Circle Your Calendars

Tell me about it

This looks to be the spot play of the season. Let me break it down.

Ducks are on the road as we speak (11/16-11/25). They beat StL for the first victory in 6 games. They travel Blues Caps Panthers Lightning. After STL it’s all east coast time and against teams that will give them a fight. So after the Tampa game, presumably, they fly back to Anaheim. They’ve just spent 9-10 days on the road, eastern time zone, flying around, staying in hotels, etc etc. they get back to Anaheim and have the 24th off. Then the very next day they get a tough islanders team. I don’t think their bodies will be adjusted or will they be very focused. I think this is one the Ducks mail in big time.

Islanders will actually have been out west already when the ducks get back in town. They play the sharks on the 23rd and then have the 24th off.

Plus the flight east to west is longer than the flight west to east.

This looks to be the spot play of the season. Let me break it down.

Ducks are on the road as we speak (11/16-11/25). They beat StL for the first victory in 6 games. They travel Blues Caps Panthers Lightning. After STL it’s all east coast time and against teams that will give them a fight. So after the Tampa game, presumably, they fly back to Anaheim. They’ve just spent 9-10 days on the road, eastern time zone, flying around, staying in hotels, etc etc. they get back to Anaheim and have the 24th off. Then the very next day they get a tough islanders team. I don’t think their bodies will be adjusted or will they be very focused. I think this is one the Ducks mail in big time.

Islanders will actually have been out west already when the ducks get back in town. They play the sharks on the 23rd and then have the 24th off.

Plus the flight east to west is longer than the flight west to east.
Sounds like a guy I know over in NBA forum that loves to cap this way. Great stuff!

If the ducks can muster 2 wins in a row before this game and islanders could lose 1 that would be nice for value purposes.

Let's also mention the Ducks were absolutely manhandled (literally) and embarrassed last night in Washington. The spot lines up as an advantageous play but guys like Gibson are capable of stealing a game here and there. I also think the Isles have been a tad lucky over this streak and could be due for a minor correction. Although their underlying analytics suggest they are for real, a few of these tight, 1 goal wins could go the other way soon.

Let's also mention the Ducks were absolutely manhandled (literally) and embarrassed last night in Washington. The spot lines up as an advantageous play but guys like Gibson are capable of stealing a game here and there. I also think the Isles have been a tad lucky over this streak and could be due for a minor correction. Although their underlying analytics suggest they are for real, a few of these tight, 1 goal wins could go the other way soon.
I guess we will find out when they return to the Pond

Teams back home off a road trip are always a great angle. I also feel in addition to line value, if they picked up a few wins, it's a great let-down spot also.

Back