Cincinnati at Hawaii- Paging DMoney, HawaiiGuy, and Other

JML4481

Pretty much a regular
Someone talk me out of dumping a boat load on Hawaii +7.5?!?!

Nati' wrapped up a Big East Championship, an automatic BCS Bowl, and now get a vacation to one of the most beautiful places in the world before they begin Bowl practices.....Seriously, someone, help

:popcorn::cheers:

yup looks like a vacation game for cincy.

Still they could sleepwalk and maybe cover and not sure i trust brian kelly to NOT have his kids ready.

But i think you are right .. the spot reeks of a hawaii play.

spot is good for Hawaii, yes...I watch the Hawaii games though this year and they seem to have zero fan support...granted when the BCS teams come at the end of the year the crowd is bigger, but that means from a very little crowd to a so-so crowd...I just have a very, very tough time going against Brian Kelly in any game...Nevada was -4 at Hawaii and now Cincy is 7.5?...I just can't pull the trigger but understand why people are playing Hawaii this week...the WAC is going to probably send their shadiest officials to do the game...going to sit in my hotel lobby
in Cali. with my coaching staff (and hopefully some hot sluttly girls)and just watch this one...GL to those who play the game...

spot is good for Hawaii, yes...I watch the Hawaii games though this year and they seem to have zero fan support...granted when the BCS teams come at the end of the year the crowd is bigger, but that means from a very little crowd to a so-so crowd...I just have a very, very tough time going against Brian Kelly in any game...Nevada was -4 at Hawaii and now Cincy is 7.5?...I just can't pull the trigger but understand why people are playing Hawaii this week...the WAC is going to probably send their shadiest officials to do the game...going to sit in my hotel lobby
in Cali. with my coaching staff (and hopefully some hot sluttly girls)and just watch this one...GL to those who play the game...

slutty is more important than hot in that scenario .......

Has anyone mentioned Kelly's flirting with HC jobs @ UDub and (possibly) ND as another possible distraction?

I trust Kelly A LOT to have his team prepared for this one. With so much time left before the BCS game, I think the kids give it a pretty good effort. I'm not going to lie, the thought of already going to the BCS game and going to Hawaii has to be somewhat of a distraction for Cinci but damn I am suckered in on this line.

Might be smart to take Hawaii on the ML here. I have a feeling that either Cinci comes out motivated and destroys Hawaii or doesn't give a fuck at all and gets destroyed themselves

Players have been solid all year. Motivation still should be on the Cincinatti sideline. This team has a chance to finish very high in the final ballad. A loss here sends them very low in the top 25 with ground to make up.

Even in a bad spot, Cincy should win this game easily - but as we have seen in the past, it all depends on the officials in this game.

Even in a bad spot, Cincy should win this game easily - but as we have seen in the past, it all depends on the officials in this game.

I don't think Hawaii gets to use their "Home Refs" anymore...MFers were more crooked than MAC refs....:36_11_6:

Washington State had 11 sacks for the ENTIRE Year......

They sacked Hawaii's QB 5 times, and made him scramble 14 times........

Like i said last year going into the Sugar Bowl.....Hawaii played such weak competition their Offensive Line problems were covered up.......Colt Brennan was sacked 7 times in the first half......

Hawaii has played arguably the 4 worst teams in the nation in a row : WASU, IDAHO, NMSU, UTAH STATE.....

Hawaii's Offensive Line is a wreck......any team that plays defense, like Cincy, is going to shut Hawaii out.......See Boise State (7), SJST (17), Oregeon State (7), Florida (10) (charitable TD)........

The Officials are PAC-10, Since Michigan State debacle 5 years ago, no WAC officials are used for Hawaii games........

You guys think Cincy isnt motivated because of the BCS? No fugging way......

What about Hawaii? It was almost a State Holiday that Hawaii beat WASU and got to 7 wins so they could go to their own darn bowl game.......

I predict a trampling......lot of hype that Hawaii beat 3 of 4 teams with a combined record of 5-36 against DI-A opponents.....

Cincy 42 Hawaii 13

Cincy -7 (120) large

Like i said last year going into the Sugar Bowl.....Hawaii played such weak competition their Offensive Line problems were covered up.......Colt Brennan was sacked 7 times in the first half......

Hawaii has played arguably the 4 worst teams in the nation in a row : WASU, IDAHO, NMSU, UTAH STATE.....

Hawaii's Offensive Line is a wreck......any team that plays defense, like Cincy, is going to shut Hawaii out.......See Boise State (7), SJST (17), Oregeon State (7), Florida (10) (charitable TD)........

The Officials are PAC-10, Since Michigan State debacle 5 years ago, no WAC officials are used for Hawaii games........

What about Hawaii? It was almost a State Holiday that Hawaii beat WASU and got to 7 wins so they could go to their own darn bowl game.......

I predict a trampling......lot of hype that Hawaii beat 3 of 4 teams with a combined record of 5-36 against DI-A opponents.....

Cincy 42 Hawaii 13

Cincy -7 (120) large

:cheers:

Cincy 42 Hawaii 13

Cincy -7 (120) large

There he is ... good stuff as usual

IMO this is not classic Hawaii team

Lesser team this year compared to last years

Big Ten teams have gone their in past last game, Wisconsin, Michigan State and had to GRIND for a win

------Hawaii can't run. Cincy pass D great

Kelly and troops had no reason to beat Syracuse but they did

IMO a Hawaii play is solely situational

The more fundamental solid play is Nati because this is a -17 -21 spread in the states on a neutral site

Kelly will have his boys ready

Nati not sure thing but more likely they show up 3/4ths of their ability and cover then not

Someone needs to confirm that Cincy is only going to play their starters for one quarter......

I find this hard to believe, being that there is a ONE MONTH layoff before the BCS game........

I played Hawaii vs WSU and naturally HG is correct . Hawaii just struggled to much with a bottomfeeder from the PAC -10. The countless missed opps to pound WASH ST was seemingly missed everytime after the 14-0 1st Quarter . Dont see Hawaii having home field edge in the sense they play statiscially better ball at home ...Looking at Cincy in other road games this line seems way soft . Have to think Cincy is about -14 to -16 on a neutral field so anything less then 10 seems real cheap...

Just my take but think HG has this so right. As long as Cincy plays it starters:cheers:

Thanks for the insight guys....gonna pass on this one now barring anything crazy....good discussion...Gonna get ready for bowl season. GLTA

Link to CIncy papers and Coach on the wet blankets website......

CINCY MUST WIN to improve their BCS positioning to the highest possible BCS Game........

This ain't no bye game........

They are coming here to play and win big.......

Not sure you agree but see Hawaii at Boise State a similiar type game . One issue is the starting QB has changed for the Bows and well difference in offenses of Cincy(pass) and Boise State(run) . Two sound fundamental teams who play very good defense and force teams into mistakes ...

Only knock I see is Cincy doesnt put teams away .....would like no higher then TD here but 28-17 will do

hawaiiguy,

any reason Pilares didn't get any carries or catch any passes last week?...I think he's their best offensive threat...if you have any info. on that I'd appreciate it...hope you are well my Hawaiian friend...

hawaiiguy,

any reason Pilares didn't get any carries or catch any passes last week?...I think he's their best offensive threat...if you have any info. on that I'd appreciate it...hope you are well my Hawaiian friend...

Hawaii was without its leading scorer, running back Kealoha Pilares (foot), and top defensive back Ryan Mouton (ankle) but didn't need them.:shake:

thanks for that info. sportsnut...hadn't read that injury info. on any reports...if they want to have a chance this week, they will need both of these guys...

thanks for that info. sportsnut...hadn't read that injury info. on any reports...if they want to have a chance this week, they will need both of these guys...

That was just a cut and paste so not my words . I agree and didnt even realize that Pilares missed , damn college injuries are impossible to figure at times but thats why the game moved from 28.5 to 27.5 probably . Knew something was up all day and couldnt figure it but someone knew...:shake:

Hey fellas...just thought I'd chime in with a few thoughts.

I've attended both of the past two Hawaii games, the wins over Idaho and Washington State. Random fyi, it was friggin' cold and a little rainy...but for some reason, I actually LIKE going to those type of games. Now don't get me wrong, I would never want to go to a snow game or a thunderstorm game, but the cold and windy air/slight rain games..ooooh baby.

Anyways, gotta agree a bit with what pags mentioned, the fan support isn't really there. Granted the past two games the weather was a bit bad BUT shit, if we were anything close to last year or the year before's teams the student section still would've been packed. Instead it has been dreadfully empty as of late. Washington State actually had a ton of fans there, it was pretty impressive actually. Speaking to a few of them, they were straight up honest that they knew their team was bad BUT they said they were going down fightin' with them til the end. any and every positive play Wazzou had made their fans erupt, gotta admire that.

This past week Alexander's throws were off quite a bit, he could not connect on the sideline deep pass/lob at all. Again, that could say something that the moment we step up to a Pac-10 team (albeit one of the worst) we suddenly can't pass for shit. And yes, our offensive line was pretty bad, Alexander was scrambling from the start of the game.

Having watched Alexander play the past two games, I'll say one thing I noticed about him. A lot of times when he drops back to pass he tends to stare down the side of the field he's going to pass to. He doesn't necessarily stare down a receiver BUT he does stare down the whole side of the field. In the Idaho game it was like he was only going through his first or second progression...and not willing to proceed further. Expected those WRs were able to get open against that Idaho D but last week when it was Wazzou it was happening like that...and Alexander was getting chased a lot...because of course it has already been noted our O-Line still needs work.

Also, despite having won these past two games both Idaho and Wazzou have been able to have some nice runs against us. Like both times I watched the UH defense I said "Damn, if only Idaho (or Wazzou) had a solid RB they could probably just pound through all game".

I kind of get the feeling Cincy comes down here and controls the clock on us, and with their solid defense keeps us off the field. Idk, wild guess I'm thinking Cincy 38 - Hawaii 17

the fan support isn't really there

what you mean the big Somoan's aren't trying to pick fight's with the visitor's

Remember the Wisconsin game wasn't that the one

Classless fans some of the HAwaii fans are

Not you CharlieBX

Link to CIncy papers and Coach on the wet blankets website......

CINCY MUST WIN to improve their BCS positioning to the highest possible BCS Game........

This ain't no bye game........

They are coming here to play and win big.......

My sources tell me Cinnci wants to make a statement in this game to get best possible bowl bid

Per Cincinatti Press Conference held this morning as reported on ESPN 1420 AM Hawaii Radio:

- Kelly will NOT leave Cincy after meeting with the AD this morning and agreeing on facility upgrades.

- Kelly has noted to team that this is not a bye week, they are gunning to be the first 11 Win Team in the History of Cincy.

- Team has made a commitment to finish the season Top 10, which means beating Hawaii and whoever their BCS opponent is......

- Kelly booked Hawaii 2 years ago for the extra game exemption to make his team better. His agenda has not changed, this is a Business trip.

Does not apply much to this game, but i was at the last Cincy vs Hawaii game........and it was UGLY........

Without a doubt......Cincy started the fight with a hit on Tammy Chang well after the whistle into his knee while he was just standing there......

BUT......Hawaii players and fans took it to a whole new level of hostiliy.......

Cincy fans took it in the chin in the stands and in Waikiki........Bad blood.......

I dont think any of the mass boosters or fans who are coming to Hawaii are gonna let the team forget one of the biggest brawls in NCAA history......

LINK TO HAWAII VS CINCINATTI BRAWL

I'm gonna be at this game. Looking at the line I thought it was a complete joke. Although I read somewhere that Cincinnati is lacking motivation besides a chance for a first time in history, 11 game winning season. Based on HG's facts stated above I suppose we could throw this in the trash. Cinci giving 7.5 is rather humorous even if Hawaii plays a very solid game. I see this as a blowout. Hopefully there will be some good action there.

If there's one thing ppl must know about majority of people living in Hawaii is that in these type of situations, things are never forgotten. You find some long time Hawaii fans drunk while seeing some Cinci fans, expect something to happen. I don't know what it is either but, if you're a "white mainlander" then definitely stay clear of drunk haters. Say one thing wrong, look at them the wrong way, expect to either get your ass kicked or sent to the hospital. Everyone thinks they're some type of MMA fighter or just need to release some rage on some bad blood history.

Anyway, like HG said...Cinci in a blowout. (I will most likely play Cinci -6.5 -130)

Great thread guys...

I leaned UH situationally at first but even this situation isn't there...its Cats or no play.

Pounding Cincy -7.............live from the Vegas strip.

C'mon Bearcats!!!!!!

If they get it done it will be Ketel One all night at Hard Rock.

GL all!

anyone got any updates? i gotta head to the game in 15 min, haven't really looked into it anymore but still liking Cinci with rising line

Back