Cleveland/Colorado & Texas/Detroit Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
MLB Parlay for June 16: A Bet That Pays (+301)

Cleveland Guardians vs. Colorado Rockies
Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 3:10 p.m. ET at Coors Field in Denver

Who Starts for Cleveland?

The Guardians start Triston McKenzie in today's game.

He has been one of his team's more profitable pitchers as the Guardians are yielding +2.15 units in his starts.

During his most recent stretch of play, McKenzie has done a good job of limiting opposing scoring.

McKenzie has allowed two earned runs or fewer in three of his last four starts.

His success has been consistent despite repeatedly having to start away from home.

What Pitches Does McKenzie Throw?

Coors Field is not like other ballparks.

Its high altitude limits the number of types of pitchers who are able to succeed at this venue.

Hence, Rockie pitchers tend to favor certain pitches over others.

Many Colorado starting pitchers focus on throwing a fastball and slider.

Fittingly for today, two of McKenzie's favorite pitches are his fastball and slider.

These pitches combine to make up nearly 80 percent of his arsenal.

I like McKenzie today particularly because he matches up well against Colorado batters.

They rank 25th against his pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Colorado?

Colorado starts Chad Kuhl who, performance-wise, has dropped off significantly after his strong first month of the season.

Kuhl's favorite pitches are suffering a massive decrease in effectivity.

A minor velocity decline may partly explain this decrease.

His two favorite pitches are his sinker and slider, which combine to make up about 78 percent of his arsenal.

So far in June, opponents are hitting .462 and slugging .538 against his sinker.

Moreover, they are hitting .357 and slugging .643 against his slider.

Kuhl vs. Guardian Batters

These current trends are particularly concerning because the Guardians already match up well with Kuhl.

They rank seventh in slugging against Kuhl's two favorite pitches combined from righties.

Right now, the Guardians are playing well overall.

Team rhythm is an important factor to consider in baseball betting because teams play almost every day, and how they play will tend to carry over from one game to the next.

Cleveland's current pattern is that it is tending to win games.

The Guardians have won six of their last seven games.

Their lineup is contributing greatly to this ongoing stretch of success

Most particularly, they've scored 22 runs in their past four games (37 innings) combined.

For example, look out for Jose Ramirez.

Ramirez enters today's game on a seven-game hitting streak.

Perhaps more impressively, he has earned at least one extra-base hit in all seven of those games.

Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers
Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 7:10 p.m. ET at Comerica Park in Detroit

Who Starts for Texas?

Texas starts Martin Perez for tonight's game.

Perez enjoys strong season-long numbers. However, it is a long season.

However, such stats like ERA can mislead one as to how a particular pitcher is performing during a given stretch of play.

So far, Perez is off to a terrible start in June. This is, by far, his worst month of the season.

He has almost allowed as many runs in two June starts as he had before this month.

Perez had made significant changes to his arsenal, becoming a new pitcher during the offseason.

However, his opponents are evidently catching up to this slightly modified Perez who is turning out to be at least as disappointing as he's always been during his subpar career.

Perez vs. Tiger Batters

Perez is pitching in just the wrong venue today in the sense that he would rather hope to turn things around by pitching in a favorable venue.

Detroit's Comerica Park is, however, intensely unfavorable to Perez.

In his career, Perez is 0-4 with an 8.71 ERA in five starts in Detroit.

Five different active Tiger batters are hitting over .300 in at least three career at-bats against Perez.

Look out, among others, for Victor Reyes who is 5-for-9 with a .778 slugging rate in his career facing Perez.

Who Starts for Detroit?

Detroit starts the steadily improving Beau Brieske.

This youngster is enjoying his best month of the season despite facing tough competition -- most recently, he allowed two runs in six innings in Yankee Stadium before shutting out Toronto over the course of 5.2 innings.

Brieske looks particularly promising tonight because Texas ranks 26thin slugging .345 against Brieske's favorite pitches.

Best Bet: Parlay Guardians ML at -128 & Tigers ML at +125 at +301 odds with BetOnline

When Perez had the lowest ERA in the bigs, I woulda put my kids entire college fund--approx $41 CAD--on a wager that he would end the season somewhere in the 4.50 range.

He's the dictionary definition of starting strong and then steadily declining as the season progresses.

GL today.

we see the tigers game bout the same. who knows if it will turn around tonight but the lack of HR tigers have hit vs lefties this year is comically bad and how crazy low Perez hr/fb rate been is equally unbelievable, feels like a game the dam could burst on both those things but baseball is goofy so i wouldnt bet my pretend kids college fund on it (he be so lucky to have $41 bucks in it! lol)..

we see the tigers game bout the same. who knows if it will turn around tonight but the lack of HR tigers have hit vs lefties this year is comically bad and how crazy low Perez hr/fb rate been is equally unbelievable, feels like a game the dam could burst on both those things but baseball is goofy so i wouldnt bet my pretend kids college fund on it (he be so lucky to have $41 bucks in it! lol)..
It's $41 Canadian...that's two nickels and a Chuck E Cheese token in US moolah.

Rest assured, I only start college funds for the ones I admit to.

Back