CMU v WMU - Tueday Night Degen Play

Trueblue

Pretty much a regular
I rarely post CFB, but I've been waiting for this game for some time..

I'm sure some of you are aware, but it's Tuesday night and there is a huge trend historically supporting the under... With this being a conference rival game and CMU coming off extended rest, both teams will definitely come out pumped up on both sides of the ball. The total between these teams has only reached 64 one time since 1997. Why is the total so high? I'm not quite sure, but CMU has been blowing MAC opponents out left and right this year, perhaps giving them the perception of a scoring machine. I'd like to also reiterate that this is a RIVAL game. No team on either side of ball lies flat. Home field advantage is also unfathomably huge. CMU has not beaten WMU on the road since 1993. Sure, WMU USED to be the MAC powerhouse, perhaps explaining the past home dominance, but history indicates that that the WMU crowd will be into this game. CMU has a fairly veteran squad wanting to win this game, but I'm not quite sure the weather conditions with a slushy field are favorable for a traveling team in a hostile environment. I expect a little more emphasis on the ground with tight play calling.

UNDER 64.5 - Largest Play of the year
WMU +3

I give WMU a 10% chance to win this game - there is simply nothing to point to WMU winning or covering except that they are at home in a rivalry game - and thats it. CMU is poised to win the MAC West for the second year in a row and they are not going to falter here. The history is giving us a short line and I love it.

The Tuesday Night Tussle IS going under, however, so you should win overall. :shake:

I think CMU has played slightly better. They have won the close games, and WMU has lost some close ones.

I will not be on the game, but if forced, I would go with WMU + the pts at home................

Son of a bitch, the total is down to 62. All the fuckin way down from 68.... I only locked in half my bet... I might tease the under with AZ st. or something... Yes, I'm fading my alma mater, our team is in shambles and I hope Dorell's ass gets fired..

ETG, RAmble, I'm playing the spread for FAR less then the total, no worries, gl tonight.

Glad I got the under at 66.5 earlier today, hard to believe this total was 68, what did they see that we didn't

our team is in shambles and I hope Dorell's ass gets fired..

Not to hijack the thread and go a different direction, but I think Dorell will get fired. My friend who is a die-hard UCLA fan and attends all of the spring practices, etc, said prior to the season that anything less than 10-2 was gonna be a disappointment, considering that 20 starters returned, 2 QB's w/experience, etc.

My question is, considering that UCLA is pretty cheap with their HC's (Donahue, Toledo, Dorrell, never made much), who do they realistically expect to get to come to Westwood? Will they pay a big-name HC? History says no.

I don't know how much better the replacement will be over Dorrell.

Not to hijack the thread and go a different direction, but I think Dorell will get fired. My friend who is a die-hard UCLA fan and attends all of the spring practices, etc, said prior to the season that anything less than 10-2 was gonna be a disappointment, considering that 20 starters returned, 2 QB's w/experience, etc.

My question is, considering that UCLA is pretty cheap with their HC's (Donahue, Toledo, Dorrell, never made much), who do they realistically expect to get to come to Westwood? Will they pay a big-name HC? History says no.

I don't know how much better the replacement will be over Dorrell.

In terms of budget, the same can be said for Ben Howland. How did we hire a premier East Coast Coach for a $800,000 a year? The answer is boosters and donations by affiliates. This effectively boosts Howland's pay a couple million big ones. If UCLA wants to dish out the money for a better head coach, they can and definitely will, just work the system. That's how UC colleges all are, fuckin cash cows that claim to have no money.

In terms of budget, the same can be said for Ben Howland. How did we hire a premier East Coast Coach for a $800,000 a year? The answer is boosters and donations by affiliates.

True, plus Howland knew that UCLA is a basketball school first and foremost. He knew he would have the backing of the boosters and that it would be easier to recruit at UCLA rather than stay at Pittsburgh. It was a win-win situation for everyone.

UCLA football, OTOH, is second in the city to USC. The Trojans are down a bit but the recruiting is still second to none. Carroll has locked down the entire state and there is pretty much nothing that UCLA with their high academic standards can do about it competing with Carroll and USC.

The potential coaching candidates know this.

Could somebody please tell me how some people think WMU is the play? Give me a reason for christ's sake!!! CMU's defense is not THAT bad. They got lit up by Clemson...so what? Clemson would light up WMU just as bad, if not worse.

CMU has defeated all MAC opponents this season by an average of 19 points/game (four teams thus far). A BAD Eastern Michigan team beat up on WMU last week (in guess what?...A RIVALRY GAME!), giving up ZERO points (WMU scored a safety).

IMO, you have to be crazy to bet on WMU. Rivalry or no, this offense has been struggling. LeFevour is a class above in the MAC right now.

Right now I hear it is starting to snow with some light rain. I'm not sure the weather is as bad as some make it out to be, but it will definitely effect the play calling of the game. Most likely to the run...

Aztec, I'm not going to try to convince you either way. I like the Chips and they have made me money in the MAC this whole year. However, tuesday night games are WACKY and I believe that WMU has very little to play for the rest of the year. That's why tonight means so much. It's a shitty team's superbowl as they would say. GL whatever you play.

TrueBlue, would you still play the under at 59.5 with it being nasty and cold out?

I saw that both teams average right at 30 ppg, so Im thinking they'll score less with the weather=more running and it being a rivalry game.

Whaddayathink?

I dont know. I like to play games based on value and at 59.5, that's a touchdown and almost a field goal worth of points you missed from not jumping on it when it opened. Sure you could play it and it might be a 27-24 game, but I'd probably tease it with a play that you really like on Saturday... how pissed would you be if it was a 61 point game? GL whatever you play.

Eff it, I'm playing the 59.5 under.

Cold, wet, wind chill about 25 degrees = low scoring, running the ball more football.

GL degenerates!:cheers:

The weather right now here is Cold and Windy but I wouldn't call it bad football weather. It's been drizzeling all day but Waldo Stadium has good field turf and other than wind gusts I don't see the weather being a factor.

I rarely post CFB, but I've been waiting for this game for some time..

I'm sure some of you are aware, but it's Tuesday night and there is a huge trend historically supporting the under... With this being a conference rival game and CMU coming off extended rest, both teams will definitely come out pumped up on both sides of the ball. The total between these teams has only reached 64 one time since 1997. Why is the total so high? I'm not quite sure, but CMU has been blowing MAC opponents out left and right this year, perhaps giving them the perception of a scoring machine. I'd like to also reiterate that this is a RIVAL game. No team on either side of ball lies flat. Home field advantage is also unfathomably huge. CMU has not beaten WMU on the road since 1993. Sure, WMU USED to be the MAC powerhouse, perhaps explaining the past home dominance, but history indicates that that the WMU crowd will be into this game. CMU has a fairly veteran squad wanting to win this game, but I'm not quite sure the weather conditions with a slushy field are favorable for a traveling team in a hostile environment. I expect a little more emphasis on the ground with tight play calling.

UNDER 64.5 - Largest Play of the year
WMU +3

Lets make this official. Im om Western +3 myself. 2 units.

GLTY

FUCK ME.

k, im done, I'm gonna swallow my tears, take the big black moose cock out of my ass and move on in life...

Horrible beat, bro.

I've been there before, but not on a huge bet.

Take a walk, get away from the computer, it'll pass.

Good health and good luck in the future. :shake:

FUCK ME.

k, im done, I'm gonna swallow my tears, take the big black moose cock out of my ass and move on in life...

Dude that was an absolutely brutal beat. What was it like 7-3 at the half?

I know the feeling man. You'll bounce back...........

It was 10 fucking 7 the start of the 4th fucking quarter!!!!

Argh, when it rains it pours. Had to spend $1000 on my Jeep today and now this.

I still felt good with like 6 minutes left in the game. Wasnt worried at all, then fucking WMU scores 14 points in 33 seconds.

FMUTA!

The Fucking Mac Is The Shadiest Fucking Conference In College Sports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of us saw, WMU WR Jamarko Simmons got ejected from the game just 8 mins into the game. He is not just their leading receiver with 75 catches, but he has a whopping 48 catches more than the 2nd leading pass catcher on the team!

He was a huge loss, and they still damn near won the game.

When something looks too good to be true (CMU -2.5/3) in college football betting, it usually is. In this case, CMU -2.5 won and CMU -3 was a push, but I would bet that if Simmons would have played the whole game, WMU would have won straight up............

Horrible game last night. I have been the unluckiest jackass the past few weeks. Lose by a .5 point in the NBA the last three nights. Lose last nights game with the under. Lose Pitt under 17.5 1st half when Balt gives Pitt threw turnovers in their own territory for 21 points. The shit never ends. Time for a break. This week has been a nightmare. I'm with you brother. :(

Back