College Bowl Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

These types of threads have been doing wonders for many of us over at the College Hoops as well as the NBA forum. Thought it couldnt hurt if we started one here to listen to each others thoughts and have some nice discussion about the most exciting time for a football fan. 2 straight weeks of college football every day of the week.

LSU opened up at 3. Already up to 5.5
Va Tech opened at PK. Up to 3
Georgia opened at 6.5 I believe. Up to 10
USC at -14.
Oklahoma at 6.5

LSU is about right, although I might even reverse it, but I might change my mind about this game later on...

Georgia is losing value, although I think they do dominate UH. Interested to see a total on that game...

USC is high, IMO, but in the same breath I could see a USC whoopin', too...

No feel for VT or OU, yet...

I sure lean OU. OU will be the best and fastest D that WV has ever seen. I don't think OU has any problems scoring on WV's D.

Illinois has the speed to compete with USC. Yet, I don't know if they have the talent. Although, I think that line is a tad high for a team that has a running game like the Illini.

Last edited:
Im hoping for a Wisconsin/Tenny line at anything under 3. Would hit Wisconsin hard there. They will finally be fully healthy. PJ Hill will be 100 percent.

I'd take wisky too signal..they are a good bowl team.

Who thinks OU's speed on defense is going to be too much for WVU?

Hawaii will stay in it..they will throw every down obviously and have three great receivers..weather will be non factor obviously.

I love Kansas..I think the balance on O will be enough to offset vtech, and Kansas struggles against good passing teams, they will do enough to stop the legs of taylor and the arm of glennon to win a close one.

I'd take wisky too signal..they are a good bowl team.

Who thinks OU's speed on defense is going to be too much for WVU?

Hawaii will stay in it..they will throw every down obviously and have three great receivers..weather will be non factor obviously.

I love Kansas..I think the balance on O will be enough to offset vtech, and Kansas struggles against good passing teams, they will do enough to stop the legs of taylor and the arm of glennon to win a close one.

Agree on this one. It looks like Slaton has totally packed it in for the season. I have no idea what hapened to this guy. He has to be in RR's dog house or someting. How is he getting under 10 carries a game. OU will play that agressive style and will defintly be able to contain White from breaking that long one. I can see Murray/ Patrick having a big day on the ground.

C'mon already with the lines.

last year selection show was at like 5-6 eastern and the rest of lines came out from 9-10 PM..I know you member Hunt

So this year....show is at 8 pm est...so why are they not out yet

weird

BAR..terry foster's blog says brian kelly is next to get interviewed...sorry for hijackin your thread signal.

Just thought I'd post this quick before I go to bed...my thoughts on the title game as of now.

GridironGems04<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> (12:23:01 AM)</AIM:timestamp>: well.... my first thought was LSU should win that by 10 or so.. but after looking into it more and reading on it a bit already...actually kinda lean tOSU now.. LSU hasn't been all that impressive lately, but getting flynn and dorsey healthy is pretty big for LSU .. tOSU and tressell not let something like last year happen again i don't think
GridironGems04<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> (12:23:26 AM)</AIM:timestamp>: think tOSU will have some success throwing and play action.. beanie wells good back ... of course tOSU good defense
fondybadger<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> (12:24:10 AM)</AIM:timestamp>: yah, I like LSU, but would love under a fg, that won't happen i odn't think
GridironGems04<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> (12:25:16 AM)</AIM:timestamp>: yeah even though buckeyes not play all that difficult of schedule.. they still won most by a good margin
GridironGems04<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> (12:26:17 AM)</AIM:timestamp>: impressive wins on the road.. at purdue (purdue playing pretty well at the time) , at penn st never easy in big night game for em (white out) .. and of course at michigan
GridironGems04<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> (12:27:58 AM)</AIM:timestamp>: if you have the tenn line at +7.5 ... and then tosu line at +6 ... i think buckeys much better than 1.5 pts than the vols
GridironGems04<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> (12:28:36 AM)</AIM:timestamp>: besides the early part of the season.. LSU not really blow people out .. most close games
GridironGems04<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> (12:28:50 AM)</AIM:timestamp>: so i'd like to get a +7 for tOSU and just hit that
GridironGems04<AIM:timestamp style="display: inline; font-size: 11px;"> (12:29:39 AM)</AIM:timestamp>: also consider tressell much better coach than les miles.. last year you had urban meyer and tressell (whom i consider two of the best coaches in nation) meyer better coach than miles

I still don't get why everyone thinks Miles is such a shitty coach..show me some proof.

He gambles, he wins.

I still don't get why everyone thinks Miles is such a shitty coach..show me some proof.

He gambles, he wins.

Very true Hunt, he gambles and often wins; he loses at times as well.

However, the reason he is in a position to have to choose to gamble in the first place is a reflection on his mediocre in-game coaching abilities. Wasted timeouts, an abundance of pre snap penalties on offense, some lackluster efforts against teams they should wax and some of the worst clock management I have ever seen (see auburn game) has him well behind Tressel as far as a game day coach goes.

The arky game is Exhibit A..

He takes a timeout w/ just over a minute left after 2nd and 3rd down in goal to go situations going for a tie....they weren't getting the ball back either way..

Yet he takes his last two timeouts and preserves the clock for Arky and lets them keep their timeouts...

Just the most baffling shit....he does shit that's so stupid your trying to make sure he's not thinking on another level and seeing something u're not..

you think another minute and ur'e like, yup, he's just stupidier than fuck.

Miles is damn near retarded. In addition to the in game stuff that horses brings up, he is also well behind Tressell tactically. Some of his gambles are flat out asinine as well. The name LSU recruits on their own so he'll always have talent but he will never be a coach that gets the most out of his talent.

I love when he tries to call timeout after incompletions and his whole coaching staff has to hold him back.

Anybody with any thoughts on A&M and Penn STate. Im leaning strong toward the Nittany Lions here. What do you think about Texas AM and the whole coach thing. Are they going to be motivated for this.

Anybody with any thoughts on A&M and Penn STate. Im leaning strong toward the Nittany Lions here. What do you think about Texas AM and the whole coach thing. Are they going to be motivated for this.

I'd take PSU in anything -6 or lower. aTm loves to run the ball but Penn State has the sixth best rush defense in the country. The Aggies don't pass well enough to keep Penn State from controlling this game.

And I don't see the coaching situation at aTm mattering here. Fran's job was on the line a lot and they never got up for the game. I don't see why they would receive any emotional surge for this game. PSU is generally a solid bowl team as well.

I was hoping to get PSU as something like 3.5 or 4. 5.5 isn't all that appealing, though I still lean that way. I'm going to wait this one out.

Back