College Baseball

CrimsonK

Sid Bream Supporter
Opening Weekend: (2/17/17)

Going to focus some on ACC/SEC baseball this season and will see how things go. Don't have ton of experience betting college baseball.

Georgia Tech -140 v. BYU (5d)

True frosh starting for GT, Zay Curry, and I think he's gonna be a good one. Tech 22-1 last 23 in home openers and return 7 fielders from LY. BYU solid LY and have their ace going also but coming off surgery and the scouting report on him says he won't overpower, throws it flat and misses up in zone. Looks cheap

ECU +125 v. Ole Miss (5d)

Top 10 matchup. Ole Miss real tough at home historically and very good in openers but taking an All American lefty for ECU at +$. 16 starts LY and went 7+ in 12 of those finished 8-1 with 2.01 ERA.

Record: 1-1 +0.0

Saturday, 2/18/17

Clemson -170 v. Wright State (5d)

Clemson dropped the it's 4th consecutive opener to a young Wright State team yesterday, 6-4, and a lot of that had to do with 12 men LOB. Clemson starting All American LHP Pat Krall today and I expect a big bounce back game from the Tigers at home. Wright State starter looks to be okay, LHP with only 3 college starts but a 1.43 WHIP so a definite edge to Clemson here throwing their ace.

Strong lean to Marshall +185 at GT but will prob pass on it.

Good stuff....got home from golfing just a bit too late to get that Clemson bet in but I figured the bats would come alive

Thanks D - Beer mashed that 3 run dinger on a rope early and I thought that alone would be enough - proved to be the case. Bats looked better today but certainly still not great but Wright's pitcher was pretty good too. Krall looked good in the start and was equally as effective after seeing guys a second and third time through which is a good sign of his transition.

Record: 2-1 +1.0

Sunday, 2/19/17

Clemson -170 v. Wright State (5d)

Rubber game in the series. Wright State pitching what looks like a talented guy but making his first big time collegiate start. Alex Eubanks getting the nod for Clemson and he has bounced between pen and starter role but is being looked at to be the Sunday guy. Better bats again for Clemson, Wright State still looking fundamentally shaky running bases and fielding and pitching edge to Clemson.

You see any of Poche's no-no yesterday? Saw the highlights, the SS Robinson deserves a medal for the game he played to get that for him

Good luck this season. I dabble in it a little bit and always keep up with the ovc/sec. We have Auburn v jax state tomorrow and will be looking to fade Auburn a lot this season when the opportunity presents itself. Always keep an eye open when Bell pitches for south Alabama as well, he did me right last season and is a badass. Cheers.

Pardon my ignorance,but where is the best place to find pitching matchups,stats,schedules,etc.?

Pardon my ignorance,but where is the best place to find pitching matchups,stats,schedules,etc.?

love the team pages too. Most will have a preview of the game on the schedule page and sometimes you can find an injury or something of note that helps.

Record: 3-3 +0.30

Saturday, 2/25/17

Elon +275 v. Clemson (5d)
Teams went 13 innings yesterday in 1-0 Clemson win. Elon hurler coming off a complete game, no hitter, his last time out. Really like Krall also for Clemson but taking a shot on big dog that is throwing well. Personally, I feel conflicted about this series, Elon was the first school to offer me a baseball scholarship my junior year and Clemson was the school I wanted an offer from but never came after hurting the ole arm and missing my senior year.

Side notes - Tim Cate and Morgan Cooper dueling yesterday in Austin was so fun to watch if you like good pitching. Cate, best pitcher in AAC, left in 4th with an apparent injury and is worth watching moving forward.

Record: 3-4 -0.70

Monday, 2/27/17

USC -130 v. Duke (5d) (2 units)

Duke not playing good baseball right now, USC been on coast since late last week in series against Wake. Think the Trojan bats are the best group on the field.

Record: 4-4 +1.30

Tuesday, 2/28/17

Vanderbilt -190 v. SE
Louisiana (5d) (2 units)

Florida State -165 v. Jacksonville (5d) (2 units)

Call me a sucker but I'm riding with elite talent here against two little guys that have over performed thus far and created perceived value on the chalk.

Tailed you on these but parlayed them. The Shriners tourney you mentioned has some heavyweights. It will most certainly help with establishing the pecking order in some of this. Cheers Crimson.

Tailed you on these but parlayed them. The Shriners tourney you mentioned has some heavyweights. It will most certainly help with establishing the pecking order in some of this. Cheers Crimson.

I prob should use the parlay more - that seems like a good way to go on these with a bigger price tag. GL to us

Sorry capt was too late on last post.

Friday

Cal Santa Barbara +145 v Kentucky (2 units)

The wrong team is favored here

Thanks, VK.

Posting from phone earlier. Try to have cleaner format when on comp.

Record through 3/2/17: 6-4 +5.30 units

Record: 6-7 -0.20

Sunday, 3/5/17

UNC -135 v. Lon Beach State
(5d) (1 unit)

Betting UNC avoids the sweep here. Friday the infield hits and errors were their undoing and yesterday they went 0-15 with runners on base and 0-9 with RISP. This series has been lot of small ball and I like the matchup of Morgan who was the Saturday guy against an underdeveloped Freshman for the Dirtbags - noon start EST for Cali team another edge for home team.

I'm beginning to think that UNC just isn't good on defense. 7th error of series, more infield hits and somehow Dirtbags lead as a result. Frustrating team right now

Record: 7-7 +0.80

Thanks, P

Friday, 3/10/17

Virginia -115 v. UNC
(5d) (1 unit)
NC State +157 v. Wake (5d) (1 unit)
Florida -265 v. Seton Hall (5d) (1 unit)
South Carolina -155 v. Michigan State (5d) (1 unit)
GT -130 v. Miami (5d) (1 unit)

Hate betting against my guy JB at UNC but UVA throwing an ace also and I became all too familiar with UNC's poor fundamentals last weekend - UVA much better team at moment.

NC State looks to me like they should be pretty even odds wise in a toss up game. Should be lot of offense in this series - both guys throwing aces and while the Wake bats have been hot at home I think State a better overall team

Florida throwing future MLB starter Faedo (2-0 1.77 ERA) and Seton Hall starting an 0-2 southpaw with a 10+ ERA

South Carolina looks cheap to me after losing series to Clemson. Not buying Michigan State and their hot start - thought this should be closer to -200.

GT has the better bats. The Miami offense is truly abysmal right now so will take the team that is hitting.

Back