Clemson and LSU

Carolina Guy

Pretty much a regular
Every year Clemson (so it seems) gets blasted in a bowl game and every year I play them. After last year I swore AND took a blood oath to never play them again in the post season. The problem is I want to play them again!! :drooling:

Is Clemson like that girl I could never have but keep thinking I still have a shot with ? :searching:

Who y'all got?!

Well, we know what Clemson defense is gonna show up. Will the Mettzenberger from Alabama gam show up or the one from the Arkansas and other games show up?

I think it will be very similar to the USC/Clemson game.

LSU will control the time of possession, pace of the game, and win the battle in the trenches. This will lead to a 10-13 point win for LSU.

just saw ur post CG and took a quick look at this matchup
if one grades the respective teams the OL maybe bout even, DL edge goes to LSU, LB lsu, DB heavy to LSU, coaching LSU...imo...Clemson ranks in the nation’s top-10 in scoring offense (42 PPG, 6th) and total offense (518 YPG, 9th) thanks to QB Boyd (337 total YPG, 7th in FBS) and WR Hopkins (101 rec. YPG, 9th in nation). an always tuff LSU’s defense is allowing less than 17 PPG (11th in FBS) and 296 YPG (8th in nation). In non-home games this year, Clemson was 5-0 ATS, and LSU was 1-3 ATS. After last yrs embarrassing bowl losses where the Tigers gave up 70 pts, ouch, and Lsu loses to Bama, one has to wounder which team shows up. Overall, should be an interesting matchup with Clem wanting to pass and LSU wanting to run. I feel that Clemson keeps it close by hitting some long passes and wouldnt be surprised to see a backdoor cover or win. I think the present total of 59 is right on and could go either way but would lean over
GL CarolinaGuy

if one grades the respective teams the OL maybe bout even, DL edge goes to LSU, LB lsu, DB heavy to LSU, coaching LSU...imo...Clemson ranks in the nation’s top-10 in scoring offense (42 PPG, 6th) and total offense (518 YPG, 9th) thanks to QB Boyd (337 total YPG, 7th in FBS) and WR Hopkins (101 rec. YPG, 9th in nation). an always tuff LSU’s defense is allowing less than 17 PPG (11th in FBS) and 296 YPG (8th in nation). In non-home games this year, Clemson was 5-0 ATS, and LSU was 1-3 ATS. After last yrs embarrassing bowl losses where the Tigers gave up 70 pts, ouch, and Lsu loses to Bama, one has to wounder which team shows up. Overall, should be an interesting matchup with Clem wanting to pass and LSU wanting to run. I feel that Clemson keeps it close by hitting some long passes and wouldnt be surprised to see a backdoor cover or win. I think the present total of 59 is right on and could go either way but would lean over
GL CarolinaGuy

there is no way the OL for each team is even. LSU OL mauled SCar up front. Clemson obviously did not and could not.

I'm not grading the OL on one game etg but as a whole, imo the OL grades bout even in stats for the yr.
CU avg 6-4, 300, 1 Sr, 26 sk all’d (4.8%), 4.4 ypc.
LSU avg 6-5 316, 2 Sr, 26 sk all’d (7.8%), 4.3 ypc.

GL on whatever yall play

GL CarolinaGuy

solid as usual, bloodhound. Thx, bro.

Back