Coaches on the HOT seat

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
Think this thread could serve some use. Come the end of the yr we will know if some teams quit on their HC. Could provide some good fades.

I got one to add and I just love adding it.

Tammy Bowden @ ClemSUX:

The internet sites, the radios, even the paper up in Greenville SC, are calling for change. You can make this the lock of the yr..... No matter what, even if Clemson runs the table the rest of the yr, if Bowden loses to SC, his ass is on the curb.

After watching last weekends game, even though they won. Coach Fran at A&M is just a horseshit coach and would love to see him gone

After watching last weekends game, even though they won. Coach Fran at A&M is just a horseshit coach and would love to see him gone

I am still mad at Fran and his team for that blunder on my Miami Under. I can't get that game out of my head and blame it on my downfall this season. Cocksucker he is.

Coach Fran is definately on the serious hot seat and under investigation by the university for contract violations a.k.a. we want out. If A & M folds down the stretch (like they should), he is gone, without pay. It is going to take 8-4 to save his ass!!

Sonny Lubick up at Colorado St will probably resign even though he is a God up there..

He lost this team a few yrs ago, they need new blood up there

Lloyd Carr takes a bow (even if the Wolverines win the Big Ten). Also gone: Guy Morriss, Ed Orgeron, Phil Bennett.

Retiring: Sonny Lubick, Larry Blakeney, Joe Paterno (losing team), Bobby Bowden (big $ for a still shitty offense, tired of losing).

Jumping programs: Les Miles (Michigan), George O'Leary, Art Briles, Brian Kelly (again), Tedford

Other coaches that need to win (or have a prayer): Fulmer, Nutt, Tuberville, Mike Stoops, Ferentz, Gundy, Ted Roof, Dorrell, Wannstedt, Greg Robinson, Kyle Whittingham, Mike Sanford, Tommy West, Joe Novak.

Wanny for PITT. Maybe he's not on the hot seat yet, but...he sure as hell belongs there. The guy looks like he's lost on the sidelines, every single game. Running his fingers thru his hair, looking up at the scoreboard over and over. I can just see what he's thinking...

"Where am I? What am I doing here? WTF are all those guys doing on the field, running around?..."

One of the worst coaches ever.

:cheers:

ETG,

It's nice to see somebody like yourself familiar with the whole USC and CU rivalry and how big it is in the state. my take on lil bowden being a current student at CU: I have never heard so many people universally calling for his job now. The clemson flagship radio station up here(104.9) have been hammering him pretty good lately especially the only guy I respect on that station, Walt Deptula. Hell even the kool-aid drinkers that have had bowdens back through these past 9 years have now turned on him. Besides being obviously clueless out there, what really pisses people off is his excuses and spin after games like the VT game. In his press conference a reporter asked him basically where do you go from here? Bowden responds that he is in the same predicament as Mack Brown, Mark Richt, and Phil Fulmer cuz they are all 4-2 as well. WTF!? You just got your ass handed to you in a must win game and quite frankly a game that you should win and he comes with that same old shit.... After that VT game and the outrage across the board i don't think raising funds for that buy-out(now 2.5 mill) will be hard to come up with. Bottom line he has finally dug himself a whole in which he can't get out of.....now the only question is who to get to replace him

STEVE KRAGTHORPE..........I really wish he would be fired, but am pretty sure he wont be. I will most likely have to put up with this shit for one more season before a change is made.

I agree with Bill Doba. Nicest guy, solid D coordinator, just not really a head coach. Perhaps he might retire. WSU has not fired a football head coach in 30 years.

ETG,

It's nice to see somebody like yourself familiar with the whole USC and CU rivalry and how big it is in the state. my take on lil bowden being a current student at CU: I have never heard so many people universally calling for his job now. The clemson flagship radio station up here(104.9) have been hammering him pretty good lately especially the only guy I respect on that station, Walt Deptula. Hell even the kool-aid drinkers that have had bowdens back through these past 9 years have now turned on him. Besides being obviously clueless out there, what really pisses people off is his excuses and spin after games like the VT game. In his press conference a reporter asked him basically where do you go from here? Bowden responds that he is in the same predicament as Mack Brown, Mark Richt, and Phil Fulmer cuz they are all 4-2 as well. WTF!? You just got your ass handed to you in a must win game and quite frankly a game that you should win and he comes with that same old shit.... After that VT game and the outrage across the board i don't think raising funds for that buy-out(now 2.5 mill) will be hard to come up with. Bottom line he has finally dug himself a whole in which he can't get out of.....now the only question is who to get to replace him

well you should be a student at SC with that thinking, I agree with everything you said. I was going to mention Walt even hating on him. I graduated last May from there. Tammy is certainly is trouble.. You think 8-4 and a loss to SC to end the yr and he is gone before the bowl? I don't see CU beating BC so thats atleast 1 more loss and they are not going to beat SC. :smiley_acbe:

Lloyd Carr takes a bow (even if the Wolverines win the Big Ten). Also gone: Guy Morriss, Ed Orgeron, Phil Bennett.

Retiring: Sonny Lubick, Larry Blakeney, Joe Paterno (losing team), Bobby Bowden (big $ for a still shitty offense, tired of losing).

Jumping programs: Les Miles (Michigan), George O'Leary, Art Briles, Brian Kelly (again), Tedford

Other coaches that need to win (or have a prayer): Fulmer, Nutt, Tuberville, Mike Stoops, Ferentz, Gundy, Ted Roof, Dorrell, Wannstedt, Greg Robinson, Kyle Whittingham, Mike Sanford, Tommy West, Joe Novak.

I think you have some good info here, but other parts of it i do not agree with.

Guy Morriss does not have high expectations at Baylor and he has already done better than the previous guy so i don't think he's goin anywhere.

I doubt Kelly will leave Cincy after just one season. If he does, it will be a lateral move, so if he wants a big-time gig, he will have to prove a little more at Cincy. 3 yrs at C. Michigan and some yrs before that at the lower level will not be enough right now to land a great job.

I don't see Tedford leaving Cal -- he could have done it numerous times by now and he has not.

Fullmer is entrenched at Tennessee, Tuberville entrenched at Auburn, Joe Novak is entrenched at N. Illinois. These guys are not on the hot seat right now. They have had too many good seasons at their schools to be on the hot seat so quickly. Houston Nutt probably still has a year or two before Arkansas will fire him. He had a great season just last yr, where they went to the SEC title game. He is fine right now.

Whittingham has not been at Utah long enough to be let go. He took them to a bowl last season. He's fine right now.

Sanford has UNLV heading the right direction, finally. They'll leave him alone.

Tommy West took Memphis to 3 straight bowls until last season, and now his team is playing a little better this season. He'll be fine for at least one more season.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK?

Bowden said Clemson wouldn't have had a problem with its past two opponents if special teams weren't a part of the game.

"You make it like a spring game and put the ball on the 30, offense versus defense, we're undefeated."

aztec - I (along with every other football fan here in Pittsburgh) have been saying this for years. He shouldn't have gotten hired to begin with (they fire Walt Harris the same year that he's named Big East Coach of the Year!?!?!?!?!?!? Wanny blows donkey cock BIG TIME!

Sonny Lubick up at Colorado St will probably resign even though he is a God up there..

well said, he was the first that came to my mind....That team hasnt been near the same since Van Pelt graduated, hes just not getting it done

More coaching speculation

I think you have some good info here, but other parts of it i do not agree with.

Guy Morriss does not have high expectations at Baylor and he has already done better than the previous guy so i don't think he's goin anywhere.

I doubt Kelly will leave Cincy after just one season. If he does, it will be a lateral move, so if he wants a big-time gig, he will have to prove a little more at Cincy. 3 yrs at C. Michigan and some yrs before that at the lower level will not be enough right now to land a great job.

I don't see Tedford leaving Cal -- he could have done it numerous times by now and he has not.

Fullmer is entrenched at Tennessee, Tuberville entrenched at Auburn, Joe Novak is entrenched at N. Illinois. These guys are not on the hot seat right now. They have had too many good seasons at their schools to be on the hot seat so quickly. Houston Nutt probably still has a year or two before Arkansas will fire him. He had a great season just last yr, where they went to the SEC title game. He is fine right now.

Whittingham has not been at Utah long enough to be let go. He took them to a bowl last season. He's fine right now.

Sanford has UNLV heading the right direction, finally. They'll leave him alone.

Tommy West took Memphis to 3 straight bowls until last season, and now his team is playing a little better this season. He'll be fine for at least one more season.

Most of the coaches you defend are only on the hotseat, not necessarily on the "will be fired" path.

Guy Morriss is a goner. Last year, a good number of his staff left him (his best coaches) because he told them to take other jobs as opposed to spending a year losing and getting fired. They'll make a STRONG (and emotional) push for Mike Singletary, but not sure how he will react. They took Morriss over him previously. If he wants back in coaching, I can see Glen Mason possibly showing up here... unless he is too afraid of a yearly beating to the Red Raiders, which cost him the Minny job.

Brian Kelly is a job jumper. There are likely to be plenty of jobs available that are a step above Cincy. With the price teams put on winning, Kelly could definitely get a look. If he leaves or not will depend on the Cincy AD's wallet. Kelly wants respect, and hoops is #1 at Cincy. I can see Kelly going from UC to CU and the Clemson Tigers (why I left Tommy Bowden off my original list, I'll never know)

Jeff Tedford is very frustrated with the lack of promised facilities and improvements. It's not entirely the schools fault, as the hippy students won't allow it. If Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, etc. come calling, he may jump. I think Ole Miss could even be willing to pony up the funds necessary.

Phil Fulmer is very much on the hotseat. I live in Nashville. The Georgia win helped, but the fans are tired of not being No. 1 in the SEC-East. Cutcliffe has saved the offense, thus extended him a bit.

Tommy Tuberville is in the same seat as Fulmer. He's really good, but the fans want GREAT! "Grass is greener..." I'm telling you. Meyer has changed this game. Fans think a coach can show up and win a title in one year. Could leave for A&M, as well, which should make A&M fans happy.

Houston Nutt was almost fired LAST YEAR! He's very average and the fans know that after McFadden/Jones, the team is looking grim, especially in the ever-improving SEC. I could see Nutt jumping to A&M (and A&M fans crying) if Franchione leaves.

Joe Novak might be safe, but this season looks like a "Michael Turner, Garrett Wolfe are gone... what now?" season. They took a HUGE drop off and Novak has never been great.

Tommy West is in the same category. His career was made with DeAngelo Williams.

Mike Sanford might be fired because UNLV kills the football team. Yes, it's possible. He's got 2 wins this year, and the rest of the season, safe Colo St, doesn't look promising. Is it fair? No. But the AD at UNLV is anti-athletics (which is ridiculous. It's UNLV!) He's had some recruiting and transfer coupes, so that helps, but he needs to WIN! He needs two more wins this season to cool off the seat.

Kyle Whittingham might be saved by Brian Johnson. But the fans don't like him. They still think this is Meyer's team and Whittingham is living on borrowed time. They likely finish the season 7-5, but this team is very erratic. Losing to UNLV and AF, but beating UCLA and Louisville? WTF?

You think 8-4 and a loss to SC to end the yr and he is gone before the bowl? I don't see CU beating BC so thats atleast 1 more loss and they are not going to beat SC. :smiley_acbe:

I think right now to think we can get to 8-4 is asking a lot. 7-5 is most likely. He'll lose to Maryland or Wake. Maybe both. What's going to absolutely kill him is the last 2 games. There is no chance in hell we beat BC or you guys in Columbia. So we'll end the year on at least a 2 game skid and maybe 3 if Wake gets us before BC. The admin will fire lil b after the SC game but will let him coach the bowl game in Boise cuz that's how the admin likes to fuck things up. Now what should happen is we fire his ass this week but let him stay on the rest of the year while we throw out waivers on the back channels to gauge interest into some of the big name coaches we could get, ala UNC with Bunting and Butch Davis last year. But we'll never do that, moot point anways......saw that quote lil b said about if we just played O and D with no special teams!?!? Remind me again why Spurrier isn't going Ole Ball Coach on him every presser he has???:36_11_6:

saw that quote lil b said about if we just played O and D with no special teams!?!? Remind me again why Spurrier isn't going Ole Ball Coach on him every presser he has???:36_11_6:

First, that was a classic Bowden quote. HMMM lets take away 1/3 of the game cause we suck at it and we would be undefeated. lol

interesting. Are you sure you are a tater by the way and not a closet gamecock fan? lol, things must really be bad up there.

I think honestly, Spurrier is saving it all up. He is gonna to embarrass Tammy in the media that week. Tammy started the jabs in the off season about the raise, continued to do it while CU had their ranking going into the GT game about some of the skill players we may or may not have and now I think he will be quiet for a while but I am sure Spurrier had those comments relayed to him. I am a bit surprised he hasn't mentioned them at all though

don't know if it's on here, didn't read the comments above. If he wasn't on the hot seat, after tonight he should be.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Dave Wannstedt aka the moron from Pitt.

Wannstedt with one of the dumbest coaching moves on the year. Your RB was just tearing through that D and you throw a fade for it all. No wonder he cant keep a job

Bill Doba - likely fired

Pete Carroll - After Chargers continue to implode they offer Petey full control and he jumps to the NFL. Especially now that the NCAA might have good evidence on the Bush saga.

Mike Stoops - on hot seat. Possibly fired.

Greg Robinson - Bad fit up in the Northeast. PLEASE come back to Texas and coach the defense!

Steve Kragthorpe - I know its early but damn he's already on the hot seat.

Les Miles - Is not going anywhere not even Michigan. LSU will throw every dollar they have in that state to keep him around if he wins it all.

Dennis Franchione - Must win the Big 12 South or he is gone. Tuberville perhaps?

Lloyd Carr - Will resign.

Sonny Lubick - Will resign.

Karl Dorrell - UCLA was suppose to be good this year and have blown ass. Dorrell also supposedly doesn't personally like to recruit to much.

Houston Nutt - The fans are getting pretty tired of him. Butch Davis has a nice house in Arkansas hmmmm...

Kirk Ferentz - Was everyone's dream coach but has struggled recently. Not on the hot seat but getting close maybe? He's only got a 55% winning percentage at Iowa in 9 years.

Likely the biggest names sought after if spots open:

Jeff Tedford
Chris Peterson
Jim Grobe
Butch Davis
Gary Patterson
Mike Price
Mike Leach
Jim Leavitt

I am trying to find the whole list.

this from coaches hot seat:

3. Tommy Bowden

#6 Hot Seat Preseason

#5 Hot Seat Midseason

Tommy Bowden is 66-39 (.629) in 8+ seasons at Clemson, with no ACC championships. 66-39 might be good enough for some schools, but surely it cannot be good enough for Clemson, or can it? Maybe Clemson doesn't mind fielding mediocre teams, and winning championships is not that important anymore to the Tiger fans. If so, then you have a terrific coach that can take you into the future! If winning is important, if winning championships, both ACC and National, is something that Clemson fans care about, then they are going to have to take a hard look at the continued employment of Tommy Bowden. Tommy is 4-2 in '07 after consecutive losses to Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech, and he has 3 very winnable games (Central Michigan, Duke, Wake Forest) left on the schedule. That gets him to 7 wins, so this is probably going to come down to if he can get at least 1 win from the Maryland, Boston College, and South Carolina games. Don't tell us that Tommy's future at Clemson is going to come down to beating the Ole Ball Coach and the Gamecocks in Columbia. Please, don't tell us that, but if you do tell us that, then what great theater that game will be. Everyone knows what great joy Spurrier gets from beating the Bowdens, and that would be the game of all games for Steve. If it is going to come down to the Ball Coach, then Tommy can start picking out a retirement home on the Gulf Coast, because that is where he is going to be.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

Don't tell us that Tommy's future at Clemson is going to come down to beating the Ole Ball Coach and the Gamecocks in Columbia. Please, don't tell us that, but if you do tell us that, then what great theater that game will be. Everyone knows what great joy Spurrier gets from beating the Bowdens, and that would be the game of all games for Steve. If it is going to come down to the Ball Coach, then Tommy can start picking out a retirement home on the Gulf Coast, because that is where he is going to be.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

Thats really funny :36_11_6::36_11_6:

something i do not understand about coaches. this is a tad off subject but was wondering if anyone could explain it to me as i have seen it twice.

first time was the maryland/wvirginia game .... with under 8 minutes to go and down 24 maryland scores a td to cut it to 18 and then KICKS THE EXTRA POINT !! i do not get that .. but here is what really confuses me ..... they then kicked the onsides kick !!! does this make any sense at all ??

it happened again this past saturday when on fourth and long deep in fresno st territory , down 20 the vandals kicked a field goal to make it a 17 point game with under 8 minutes to go to cut it to 17. then they kick an onsides kick ...... this makes no sense to me.

can someone explain this to me ?

something i do not understand about coaches. this is a tad off subject but was wondering if anyone could explain it to me as i have seen it twice.

first time was the maryland/wvirginia game .... with under 8 minutes to go and down 24 maryland scores a td to cut it to 18 and then KICKS THE EXTRA POINT !! i do not get that .. but here is what really confuses me ..... they then kicked the onsides kick !!! does this make any sense at all ??

it happened again this past saturday when on fourth and long deep in fresno st territory , down 20 the vandals kicked a field goal to make it a 17 point game with under 8 minutes to go to cut it to 17. then they kick an onsides kick ...... this makes no sense to me.

can someone explain this to me ?

VK, I wish I could give you the answer in trying to understand coaches but as Brandon Lang always says;

"One thing you cannot handicap is coaching stupidity"

6 or 7 days after I post this, Lubick says he is "thinking about resigning".

I think he needs to stop thinking about it and actually do it.

Time for new blood up in Fort Collins, CO.

Big win for Whittingham down at TCU.

He now has wins over UCLA, Louisville, and TCU, all this season.

UCLA is down now, but they were healthy when they went to Salt Lake City and got pasted. Louisville's win last Sat at Cincy makes Utah's win over the Cards look better. And now they win down at TCU, beating the Horned Frogs who have fared well in the MWC.

I think Whittingham is safe.

Carr: Check
Morriss: Check
Orgeron: Check
Bennett: Check
Lubick: Check
Nutt: Check
Roof: Check
Novak: Close, but Check.
Callahan: Check

LOTS of movement still coming. This is going to be a VERY bloody off-season.

Cant believe A&M hired Mike Sherman. Any of their supporters actually like this hire?

Houston Nutt Resigned...didn't know if this was posted...didn't see it.
Also, Chan Gailey, Wash St. Coach, and Southern Miss Coach OUT.

2069039532_8cc9e7bcd5_o.gif

Michigan gets permission to speak to Les Miles and Tommy Bowden will be getting some sort of short contract extension, mainly for recruiting purposes I believe

boy do I hate coming to this thread after I open my fat mouth.

Fuck Tammy, If I was coaching CU as I got 2 blocked punts, over 200yds rushing, 2picks, 1fumble, the game wouldn't have been decided on a last second field goal.

Have fun with that extension Dwight

I must say that USC's 2007 season was a near exact replica of Clemson's 2006 season. Lots of injuries to key defensive players and an enormous 2nd half of the season meltdown. Here's to no injuries for either team next year and to both teams making the NCAA tourney. I think you guys have a shot to make the tourney with the SEC being down some this year. However IMO you lost 3 swing games so winning at Clemson would be huge for you guys. This Saturday's game should be pretty good. I think you guys might pull it off with Mays being out. If he were playing I would think Clemson by 10. Should be interesting. Good luck on the Ducks tonight

I must say that USC's 2007 season was a near exact replica of Clemson's 2006 season. Lots of injuries to key defensive players and an enormous 2nd half of the season meltdown. Here's to no injuries for either team next year and to both teams making the NCAA tourney. I think you guys have a shot to make the tourney with the SEC being down some this year. However IMO you lost 3 swing games so winning at Clemson would be huge for you guys. This Saturday's game should be pretty good. I think you guys might pull it off with Mays being out. If he were playing I would think Clemson by 10. Should be interesting. Good luck on the Ducks tonight

Carolina football is over for the yr in my mind, I hope they dun pull sum shit and send us to the Armed Forces bowl (we should stay home) so Air Force can run for 400 and make us a below .500 team!

The only tourney we are bound for is NIT and thats if we are lucky. We are quite young, a fun team to watch, yes, but not big enough and too young, hopefully it is respectable on Saturday.

Back