 vs Oregon State
Utah +7 vs BYU
UCLA-31.5 vs New Mexico State

Yes I know they lost. Got the home and away factor messed up in the write up.:shake:

Saturday
Noon-3PM

Pitt-3.5 (1u) vs Duke
North Carolina +6.5 vs Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech -8 (1u) vs Marshall

3:30 - 7pm

West Virginia +5
vs Maryland
Utah State +7 vs USC
Rutgers -1.5 vs Arkansas
Memphis +4 vs Arky State

7:30 -11pm

SDSU +9 vs Oregon State
Utah +7 vs BYU
UCLA-41.5 vs New Mexico State
Line was posted incorrect at 31.5 in window above.

Finished week at 6-5-1

Season 39-22

Back