CL Final Group Stage Plays from North of the Border

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Interesting situation games but there are a few to avoid because some teams might be a little too desperate.

Olympiacos vs Werder Bremen
Over 2.75 @ 1.935 $500 to win $467.50
I firmly believe this game will at least have 3 goals. Bremen cannot defend at all and now playing in a very difficult Greek stadium, their defense will be very shaky. I expect them to get on the scoreboard no doubt, but Olympiacos will be no pushovers. The Greeks won the first meeting convincingly 3-1 and will look at that performance as a push to try and move onto the 2nd round. This group stage is very open with all 4 teams still having chances to progress into the next stage. I'm basing this bet primarily on Bremen scoring at least that 1 road goal. Olympiacos should be able to get on the scoreboard in their own ground but would like to see Bremen score first so the game can open up.

Fenerbache vs CSKA Moscow
Fenerbache -1.5 @ 1.909 $300 to win $272.70

Kook spotted this one. This is a great spot for the Turkish side to complete their impressive CL form. PSV still has a chance to progress but they play Inter at home. I prefer the chances of the Turkish squad playing very well infront of their home fans. Fenerbache are also coming off a HUGE 2-0 victory over Galatassaray in their heated derby. Not a lot of people will realize how huge a derby that is so a big win there should carry positive momentum vs a very depleted Moscow squad who practically were not going to do anything without Akinfeev in net. Their defense is terrible and knowning both Jo and Vagner Love are out gives the Turkish side even more incentive to finish the deed.

Locked those in already, will be back for more. Keeping close tabs on Chelsea vs Valencia

The Olympiacos - Werder game it a tough one my man...

Olympiacos will not have their captain and great player Djorjevic, He's a BIG loss to this team at the moment and I think that this game is going to be under... But I like the Fener bet

The Olympiacos - Werder game it a tough one my man...

Olympiacos will not have their captain and great player Djorjevic, He's a BIG loss to this team at the moment and I think that this game is going to be under... But I like the Fener bet

Hmmm, well i'll have to hope Bremen know how to play well on the road then. I still think the Greeks can catch Bremen off guard. I read some team news that Olympiacos is missing a few key players. But playing at home will at least be some sort of advantage as oppose to playing in Bremen.

Thanks for the heads up, was going to continue to add more on this play but I will settle for this right now. Good Luck!

I agree...

I'm Originally from Greece and my club is Olympiacos...

It's basically DO or DIE for the team and the owner and fans want them to progress in Europe... I'm going to grab

OLYMPIACOS X
LIVERPOOL 2

i'm very curious with this Bremen/Olympiacos total. On pinnacle, both squads have a team total set at 1.5 but both are plus money....little strange considering the Over is at 2.75

oh and Valencia have now moved down to +0.5 so without further a due

Chelsea/Valencia Draw @ 3.410 $150 to win $361.50

Sucker bet huh :D

Well I think they win here. Marseille needs a draw and is really not a good team, so I don't think they'll win this one, so it's either a draw or an away win here, and in that case I'm not so sure this is a sucker bet.

Leaning Olympiakos as well...

GL Mike

hehe well the whole world is on Liverpool and i don't like those odds anyways especially when they are threading around 1.80ish.

adding:

Real Madrid Over 2 team goals @ 1.714 $500 to win 357.14

The whole world is not on Liverpool. Had they beaten Reading, perhaps, but as far as I can notice half of the world is saying Liverpool are better and will win tonight and the other half is talking about Rafa's last days on the bench and how Liverpool won't win at Velodrome.

If this was a better Marseille team, from one of their recent seasons, I would be the first to jump on them tonight, trust me. But they're quite weak. But then again, so were Reading...

Tough call, skipping it bettingwise.

aight i played quite a lot, lol i hope i don't get shot for it. Recap

Olympiacos/Werder Bremen Over 2.75 $500 to win $467.50
Chelsea/Valencia Draw $150 to win $361.50
Real Madrid Over 2 Team Goals $500 to win 357.14
Chelsea Under 1.5 Team Goals $200 to win $186.92

Rosenborg Over 0.5 Team Goals $300 to win 277.78

Parlay:
Chelsea/Valencia Under 2.5
Real Madrid/Lazio Over 2.75
Olympiacos/Werder Bremen Over 2.75

rotate
Marseille +0.5 $50 to win $512
Liverpool -0.5 $50 to win $502

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">1 Petr Cech (G)</td><td align="right">(G) Santiago Canizares 1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">22 Tal Ben-Haim (D)</td><td align="right">(D) Ivan Helguera 15</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">18 Wayne Bridge (D)</td><td align="right">(D) Carlos Marchena 5</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">20 Paulo Ferreira (D)</td><td align="right">(D) Luis Miguel 23</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">26 John Terry (D)</td><td align="right">(D) Emiliano Moretti 24</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">5 Michael Essien (M)</td><td align="right">(M) Raul Albiol 4</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">8 Frank Lampard (M)</td><td align="right">(M) David Silva 21</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">24 Shaun Wright-Phillips (M)</td><td align="right">(M) Stephen Sunday 2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">21 Salomon Kalou (F)</td><td align="right">(M) Rodriguez Vicente 14</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">14 Claudio Pizarro (F)</td><td align="right">(F) Fernando Morientes 9</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="left">7 Andriy Shevchenko (F)</td><td align="right">(F) David Villa 7</td></tr></tbody></table>

im seeing 1-1 here mike. i really dont think that either team can put up two goals. valencia is on the road and chelsea doesn't have drogba.

ok i'm hopeful to at least see a 3 goal game in Greece, can see a 2-1 game, not too sure for which side though lol. GOod Luck!

PSV vs Inter Milan
Under 2.5 @ 1.806 $300 to win $241.94
Inter have progressed and PSV are desperate. However, how often do we see Inter Milan as an underdog? Only reason is because of the injuries and the lack of importance for this match. Inter are without several key players who were already sidelined for the past few weeks so the key absence will be that of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Walter Samuel and Nicolas Burdisso who are all banned. Inter have clinched top spot no matter what, they have lost one game all year and that was against Fenerbache. I don't rate PSV any better than Fenerbache. The Dutch are coming off a humiliating loss to Roda at home on the weekend, they have an IMPORTANT match vs Ajax this weekend for the top of the table clash. The team lacks any experienced players they use to have. I suggest not to compare the older PSV to this one because the coaches and systems have changed. I think we can see only a 2 goal game here. Inter should be satisfied with a draw.

Barcelona vs Stuttgart
Barcelona -1.25 @ 1.962 $500 to win $480.77
Line is juiced up at -1. I really think Barcelona at least win this one. Stuttgart have nothing to play for but pride. Barcelona don't have any reason to go nuts but they are playing for form as they play Valencia and Real Madrid in their next 2 matches. Barca have Deco and Eto'o back in the line up so expect those 2 to pick it up to make sure they are on form for important matches ahead. Barcelona have won all their home games this season including 8 in La Liga. They have yet to conceed a goal in the CL at the Nou Camp and just reading the reports about Stuttgart's motivation...majority of them are just thrilled to be able to play in the Nou Camp. I think the key motivation for Stuttgart is not to get hammered and score at least a goal. Well when you score at least a goal expect Barca to pay back with another goal. Real Madrid won convincingly yesterday and usually whenever Real Madrid get a positive result, Barca like to shadow it. Expect a 3-0 or 3-1 type of game.

ok here are my final plays

I have Fenerbache -1.5 on 2 different lines

Fenerbache -1.5 @ 1.909 $200 to win $181.82
Fenerbache -1.5 @ 1.714 $700 to win $500
PSV/Inter Under 2.5 @ 1.806 $300 to win 241.94
Barcelona -1.25 @ 1.962 $500 to win $480.77

That's funny I just added Barcelona too so I'm officially playing the same sides as everybody who posts on this board. The reason I pulled the trigger on Barca is the quote from their coach on the UEFA website saying how he expects it to be a wide open game seeing as Stuttgart has nothing to lose. If that's the case Barca even playing some scrubs will be able to put at least 2 on them. Let's cash this one! :cheers:

'Wonderful open game'
With Deco having returned to the Barcelona lineup as a substitute in Sunday's 2-1 Primera División win against RC Deportivo La Coruña after six weeks out with a thigh problem, and with Samuel Eto'o having played just twice this term due to a similar injury, Neeskens believes both players will take another step on the road to full fitness against Stuttgart. "Our intention is to rest Víctor Valdés and Lionel Messi while ensuring valuable time for returning players like Deco and Samuel Eto'o," he said. "Hopefully the lack of pressure will lead to a wonderful open game, which is rare because our opponents so often come to defend at Camp Nou."

<!--googleon: index-->

I had to add one more

Arsenal -1.5 @ 1.926 $500 to win $462.96

Arsenal have a big game ahead vs Chelsea, they need a positive result here to pick up the slight drop of form. Sure they are without Fabregas and Hleb, but do not forget, there are still players such as Rosicky, Van Persie, Gallas, Toure, Bendtner and Walcott. Arsenal have not conceeded this season and will some how find a way to scrape through.

Back