Coastal Carolina vs Kansas

KPo4

Coastal Carolina comes in ranked 19th in the nation, after the most successful season in school history. After a week 1 tune up against The Citadel, they play host to Kansas, a perennial Power 5 bottom dweller, on a nationally televised game under the lights at home. This will be the first time in Coastal program history that a Power 5 team has played them on their home turf. You can be assured this experienced Coastal team won’t be overlooking KU and will be out to make a statement from the start.

Kansas barely escaped their FCS opponent South Dakota in week 1, but a win is a win for a program desperate for any kind of momentum they can find. The Jayhawks struggled to move the ball last week gaining only 2.0 yards per carry and 12 total first downs. They only crossed midfield one time in the first half and went 3 and out on their first 4 drives. The one time they did get the ball into SD territory is because of a hell of a punt by KU's punter. I don’t see how they can move the ball against the 16th ranked defense from the 2020 season. 26.5 is a lot of points to spot anyone, but I can't see KU having any success even against Coastal's second unit

When these two teams matched up last year at Kansas, Coastal went up 28-0 before a quick FG to end the half for Kansas. KU came out after halftime and scored TDs on their first 3 drives and made the score seem closer than it actually was. Coastal lost interest in the second half, but I think this years first half will be very similar. -26.5 sounds really nice for the game, but the second half from last years game scares me off a bit. I'll lay the points in the first half and stay away from a backdoor cover.

Pick - Coastal Carolina 1h -16.5

I’m kinda allergic to laying bunch of points but even I do it against ku from time to time, them, ucon, umass like the 3 teams so bad I sometimes lay big numbers. Lol. I’m not doing it tonight but probably just passing more free money! Gl

Back