Cole Hamels

As a Phillies and I wanted them to sell everyone. Hamels is definitely the most interesting guy because he is the only guy the Phillies have leverage with... Whereas there are other guys on the market become free agents at the end of the year they absolutely do not HAVE to trade Cole. So it's going to cost you three top prospects nothing less. Maybe three top prospects and then one low minor-league guy. If not, okay no big deal the Phillies keep one of the best left-handed pitchers in the game. But this teams try to lowball the Phillies state should not accept a thing.

urias, seager, pederson and a low level prospect... If the Dodgers agree to that you do it. Nothing less. If they say two out of those big three you hang up the phone.

The problem is I don't think anybody believes that ruben knows what hes doing. The team is so obsessed with keeping this crew from 2008 around, that I could see Ruben turning even that offer down. While part of me wants to sell sell sell, The other part of me does not even trust Ruben to do a thing.

but if this team does stand pat they will not be competitive for at least 6-10 yrs. front office is an absolute joke

As a Phillies and I wanted them to sell everyone. Hamels is definitely the most interesting guy because he is the only guy the Phillies have leverage with... Whereas there are other guys on the market become free agents at the end of the year they absolutely do not HAVE to trade Cole. So it's going to cost you three top prospects nothing less. Maybe three top prospects and then one low minor-league guy. If not, okay no big deal the Phillies keep one of the best left-handed pitchers in the game. But this teams try to lowball the Phillies state should not accept a thing.

urias, seager, pederson and a low level prospect... If the Dodgers agree to that you do it. Nothing less. If they say two out of those big three you hang up the phone.

The problem is I don't think anybody believes that ruben knows what hes doing. The team is so obsessed with keeping this crew from 2008 around, that I could see Ruben turning even that offer down. While part of me wants to sell sell sell, The other part of me does not even trust Ruben to do a thing.

but if this team does stand pat they will not be competitive for at least 6-10 yrs. front office is an absolute joke
as a fan, it has to be frustrating to see your team make bone headed moves year in year out.. (ask Santa about the maple leafs)...

What is Utley worth to you D-Woww? Guaranteed Ruben overvalues him compared to you and that's why trades don't happen

What is Utley worth to you D-Woww? Guaranteed Ruben overvalues him compared to you and that's why trades don't happen

This is another example of why Ruben is a moron. Last year the Dodgers needed a second baseman and Utley was just getting healthy so I was saying they should try to trade him for a AA of Who had kind of come out of nowhere to put up numbers. Now Joc Pederson is a top 30 prospect in baseball.

also this year his 10 & 5 Rights kick in so he has to approve any deal and he does not want to because he has a whole life and charity organization in Philadelphia. I think that ship has sailed to trade him. But if he were willing to go I would take a teams top-five prospect and a pretty good reliever for him

If enough people in the Hilton Corporation passed away and Paris Hilton had to become the CEO, she would not derail that organization as fast as Ruben has derailed the Phillies

This is another example of why Ruben is a moron. Last year the Dodgers needed a second baseman and Utley was just getting healthy so I was saying they should try to trade him for a AA of Who had kind of come out of nowhere to put up numbers. Now Joc Pederson is a top 30 prospect in baseball.

also this year his 10 & 5 Rights kick in so he has to approve any deal and he does not want to because he has a whole life and charity organization in Philadelphia. I think that ship has sailed to trade him. But if he were willing to go I would take a teams top-five prospect and a pretty good reliever for him

Just used Utley as an example :)

My point was he thinks his guys (howard, utley, rollins the like) are owrht about 10 shiny pennies, but really it's closer to maybe 6-7 and thus a trade doesn't happen

If enough people in the Hilton Corporation passed away and Paris Hilton had to become the CEO, she would not derail that organization as fast as Ruben has derailed the Phillies

that's because there are lawyers and advisors who can tell her what to do and she will listen since she is out of her element...People can tell Ruben what to do but chances are he won't listen

I was kind of just using that example to prove a point he is absolutely atrocious by far my least favorite sports figure in Philadelphia sports history

Many horrible moves by Ruben. Now this situation is just frustrating. One of the best SP's in the entire game, in his prime, and under control for many years. Any contender should be knocking down the Phillies door w/ a package. Cole has playoff experience and is a MVP.

Phillies hold the most

It could be a boring deadline if Philly doesn't budge(why they wouldn't is beyond me.....blow that thing up)

Phillies hold the most

It could be a boring deadline if Philly doesn't budge(why they wouldn't is beyond me.....blow that thing up)

Literally every person in Philadelphia is saying this, but Ruin Tomorrow Jr refuses. There is talk that he has pressure from upper management to keep The guys who were big in 2008 just because some (still not many) more people will come then if it is a bunch of nobodys.

what management does not seem to understand is that sure, hamels/rollins/ utley/lee may keep the crowds around 30k instead of 15k, it is also postponing any chance of getting better in the next few yrs. id rather avg 15k for the next 2.5 yrs & in year three start to look like there's a future. History shows that if you put together a winner people will come. This team sells out every game when they are good. But the way they are handling the team they are not going to be at that point for the next decade

Back