• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Chris Paul is so good

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
1st player to score 20+ pts, 10+ assists in each of the first 6 games of the year

Only player to do it 5 times to start off the year? Oscar Robertson

also 89 or 90 games in a row with a steal with the next current highest total being 15 from francisco garcia.

:smiley_acbe:

no love?

Chris Paul led the Hornets to a win on Saturday with 21 points, seven rebounds, 13 assists and four steals.

Paul set an NBA record by starting the season with six consecutive games with at least 20 points and 10 assists, breaking the mark set by Oscar Robertson in 1968. Need we say more? Nov. 8 - 10:54 pm et

if i was a Hawks fan and knew my team passed on this guy for Marvin Williams when PG was an obvious need, i dont think id be a Hawks fan anymore

He's gonna make a serious bid at the MVP this year. Now that Kobe got it last year, I think it's CP3's year to get it.

LMAO

I had to let you bump your own thread before I responded.

I was getting a restless. :tiphat:

Habitual Swiper

3930.jpg

When Chris Paul is on the floor, teams have to make sure to take care of the ball. If not, Paul's stretch of 90 straight games with a steal will continue to rise.

<table cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="io-columnHeaders"><td><center>Player</center></td><td><center>Games</center></td><td><center>Dates</center></td></tr> <tr><td>Alvin Robertson</td><td>105</td><td>Nov. 1985-Dec. '86</td></tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"><td>Chris Paul</td><td>90</td><td>April 2007-current</td></tr> <tr><td>Michael Jordan</td><td>77</td><td>March 1988-March '89</td></tr> <tr class="io-evenRow"><td>Eddie Jordan</td><td>64</td><td>Dec. 1978-Nov. '79</td></tr> <tr><td>Gary Payton</td><td>63</td><td>Feb. 1996-Dec. '96</td></tr></tbody></table>

CP3 is the best PG in the league. When its all said and done he will rival Isiah as the best combo PG of all-time. He will have to win 'ships and have incredible playof moments to be there. Me thinks he will be though. Love watching him and am jealous of Hornets fans because you have him. Its my favorite position to watch/play on a basketball court so I have always really appreciated great point guards.

That "steal" streak is simply amazing.

Until you mentioned it I had forgot about Alvin Robertson doing that.

Unreal.

if i was a Hawks fan and knew my team passed on this guy for Marvin Williams when PG was an obvious need, i dont think id be a Hawks fan anymore

If it makes Hawks feel better;

Babcock as Toronto GM turned down a draft deal for Chris Paul because he didnt want to part with Joey Graham. No lie.

:hang::hang::hang:

have never heard that.

WOW!

Tentative deal Raptors 2 first rounder for the 4th pick was proposed by the Atl GM (Knight?) But Babcock blieved that Graham would be available at 17 and believed Paul wouldnt be worth it.

So in Babcocks 2 years of GM we ended up with Hoffa, CV, and Graham instead of Iggy and Chris Paul (who everyone thought we'd be drafting)

Thats unreal man.

Unreal.

Potential and mot likely HOF-er..plus a great swingman in Iggy.

Wow.

Tentative deal Raptors 2 first rounder for the 4th pick was proposed by the Atl GM (Knight?) But Babcock blieved that Graham would be available at 17 and believed Paul wouldnt be worth it.

So in Babcocks 2 years of GM we ended up with Hoffa, CV, and Graham instead of Iggy and Chris Paul (who everyone thought we'd be drafting)

Hoffa was awesome. :36_11_6:

DWill owns CP3. Later

i think 2 games ago he had 0 points in and only a couple of assists in the first half... still got to 20/10

i think 2 games ago he had 0 points in and only a couple of assists in the first half... still got to 20/10

he had a similar situation last game, had 0 points but more assists maybe like 7 or 8 but ended up getting a quick 5 in the last few minutes. finished 21/13 plus 7 boards and 4 steals. dammit hes so good

rose so far vs paul rookie year

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg align=middle height=18><TD class=ysptblhdr align=left width="30%" colSpan=4>Recent Career</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=4><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>FG</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=4><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>3PT</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=4><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>FT</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=4><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>Rebounds</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=4><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=7>Misc</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=18><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left> Year</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Min </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>M</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>M</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>M</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Off</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Def</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Tot</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Ast</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TO</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Stl</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Blk</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>PF</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>PPG</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2008-09</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>CHI</TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>37:36 </TD><TD class=yspscores>7.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>15.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>46.7</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>35.3</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>3.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>84.6</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>1.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.4</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>5.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>18.3</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD align=left colSpan=2> Career</TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>37:36 </TD><TD class=yspscores>7.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>15.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>46.7</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>35.3</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>3.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>84.6</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>1.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.4</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>5.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>18.3</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr align=left colSpan=4 height=18>Career</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=7><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>FG</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=7><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>3PT</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=7><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>FT</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=7><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>Rebounds</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=7><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=7>Misc</TD></TR><STYLE type=text/css>td .ppg { padding-left: 8px; }</STYLE><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=18><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Year</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Min </TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">M</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">A</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">Pct</TD><TD></TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">M</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">A</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">Pct</TD><TD></TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">M</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">A</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">Pct</TD><TD></TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">Off</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">Def</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">Tot</TD><TD></TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">Ast</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">TO</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">Stl</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">Blk</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">PF</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl ppg">PPG</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2005-06</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>NOK</TD><TD class=yspscores>78</TD><TD class=yspscores>36:00 </TD><TD class=yspscores>5.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>12.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>43.0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>0.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>28.3</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>5.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>84.7</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>0.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>5.1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>7.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>0.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>16.1</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
can we stop with the comparing of deron williams and chris paul?

its completely absurd

its like comparing the new york mets to the Philadelphia 'WFC' Phillies

Rose already better at FG%, 3p%, FT%, ORB, and PPG than Paul was his first year.
Paul better at getting DRB, AST, and STL.
FT% and TOV a tie.

Rose has the better offensive game and Paul the better defensive game from the looks of their rookie years.

I think Rose gonna be a superstar like Paul and follow how Paul progressed in NBA. Thoughts?

Rose already better at FG%, 3p%, FT%, ORB, and PPG than Paul was his first year.
Paul better at getting DRB, AST, and STL.
FT% and TOV a tie.

Rose has the better offensive game and Paul the better defensive game from the looks of their rookie years.

I think Rose gonna be a superstar like Paul and follow how Paul progressed in NBA. Thoughts?

I would love to see Rose be better than Paul... but he's not and will probably never be.

Paul's unselfish style of game would limit him from being effective his 1st year. Rose has pretty much been given the go signal to do whatever he wants and that's why he has solid #s.

Rose should be a more explosive version of Deron Williams... however.

He hasn't made any other Bulls better... he's young... but you would think Tyrus would be doing better than 1 for 15's and shooting 19 footers with a PG breaking the defense down. His assists are just him kicking it to Gordan on the arch.

Paul is honestly going to push Magic for best PG of all time. I think he's on the verge of being right there with Isiah. Couple more years and that will be nothing more than a stair on the way to the throne.

Rose too much of a physical scorer to compare directly to Paul though IMO.

can we stop with the comparing of deron williams and chris paul?

its completely absurd

its like comparing the new york mets to the Philadelphia 'WFC' Phillies

Comparing these guys to anything baseball related is insulting.

However, comparing the two is absurd! Not even close.

Cp3 is great, he is the whole orleans team without him they win 30 games max---

He is a great mix of a brilliant point guard---

Does not hurt when you are 6'6 and can shoot like he can and pass and dribble, he has all the tools to succeed

Cp3 is great, he is the whole orleans team without him they win 30 games max---

He is a great mix of a brilliant point guard---

Does not hurt when you are 6'6 and can shoot like he can and pass and dribble, he has all the tools to succeed

:36_11_6:

Thank you CP3 for missing that 1st FT with 9 seconds left to get me the Memphis +7.5 cover :tiphat:

Paul might very well be 6'6.

When you see these guys in person you realize that the heights/weights listed are all pure bullshit....just there to help them fit the position

Back