banana096.gif
party0010.gif

wavetowel2.gif
CFB 2007
(32-31)
wavetowel2.gif

UNITS (1.7) based on 1 and 2 unit plays
MattMan_foshizzle.gif

Games that I post the night before, usually will use stats prior to that night's games. I do take into effect(in my thougth process) what transpired that night.

onto some thoughts....
TAMU + 8 UNDER 50 (1.2-1)

Oklahoma -22 (1.65-1.5)

Texas Tech -6 (1.1-1)

Navy -11 (1.1-1)

Kentucky +7 (1.1-1)

UCLA -6.5 (2.2-2)

Wisky -7 (2.4-2)

Toledo +4.5 (1.2-1)

Akron +4 (1.2-1)

AKRON/KENT STATE UNDER 46.5 (2.2-2) Florida -23 (1.1-1)

ECU +24.5 (1.1-1)

Bama -3 (1.2-1)

Ohio State -13 1h (.33-.3)

Houston -6.5 (1.2-1)

Michigan State -10
(1.1-1)

Last edited:
Well last Saturday kinda sucked. I feel that I lost a very positive day by a couple of breaks...Indiana scoring a meaningless TD with :51 left to cover, and so on...One good thing is that I forgot to put a teaser in(that I posted on here). I wrote it in the middle of my card and must have overlooked it when I was booking my plays. With that being said, I did post it on my record (since I did believe that was a winner and it was posted as a play for me).

Ohio State/ Washington- This game went exactly how I expected it to go. The depth of Ohio State really wore on this Washington team. Ohio State was faster, as speed played a big role in this game. Ohio State kept Locher contained throughout the game. I know that he had 100+ on the ground but he never had that "huge" run. OSU planned to attack him from the outside, and completely shut down this Washington offense.

I am very pleased on this OSU team responded to a tough road test. The defense looked good and Chris Wells (who everyone was ready to cut a week ago) had some very nice runs. His strength/speed combo should strike fear in opposing defenses. The line finally started to gel and played well... Brandon Saine (said to be on of the, if not the, fastest player in the Big 10) showed a burst on that last play of the game. He is a true Freshmen and will be fun to watch.

Notre Dame/scUM- Wow what is there to say in this one? Michigan followed the lead of Ga Tech and PSU and walloped this wounded team. God I love this. Steering away from ND, I look at this Michigan team- Could this win/ blow out jump start there season? I think the answer is yes, to this question. I think they are a live dog this week at home. The ND win, will get the fans back on board, and ready to go in the Big 10. I think Michigan puts on a show this week and not only covers against PSU but beats them by a TD...do not really have stats to back up BUT just a feeling...

USC/Nebraska- Speed is the most overused term in college football the last few years but DAMN!! USC's fullback was running away from the Nebraska secondary. He is supposed to block for others to spring loose, not spring loose by himself! They are VERY VERY good. At the same time, I think that Nebraska is in the same boat as last year. They are a good team that will lose games they should and beat up on teams they should beat. USC, on the other hand, has a tough road ahead of them. I just do not see them winning at Washington, at Oregon, and at CAL. I think they get a loss between these three. They also have to go to Notre Dame (cant wait for that line lol) and at Arizona State.

THIS WEEK?
I like Michigan a lot but I am not sure if I will play them. It is more a hunch than a statistical play.

Akron/Kent- This is a very important game in MAC play. I will attend the game and support the Zips. The line is Kent -3.5 right now... Akron has traditionally dominated this rivalry BUT got blown out at KENT a year ago. I am leaning towards Akron right now, but I think that the total will be a better play.

Illinois/ Indiana- If this total is below 60, I will love it. Right now, I am leaning toward Indiana (still a lot to be looked at though). Indiana's passing attack will be too much for this Illinois defense. Can Indiana stop Illinois? That remains to be seen. Though I like the home dog, like the Akron game, the total might be the best play...

Duke Navy- Wait a minute! Duke wins their first game in 36 years and all of a sudden they are only getting 10 on the road? Right now I like Navy a lot in this one. Navy should be able to get healthy here...

Miami/Colorado- I think this is a tough spot for Miami. They have to travel a long way to play in a tough stadium...So far they beat Ball State, lost to Minnesota in OT, and got thrashed bu Cinci. I can see Colorado taking out frustrations of a 1-2 start on this Miami team...looking at Colorado to cover the 2 TDs...

Washington/UCLA- Wow this line is a lot lower than I thought it would be. Both of these teams got exposed big time in week 3. Both teams have shown improvement, but have also showed they are not ready to take that next step. I did not see the UCLA game but talking to people it seemed that what could go wrong did go wrong. Washington played a strong half before ultimately falling to the Buckeyes. What would this line be like if Washington beat Ohio State? PK? Both teams have to realize that this is a new season (conference games). I think UCLA rolls big in this game.

Alabama/Georgia- Both of these teams are surprising people for different reasons. Bama has started fast and everything is great in Nick Saban land. Georgia has struggled mightily in all of their games... I will stay away from this game....

Notre Dame/ MSU- This line is sitting just under a TD right now at 13.5 At first, I looked at this game and was like there is no way I am touching MSU for awhile. Giving up 2 TDs on the road to ND? Then I start think about the joke of a team that ND has...hmmm tough spot IMO... I think Notre Dame will move the ball and score some points in this one...Thinking a lot of points to be laying with MSU...will wait for the total...

Iowa State/Toledo- Toledo is a home dog to ISU? What am I missing here? ISU beats a Iowa team that has struggled mightily and now the are road favorites? Toledo should put up a ton of points in this one...Like Toledo to roll here....

UNC/USF- Wow USF is giving up 2 TDs to an ACC team... I think USF cruises here but will have to look into North Carolina's teams a little more...

Kentucky/Arkansas- I cant wait for this total to hit the books. This should be a very high scoring affair...No strong feelings on the side. I would normally expect a let down for Kentucky. They are coming off a big in state rivalry win. Arkansas is coming off a close loss on the road...Can Arkansas get healthy at home, while UK has a let down? Leaning Arkansas now...lol

Texas/RICE- Texas will eventually snap out of it (wouldn't you think?). Rice is god awful...Texas should win this one by 50

LSU/ South Carolina- That is a lot of points BUT LSU is very capable of covering this line. I am going to sit back and think about this one...

Iowa/ Wisky- You are joking right? Wisky is only giving a TD to Iowa who has been beat up throughout the year? They beat NIU 16-3, Cuse 35-0, and just lost, to who I thought was a bottom feeder this year. I do not care if that was a "rivalry" game- you do not lose that game unless if John Cooper is your coach!

Arkansas State/ Tennessee - You would think that Tennessee would put a show on for their home crowd after losing 2 early games. I find it very hard to take 18 points with this Arkansas State team. It is either Tennessee or nothing IMO...

will post some plays later...

Last edited:
Locked some plays in

Oklahoma -22 (1.65-1.5)

Navy -11 (1.1-1)

UCLA -6.5 (2.2-2)

Wisky -7 (2.4-2)

Toledo +4.5 (1.2-1)

Akron +4 (1.2-1)

UA's Jackson takes over as QB
Coach says position his to keep, given right decisions

By David Lee Morgan Jr. Beacon Journal sportswriter
Published on Monday, Sep 17, 2007

What I saw Saturday during the University of Akron's 41-24 loss at Indiana

After watching sophomore quarterback Carlton Jackson come off the bench in the second quarter in place of Chris Jacquemain, it became apparent he was about to take over the starting job.
Jackson's mobility, along with his passing, gave UA's offense an added dimension, and for as much trouble as the Zips (1-2) had containing Indiana quarterback Kellen Lewis (he rushed for a career-high 199 yards), the Hoosiers had a similarly tough time containing Jackson. He led Akron with 71 yards rushing and a touchdown and was 15-of-21 passing for 200 yards and two touchdowns. Behind him, the Zips put together their best offensive output of the season with 370 total yards.

UA coach J.D. Brookhart said at his weekly news conference Monday that Jackson would start Saturday at the Rubber Bowl against rival Kent State (2-1) and said he wasn't concerned about making the switch heading into such a crucial game.

Jacquemain will get a series in the second quarter. That's the same opportunity Jackson received when he was the backup.
''We were much more aggressive (offensively) against Indiana than we were against Ohio State,'' Brookhart said. ''We had different play-calling from a week before and it made a big difference.''

During preseason camp, the competition between Jacquemain and Jackson was tight, with Jacquemain eventually getting the edge because he committed fewer mistakes. Right now, the job is Jackson's to keep, as long as he makes the right decisions and doesn't try to do too much because of his athleticism, Brookhart said.

''As we went through the fall, Chris proved to be the better de cision-maker. He was steady and called all the plays correctly, so we felt comfortable going with him,'' Brookhart said. ''Carlton came in against Army and did a decent job, and if you take Ohio State out of the picture, he came in against Indiana in his first drive and did a nice job. So what we saw were the things we weren't able to evaluate with him (in practice): his ability to improvise and make things happen.''

Senior rover John Mackey (Walsh Jesuit) had his third outstanding game. He leads the team in tackles with 28 total stops and is 11th in the Mid-American Conference, averaging 9.3 tackles a game.

Against Indiana, Mackey registered 13 solo tackles, one short of his career high, and was named the Mid-American Conference East Division defensive player of the week.

Overall, however, the defensive unit looked worn down by the end of the day against the Hoosiers. That's understandable, since the defenders chased Lewis, this week's Big Ten player of the week, all game.
''We had some good athletes that he beat,'' Brookhart said of Lewis. ''I thought he was a pretty special kid. He immediately reminded me of Michael Vick in many ways with the ball in his hand.''

Competing against a running quarterback like Lewis should help when the Zips face the Golden Flashes and their quarterback, Julian Edelman. He rushed for 81 yards and a touchdown and threw for 305 yards in last year's 37-15 win against the Zips at Dix Stadium.

''Last year, I have to admit, we were kind of surprised because he caught us off balance,'' UA defensive back Davanzo Tate said Monday about Edelman. ''We were surprised with his mobility. This year, we can't be surprised with anything he does. We have to be ready for anything.''
Even after the challenges of facing Big Ten teams Ohio State and Indians in back-to-back weeks, the Zips are ranked No. 2 in the MAC in total defense, allowing 360 yards a game.

The No. 1 team? Kent State at 327 yards a game.

<HR color=#cccccc SIZE=1>

This will be a major improvement IMO....He is fast and athletic as hell...I think this game also will stay under 40, so I will pound the under with anything close to that!

I love this card so far..

I have two locked in so far and they are UCLA and Wisky...

When I saw those two lines my jawed dropped....I cannot see how either of these teams (Washington and Iowa) will compete in the games. Wisconsin is a very tough place to play. Factor that in with the fact that they are a much better team and it is a night game?!?! I am upset that I did not get that UCLA at 5.5. I was playing cards when I saw it and forgot to book it Sunday night. I am still loving anything under a TD....

I should have got that Navy at 10 but I messed around with that also!...ugh

I actually like Navy alot too...but check out their injuries..

The QB went out last week ...they lost another LB..after losing two in the Rutgers game..

the injuries are starting to mount..

That said, they had 521 yds rushing last week, third most in school history..lol...

Bad spot for duke. Rarely do i say a crappy ass team is in a bad spot but it applies here. Duke just ended the longest losing streak in the country on the road at nowrthwestern. You know they partied. And now they have to prepare for the option where they will need to be focused. They then have to hit the road again and go to annapolis. Navy on the other hand has just given away their last home game to ball state , a game they should have won. They also gave away the rutgers game with two interceptions in the end zone ... actually played pretty even with the skarlet knights. Should be a very hungry football team. Welcome to the wood shed.

Aside from UCLA, I like your card bro. With you on OU and Toledo.

Why is it you like UCLA so much? For starters, Olsen has looked like crap the first three weeks of the season, and UCLA has struggled to establish their ground game (Stanford game has skewed the stats). If you asked me who I'd rather take as a QB (or who I'd rather lay my money on), it would be Locker, without question.

The tOSU/Washington game was closer than the scoreboard indicated. It was essentially a 27-14 ballgame. You have to give the Huskies credit, as they played a very good tOSU team down to the wire. I watched every minute of the UCLA/Utah game last Saturday...and the Bruins SUCK. Olsen threw 3 horrible INTs, and the Bruin defense couldn't stop the run, or the pass of a battered Ute team.

UCLA is way too unpredictable in how they'll perform, week in and week out, and Locker adds a new dimension which UCLA must defend against.

Just some food for thought. GL this week!

thanks guys- will respond later...just wanted to add

AKRON/KENT STATE UNDER 46.5 (2.2-2)

amazed that this total is so high...top 2 statistical defenses in the MAC

I know Iowa State is weak, but I see nothing to like in Toledo. Tell me.
Otherwise, I find us in agreement.
GL

I saw up above you kind of like michigan. The only edge i can see in that game for michigan is that they their QB, RB, and possibly O-Line is better other than that i have trouble seeing michigan being able to move that ball as they did on Notre Dame.

Texas and Navy look like free money to me. But I'd be retired if all my "free money" games had come through in my lifetime!

lol 521 yards....That is crazy...Are all of those players out for sure this week?

Vegaskyle- good post...thanks...U agree completely with your assessment of this game. One thing that scares me is the QB situation(as Jump noted). You remember last year when the offense was rolling and then all of a sudden the starting QB got inured? They brought in someone new and the offense went to shits. Now it will be better that they have a week to prepare but asfhnw2j2trner3jn did a good job running this offense....

Aztec- I mostly agree with what BAR wrote in his thread. UCLA, though unpredictable, should roll here. It is a PAC 10 game for starters. Last week's loss to Utah means nothing here. Also, that loss seemed as "what can go wrong will go wrong" type game. I disagree about the OSU/Washington score being misleading. Yes, OSU had the crap TD to finish the game but Washington had a crap TD on their last possession also. OSU went to a typical cover 2 and let Washington march down the field. OSU dominated the second half of that game and beat up a team with not a lot of depth. Speed had a lot to do with that game and I think that UCLA will use speed to their advantage here...thanks and BOL this weekend

bull- This is more of a pure Iowa State fade. They lost at home in back to back games to Kent State and Northern Iowa. That Kent State game was a joke how Kent dominated the game. Kent out passed them 161-148 and out rushed them 202-158. Now I know those stats are not crazy BUT Kent also turned the ball over 3 times inside the red zone. This 2 score win could have easily been a blowout. I throw that Iowa game out as an out-lier. Toledo is 0-3 but has played some decent opponents. I know their defense is bad but it should be ok against this Iowa State team...Like I said this is just a fade of Iowa State (not many stats to help my cause)..>BOL this week

counselor:cheers::36_11_6:

Frankie- Yeah, I do not see a huge advantage either- that is why I am not making a play here. There is just something that tells me that UM will win this game in convincing fashion...lol not sure

Bettherent- aint that the truth lol...bol

Wisky scares me. I havent seen any dominating play that they were supposed to have, out on the field all year?

I may be against them here. Regardless, though GL on all the plays.

thanks- YesSir. Good reasoning. Also bad situation for IU, going on the road after big rivalry win they didn't expect (?) and Toledo looking for revenge after last year's 3ot heartbraker in Ames. I just can't see anything to like in Toledo. or just about the whole MC this year.
GL

Wisky scares me. I havent seen any dominating play that they were supposed to have, out on the field all year?

I may be against them here. Regardless, though GL on all the plays.

I agree completely that they have not dominated anyone, thats why I like this line. I think that the line over-reflects their early struggles...Iowa has no chance to contend in a hostile environment at night IMO....thanks and GL to you:cheers:

thanks- YesSir. Good reasoning. Also bad situation for IU, going on the road after big rivalry win they didn't expect (?) and Toledo looking for revenge after last year's 3ot heartbraker in Ames. I just can't see anything to like in Toledo. or just about the whole MC this year.
GL

I know my reasoning was kind of mixed around but Yes the ISU coming off the big win (they were not supposed to win) in a rivalry game is huge. I expect a let down here. Overall, I think the MAC will be decent and competitive this year. Some of the teams beat teams from BCS conferences. There is a lot of depth in the MAC IMO....BOL this week:cheers:

lol 521 yards....That is crazy...Are all of those players out for sure this week?

Vegaskyle- good post...thanks...U agree completely with your assessment of this game. One thing that scares me is the QB situation(as Jump noted). You remember last year when the offense was rolling and then all of a sudden the starting QB got inured? They brought in someone new and the offense went to shits. Now it will be better that they have a week to prepare but asfhnw2j2trner3jn did a good job running this offense....

NAVY
LB Clint Sovie - out year (ankle)
FS Jeff Deliz - out year (ankle)
QB Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada - expected to play vs Duke
LB Irv Spencer - expected to play vs Duke (ankle)

An interesting thing about that UM game. A trend that i noticed, i mean it may just be my fortunate luck that i am only noticing specific games, but here it goes. When nationally touted teams such as PSU play poorly the week before the very next week they come out swinging. I think it may be a case of they are looking ahead a little bit because these players are still kids at heart and can't be expected to have the focus of NFL players.

A case was just last weekend when OSU went to Washington. Many were saying that giving 5 turnovers to Akron was a precurser for a failure at washington, which would be true if in fact they would commit those types of number at washington. But, the opposite happened the QB checked down and didn't take uncalculated risks. OSU played well and if it wasn't there on 3rd and 8 then they would check the play down pick up 4 and punt. They would make the washington offense beat their dynamite defense.

I think we are going to see the same case here at Michigan. I mean i am using other means than just that reasoning but, it is a nice little trend i have been noticing.

BOL this weekend.

Back