Clarify this Dr Bob crap for me.....

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
I asked last year at the beginning of the season, and no one could tell me what was so great about him....

You guys started posting his plays and all I saw was a very consistent losing record week after week....

I know for sure he had Georgia Tech over Fresno State in the Bowl Game, and I had a huge play posted on Fresno State Money Line......that is when knew this guy Dr. Bob was driving a clown car in a car suit......

Explain to me who this guy is, why the love for him, and why the love for a guy who lost what? The first 12 weeks last year???

I am so confused.:cheers::cheers:

Edit Note: If you guys know Dr. Bob, sorry, I am not trying to bash him, just don't get what is going on......

Edit Note Again: Ok you guys may know him, and i came across as bashing, but seriously seems we are touting a guy with a losing record whose services are paid.....arent we supposed to post our own insight and strong plays? I have more faith in CTGs members than a DR Bob with no post history here.

tout. the reason we tracked it so much last year is because he moved lines a LOT. and because it was thursday afternoon, and we all wanted to shoot the shit instead of working

tout. the reason we tracked it so much last year is because he moved lines a LOT. and because it was thursday afternoon, and we all wanted to shoot the shit instead of working
:cheers::cheers::36_11_6::36_11_6:

That response answered everything:36_11_6:

i mean it was clockwork. he'd release and boom, lines everywhere would move a couple points. it was well worth thinking about when shopping lines and trying to decide when to put them in. i imagine with his awful record last year, he will move lines much less this year

He has a good long term record HG. Taht is how he got a bunch of clients and became a phenom. He ahd writeups in the wallstreet journal and a piece on him on espn 360. He has a large customer base. Last year he did have a losing year but it is just one year. As cappers we know what short term fluctuation can do. In his defense , he did have more unlucky losses than wins last year. So for you ... all you got to see was his bad year but he has had many good years.

Because of his good years , his client base is large and it moves lines when he releases. Will be interesting to see if the moves are as large this year since he did have such a terrible 2007. I defended the guy all last year while he was being bashed for his selections and do so again. Not defending his toutness , just his ability. One bad season doesn't make a career anymore than one good one does.

On a side note , i bet your boys today , they better not let me down.

He has a good long term record HG. Taht is how he got a bunch of clients and became a phenom. He ahd writeups in the wallstreet journal and a piece on him on espn 360. He has a large customer base. Last year he did have a losing year but it is just one year. As cappers we know what short term fluctuation can do. In his defense , he did have more unlucky losses than wins last year. So for you ... all you got to see was his bad year but he has had many good years.

Because of his good years , his client base is large and it moves lines when he releases. Will be interesting to see if the moves are as large this year since he did have such a terrible 2007. I defended the guy all last year while he was being bashed for his selections and do so again. Not defending his toutness , just his ability. One bad season doesn't make a career anymore than one good one does.

On a side note , i bet your boys today , they better not let me down.
ah good stuff as always vegas, seeing his threads every week was like an itch i couldnt scratch......now i get it.

thanks for the video mogo too.....:cheers:

vegas your one of the few that I know that had a good year last year. I had my worst year since probably my freshman year of college last year. That was over 10 years ago.

Damn I feel old reading that.

vegas your one of the few that I know that had a good year last year. I had my worst year since probably my freshman year of college last year. That was over 10 years ago.

Damn I feel old reading that.

You're still a young pup. That was 15-16 years ago for me. Jebus.

Last year was just bad all around for most CFB bettors. Results just didn't roll out like they should have. Little consistency.

The thing that bothers me is that he provides epic novels to accompany his picks that are based on a mathematical model.

Too many bells and whistles to say this number is off by x, therefore it is a play.

I suppose it wouldn't be good for business if he just gave out numbers, so at least when he gives a loser, those that paid for the picks can rest easier at night knowing that their losing plays were accompanied by a bunch of blabbering bull shit.

Back