Churchill Downs - Kentucky OAKS Friday card...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Lots of big races today. Unfortunately, it's shaping up to be a pretty chalky day for me.

Race 1 - I like the '6' to win, but at 3-to-2, I don't see necessary value to bet him to win.

Going with the 6 and 5 on top of 6-5-2-4 in the exactas and tris and using 6 and 5 in the early double with 6 and 5....

GL!
:cheers:

Thanks Jump. Pretty excited about it.

Nothing good in the first race.

More chalk in the second.

6/5 with 6/5/2/1 with 6/5/2/1.

I'm liking the 5 (French Kiss) to win. This is her second off a six-month plus layoff (Hartlage 33 percent winners in this spot), and she checked in a G-II last time out. Her top career speed figure was on this main track last fall when she broke her maiden.

GL...<small></small>

Scary, I was thinking of not betting the first and maybe 4th. I've had my eye on French Kiss too, but wasn't going to pull the trigger. Maybe I will now.

Exacta paid $13.20. Bleh. Tri paid $37.40.

More bleh. But it's been a chalky start... Beats the alternative, however.

Last non-stakes race is coming.

I'm using the 5 (Indian Nickel, currently 3-to-1 co-fave)... He tracked from the rail throughout in his last race. He finished second, in a picture. He's a $150K purchase out of Indian Charlie, who had a lot of speed. Ronny [SIZE=-1]Werner is a good conditioner with his young horses, and this one only needs to move up slightly to get his picture taken today.

Using the first-time starter, the 9, on top with him.

5/9 with 5/9/7/10 with 5/9/7/10

GL today Matty; anything stand out to you?[/SIZE]<small></small>

No good in the fourth. Passed the Turf Sprint, as I wasn't impressed with anyone in the field. I liked the '3' the best, Julien's horse, and he might still be running.

In the sixth, I realize the chalk (1-to-2 right now) is gonna be tough to beat, but I'll try the '2' horse (Lear's Princess) to win. She[SIZE=-1] returns to the main track after a couple of losses on turf. Was a solid second two back to Dreaming of Anna in the G3 Endeavour off a 3 1/2 month break but regressed last out, checking in fourth while catching yielding ground. She won the G1 Gazelle and finished second in the G1's Alabama and CCA Oaks as a 3-year old on the dirt, so I like the switch back to the main track here. Bounce back probable. Betting her to win and keying her in exotics...[/SIZE]

Nice little downpour at the track about 25-30 minutes before post in the sixth. Didn't impact the chalk, though. She was quite impressive.

Using the 1 and 2 on top of the 6 and 7 in exotics in the seventh on the grass. Should be a "GOOD" condition for the turf, which drains very well.

GL...

Pure Clan is my horse today Rexy...BIG

3/7/8/11 in the 10th today and I played 11 to win HUGE

What are your thoughts on Big Brown tomorrow. I clearly think he's the best horse in the field tomorrow, but I just think the 20 is too much to overcome.

Matty - Against you in the Oaks. The track is going to come up muddy or sloppy; Bsharpsonata will have something to say about the early pace. She's won three straight on dirt and should have the pedigree to make it 9 furlongs.

Using the 10 and 1 on top of the 10/1/8/7...

Not sure about the 20 being a big deal; the connections prefer it out there because then all of the speed is to their inside. I'm not a Big Brown fan; hard to include any horses with three starts or less going into the Derby - look at Curlin last year. I'm not sold on my Derby horse yet. Going to dissect it a little more tonight.

Hey REx - love these two days each year.

Take a look at the 7 horse in the #9 turf race.

Have to go with Country star in the Oaks.

Interested to see your picks in the Derby. I have never checked out your horse picks before, but I bet they good.

Good luck and enjoy

Thought about Bsharpsonata, but just sticking with my gut instinct that Pure Clan will get this with a late close.

Hopefully we're both in some money.

I agree with the speed to the inside and do think with Gayego and recapturetheglory to the immediate left it will help, but if he's stuck 4 wide out there I'm not sure what to think.

this is up in the air cause of the weather right now. With it this sloppy i'm to see how much it dry's out. Although I'd like 10/2/6/9

Sorry fellas. Longest shot on the board set a reasonable pace and was the best horse in the Crown Royal. I had a small bet on the 7.

I am betting the 10 with the 1,7,8 in the Oaks... Exactas, Tris, Supers... also throwing in the 6 on bottom of a couple of small tickets.

Got some small exacta love up there, but not much... Loser on the day.

Using the 7 in the last race...

7 with 10,11,3...

GL, back in the morning with Derby stuff...

Back