Coast to coast with the Geauxst

Space Geauxst

Pretty much a regular
29-15-1
64.4%

I really like the lines this week and see several that are off to me. I'm by no means even a good handicapper by CTG's standards. But I do think that the books have gotten shocked, for lack of a better word, and are playing it a bit tight. So when I saw some of the following lines, I jumped on them.

uga -7 VANDY
Vandy is really underperforming this year, and doing even worse in bigger games or against big name opponents. Georgia is a real jeckyl and hyde team right now. I like them here big for 2 reasons: 1) This is a revenge game from Vandy upending them last year. 2) Atonement for last weeks dismal showing at Tennessee. Plus, Vandy is just sucking. UGA by 14 or even more.

usc -7 UNC
The Gamecocks are a solid team with a good defense and a good running game. That's more than what UNC has. UNC has played alright versus some decent opponents....and lost. USC is the best they have faced yet. And I think ETG pointed out that Spurrier wants to take over recruiting in NC and this is a team he has to beat and beat soundly. I would take USC all the way up to 13.

lsu -9.5 UK
Yes, the Tigers played a physical and draining game last week. Yes, UK hasn't played since last Thursday and has had extra time. Yes, this is a perfect let down spot. For me, I see LSU rolling here. LSU's rush offense should overwhelm the smaller UK lines. The defense will relish pinning their ears back and getting after a pure drop back passer. UK will get their points, maybe even through a scare into LSU early a la Tulane. But at some point in the 2nd or at the start of the 3rd, LSU begins to smash UK and carries this on all game. LSU wins going away by 14 or more.

baylor +25.5 KU
What?! You can't do that! Give the benefit of the doubt to Baylor in a let down spot while propping LSU up. Well, I'm not saying Baylor wins. I'm just looking for a KU squad unaccustomed to the emotion of a big win and the flat aftereffects not running on all cylinders and 'only' beating a not sucky Baylor by 21 or 24.

WAKE +6 fsu **win**
I just like Wake here at home. FSU is still not a machine and Wake has had good success ATS against FSU. Plus, Wake isn't shabby at home. This is just a strong looking dog play that is attractive enough to bet.

WYOMING -3.5 new mexico
Just continuing to ride Wyoming and that altitude against comparable or weaker foes here.

bc -13.5 ND
The Eagles can really move the ball. Notre Dame has a terrible defense. And even if Weis has found his qb, that offense still stinks. We are all well aware of the relative stats. Boston College puts another 20+ victory on the board here, easy.

illinois -3.5 IOWA
I am riding Illinois and their pretty decent offense against a team proven to be just bad so far. Maybe Iowa makes a stand somewhere, but I think Illinois gets the win. All I'm asking for is for Illinois' offense to stay on track enough to put up a td and to hold Iowa to a fg or less at some point.

Leans:
MIAMI -3 gt
Why don't the Canes take care of business here? Someone please talk me out of this one. I don't see why the Canes don't bounce back at home.

MICH ST -4 ind
I think this line is about right. I just see MSU winning by a td or more at home. Indiana is a fair team, I just want to give MSU and Dantonio the edge.

UVA -3 uconn
I think unconn is overvalued and UVA is coming on like I expected them to. And when I say "I expected them to" I mean that's what I read in Steele and am parroting it here to look smart. ;)

Cashed:
navy +4.5 PITT
Pitt sucks. They just suck baaaad. Navy can move the ball and put up points. That spells a win. Navy loves to run and so I love to look at their under. But this season, Navy has put up a lot of points and also has allowed a ton of points.

Your feedback is welcome and anticipated. Best of luck gentlemen!

Last edited:
B.A.R.
Thanks man. I liked your card as well. I just really like some of these lines this week.

Guys, feedback pretty please? Someone talk me out of that Miami or Mich St game...

LOL..I feel MSU bounces back..total feel there..no bet because Kellen could go apeshit there...we'll see

Don't know why I didn't get on the Thur home dog train sooner than I have...

okay, I'm probably going to discard those leans. Now I'm looking at some totals:

uga/VANDY under 45
I think UGA rolls and Vandy barely scores

STAN/tcu under 47
stanford is teh suck and tcu has a decent d and sucky o. That means no points.

looking at bc/ND 46.5
I just don't see BC putting up more than 31 and ND scoring more than 14.

I might address these further or other totals. I'm too hungover right now to do proper work. I just sat and stared at totals for about 10 minutes and you could just hear the snapping of the 2 neurons that were awake and functional at this point. Plus, these totals just aren't too inspiring. I might lay off completely.

Looking at UTAH -14 san diego st.
Utah is okay, san diego st sucks. I gotta research this one...

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">nice start SG.. gl sat
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I wouldnt sell B.C. short on the offensive side and I sure wouldnt give Notre Dame any credit on defense.

That matchup screams points to me. Good luck either way.

Now looking at:

KANSAS ST -5 colorado

NW -7 minn

texas/IOWA ST under 53

PSU/wisc under 44.5

MICH ST/ind under 62.5

I would not feel comfortable laying points with NW in this spot especially right after that big win at MSU. Screams let down to me. This is a team that lost to Duke for goodness sakes. That and Minny has to come around and play some defense sooner or later and Minny can score points. 7 is a lot of points to lay with a not good NW team in a let down spot. I do agree with KSU though. They are just a better team and at less than a TD, I think there is good value there at home.

Back