Chris Petersen to Washington

KowboyKarl

Live. Breathe. Blue.
Looked for awhile like he may never leave Boise...now, he's headed to Washington, according to ESPN's Joe Schad.

I think this worked out quite well for Washington as I'd personally much rather have Petersen over Sarkisian.

Huge week for Washington. Sarkisian, who was average, left for a rival school and they hired one of the best coaches in CFB to replace him. No buyout either.

Couldn't Peterson have taken a "better" job? How many of these Boise Kids transfer now.

Couldn't Peterson have taken a "better" job? How many of these Boise Kids transfer now.
He hates the media...USC was never a fit....has a special needs kid...likes the NW....great facilities up there...has to recruit Cali...

has a good team coming back so I bet he wins right away which would be a huge help on a recruiting jump

Pete's a great fit for UW. Jump nailed his story, I think his child has had a huge impact on him growing roots in Boise. He will not be a Hawkins repeat IMHO.

I agree with Jump as the reasons that Peterson wasn't a fit for USC

He could have continued to win conference titles, and be in the conversation of national playoffs with Boise, and now he is going have to vastly overachieve to compete for a conference title. Not sure I understand the move from Peterson's perspective ( unless the money was too much to pass up, I know he loves the NW).

Hope Washington people don't think he is going to deliver conference titles

I agree with Jump as the reasons that Peterson wasn't a fit for USC

He could have continued to win conference titles, and be in the conversation of national playoffs with Boise, and now he is going have to vastly overachieve to compete for a conference title. Not sure I understand the move from Peterson's perspective ( unless the money was too much to pass up, I know he loves the NW).

Hope Washington people don't think he is going to deliver conference titles

Why? I really think he could do it, especially with the players Sark has piled up there. He will definitely need to maintain Sark's level of recruiting, if he can't do that it will be a tough road for him.

Is this the end of Boise? Hawkins and Peterson did an amazing thing in Boise, but those staff's are all but gone now. Who carries on the legacy?

I'm surprised CP is going to UDub for the simple fact, this guy could've named his team and the conference he wanted to be in. Sure, he's a little more private and doesn't like the spotlight, but there's 10 jobs where he could've stayed out of the media as much as UDub. The Huskies are in a brutally tough conference which poises itself on making a run every few years as opposed to being a "contender" year in, year out. Boise has always won with getting system kids and guys who had a chip on their shoulder because PAC12 or Big 12 schools didn't want them. It'll be interesting to see if CP goes the way of Urban Meyer (Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, tOSU) or the way of Dan Hawkins (Boise, Colorado, Montreal Alouettes).

Why? I really think he could do it, especially with the players Sark has piled up there. He will definitely need to maintain Sark's level of recruiting, if he can't do that it will be a tough road for him.

It's like coaching Arkansas in the SEC. Every 5-6 years they will have a team that will have enough to compete for a title

Right now I'd put USC, OREGON, Stanford, UCLA , and ASU ahead of them.

I agree with Braves. I'll be very surprised if Peterson has much success in Wash. He's a likable guy but I'm not sure he's an elite football coach.

Yeah I don't know if Peterson is greasy enough to recruit with the big boys

Interesting hire for sure

Keep in mind also, facility wise, UDub is behind Oregon, USC, ASU, UCLA, Utah, Stanford, Colorado, and maybe Oregon St.

Coach Hawk was on siriusXM yesterday telling everybody they are best friends (he still lives in Boise) and he wasn't going anywhere. Qualified it with, "but we don't talk football; only life and kids."

I've been to every campus when i used to Coach in Pac 10. UDub isn't bad, but the rest of the conference is that good.

I honestly don't know.... But, really??? Hard to believe.

Probably true. Utah isn't even getting full revenue yet from the PAC and they just built an awesome new football facility. Hoops is on deck I believe. Colorado built a nice hoops facility several years ago(been in it, very nice) but I think their football facility is a little behind. Someone that follows UW correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe they have anything as nice as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLrED68g6M

Forgive the cheesy narrative by Anderson but it shows what MWC money can buy. Hopefully the PAC revenue will help them out down the road.

The just did a 50 million renovation.

Everyone has updgraded over the past few years except Wazzou and Arizona, but UDub is still not up to par with the rest of the conference in terms of what has been done. From a recruiting standpoint, UDub's upgrades still don't compete with most of the conference.

Probably true. Utah isn't even getting full revenue yet from the PAC and they just built an awesome new football facility. Hoops is on deck I believe. Colorado built a nice hoops facility several years ago(been in it, very nice) but I think their football facility is a little behind. Someone that follows UW correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe they have anything as nice as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLrED68g6M

Forgive the cheesy narrative by Anderson but it shows what MWC money can buy. Hopefully the PAC revenue will help them out down the road.

Wow at those Utah facilities...

Cheesy narratives: "all the best lettuce" :rofl:

ESPN.com reported that Petersen pursued the USC job and met with athletic director Pat Haden in Boise on Sunday morning, but USC decided to go a different direction.

Sark to USC...Peterson to Washington...

Now if Coach O could go to Boise, lol, we'd have a strange win-win-win scenario for all the programs.

Anyhow, football out west is gonna be even better next year!!!

I thought Peterson would wait for something better.. He must like the area and the money offered.

Wash gig isn't even the top 5 gig in the pac-12.

I don't get the UW job. Maybe it's just good enough but not too high profile so he can stay under the radar (but then again who wants a coach that wants to continually stay under the radar?). Who knows. I've heard the stuff about his special needs kid but tbh any big city has facilities that are more adequate than Boise so I tend not to believe that angle. He's a good coach and was the real brains behind that operation when Hawkins was there. That's been proven with Hawkins laughable work at Colorado.

The hype of Boise and is starting to fade and he probably got out at the right time since he can't do any more there and the conference picture is a joke. I just can't believe UW is where he landed. they got the best of that deal for sure.

Back