College Football's Top 4 Teams

Blue_Chip

Money Addict
IMO,

1. LSU
2. OU
3. USC
4. UF

Regardless of how you rank them, I think this should be the consensus top four.

I want to get the forum's opinion, rank these four teams...

Agree with the teams and the order. G-Man, gotta disagree with you on this one. My opinion, there's no way they run the table ONLY because of their QB...he's horrible! Their defense is top 5 for sure but I think that will only get them so far. Badgers beat them.

florida does not belong in that group.

also, I know LSU and OU have been hella impressive, but don't doubt SC

florida does not belong in that group.

also, I know LSU and OU have been hella impressive, but don't doubt SC

If not Florida, then who? Also, I am not doubting USC, but voters should not be afraid to change their rankings early in the season, and thus far, USC has shown only a 38-10 win against Idaho. USC has a ton of talent, but I can see them having trouble getting it to work as a unit on the field.

Quick thoughts..

USC - I don't read anything into the Idaho game. Neb game will be telling.
LSU - Just barely behind USC for me. Definitely a gap between 2 and 3.
OU - Impressive to say the least, but want to see them on the road
FLA - If WVU could play D, then they would be here instead of Gators

If not Florida, then who? Also, I am not doubting USC, but voters should not be afraid to change their rankings early in the season, and thus far, USC has shown only a 38-10 win against Idaho. USC has a ton of talent, but I can see them having trouble getting it to work as a unit on the field.

I see USC, LSU and OU as a distinct top 3. I don't think anyone else belongs close to those teams.

LSU
OU

Top two. Slight gap after. Then USC. USC can def move right up there though after some fine tuning

#4 Appy St ;)

agree with not just the top 3 but with florida as well. if ou lsu and usc all go undefeated i think ou gets screwed.

Be sure to post your top 10 in the CTG Top 10 Composite Poll!

Here's my top 10 and comments:

1. LSU
2. USC
3. OU
4. WVU
5. Florida
6. Rutgers
7. Texas
8. Cal
9. Penn State
10. Oregon

USC is only this high really on reputation and expectations. I did not see much at all against Idaho and we will really see how good they are against Nebraska this week.

My national championship matchup right now is LSU v. OU, but that assumes LSU escapes the SEC undefeated. As we all know, no matter how good a team is that SEC schedule can crush all hopes and all teams seem to have a great deal of parity.

I actually made Rutgers my #5 team before making some adjustments. I am very impressed by the speed on both sides of the ball and Teel has improved so much (at least against bad pass defenses of Buffalo and Navy). But due to Big East reputation and conference strengths, I downgraded them.

Cal, Texas, Rutgers, and Florida are all about the same, but I'll give a slight edge to Florida and Rutgers. Texas needs to show me a good 60 minutes of football to climb. Rutgers needs to play a good opponent (although Navy is close). Florida and Cal both have relied on their offense to win games so far and the defenses are suspect. We'll see if Florida's young D can handle Tennessee this week (I think they can).

I disagree with Penn St needing to be there. That offense still needs some work when they make Notre Dame's defense look almost competent for a half...

I agree completely Red. PSU's offense needs help and Morelli is still average to above average at best (a la Cox at Auburn).

Still, I think they're the best in the Big 10 right now.

Agree with most above...

As of now its USC-LSU-Oky...then the rest

LSU if they could run the table is playing a home game for the national championship

USC is far better than that boring performance vs. Idaho

Oklahoma is really starting to impress me

LSU
USC
OU
UF
PSU

And PSU is clinging to coat tails there. There is so much talent on the LSU, USC, Oklahoma and UF squads, it's not even funny.

Back