Chicago @ Washington

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
9-4-1 MNF YTD (69%)
55-47-2 YTD (54%)
51-43-2 ATS YTD (54%)
3-5 Totals (37%)

This is a hard game to call. In my honest opinion I dont think Washington will be up for this game at all. They have been traveling to and from Miami going through a very emotional and draining time since attending their playmate's funeral. And to top it all off, it made for a very short week since their last game and they did not have a single practice. The Bears will take advantage of this. Afterall, they are coming in as underdogs against a team that has lost their last 4 games. The Bears come off a close loss to the Giants and need the win to go into a 3 way tie in the NFC North.

I'll take T H E B E A R S +3 Bears 21..Washington 19

Im leaning more towards the ML +140.

I just dont see the Redskins winning this game, I wouldnt pick them to win this even without the near impossible circumstances theyve got to face tonight.

I think Im going to make another thread but I think the over is easy money tonight.

maybe Joe Gibbs will have another senior moment and call for Campbell to take a knee in the 1st quarter -

gl shark

How do you guys think the bears are gonna beat the skins? Like what phase of their offense or defense makes them an easy pick on a thursday night on the road with a very win hungry opponent? Im heading to the game tonight and am starting to feel stronger about the skins. I witnessed an ugly game at fedex this past sunday and i really dont see this team letting this one by.

IMO:
Bears(Negative)
*No Cedric Benson
*Rex Grossman anywhere near the field
*Run Defense is extremely weak in the past few weeks.
*Primetime thursday game on the road.

Bears(Positive)
*Devin Hester
*Devin Hester
*and Devin Hester...

Only way i see bears winning this game is 3 returns by Hester...not worried about him at WR...did you see that drop last week.

anyways good luck to all im with MY SKINS -3

ALL HAIL!

How do you guys think the bears are gonna beat the skins?

Ummm, its called preparation vs lack of ? You know how emotionally depleted your team is and on a short week without practice. Who would have thought the Ravens almost beat NE ? So yes, the Bears is a good bet tonight. Good luck at the game and enjoy it :cheers:

i agree spanish, i dun bet nfl but thought id give today sum thoughts since its thursday night and there is no college. emotionally, how the hell can the skins be ready to play. You have 4 straight losses, you have the death of Taylor, then you have a last second LOSS in a game they were winning the whole time, then you have the immediate travel to Miami for the funeral and now on Thursday its time to go back out on the field again. I don't see how they can be up for this game at all.

What are your thoughts about the Skins' kicks and coverage?
They will try avoiding kicking to Hester, that's pretty sure.

But Shaun Suisham does have one of the lowest length averages and a total of 5 touchbacks on the season, so will he be able to kick through the end zone?

5 total should answer your question there... no way.

I like Chicago because of above reasons. very SHORT week with a funeral on Monday. this was spiraling down before all of this. Rex is the only player that can win this game for WAS.

jeez everyones so against my redskins pick that im starting to feel like joebrensports....ehh maybe not THAT bad

IMO:
Bears(Negative)
*No Cedric Benson
Not having Ced Benson playing tonight is not necessarily a negative, Peterson has filled in for him nicely, plus Peterson can actually catch the ball out of the backfield and is able to pick up blitzes way better then Ced ever could.

*Rex Grossman anywhere near the field
Not so fast here either, last 3 games Rex has a 2-1 td to int ratio and if not for a few drops last week easily would have gone over 300 yds passing along with another TD. Washington has been notorious for giving up big plays this year in the passing game & last 4 games they have allowed 250 yds passing 2 tds to opposing qbs.

*Run Defense is extremely weak in the past few weeks.
This is def a negative no doubt about it.

*Primetime thursday game on the road.
This bodes well for some teams, but in reality the bears are actually better on the road this year then at home. I am sure the fans players etc will be excited but this is not really a negative imo.

Bottom line this years Bears team is so inconsistent its not even funny, win one lose one win one lose one.....on and on and on. Last week was the last straw for me as for holding out hope for a playoff berth. With that said I do think the Bears get the win tonight its been one emotional ride for the skins this last week and half and I am not so sure they will have enough spark to carry them to a win tonight.

betdahouse.....You're killing me man. Wish I was going to the game but I'm stuck down here in sunny Florida :cheers:

deuce's wild.......You beat me to it. I was just going to say that for those who like trends, the Bears have won after every loss this season and in the last 4 meetings between these two teams, the road team is 4-0. :cheers:

I don't like the side of this game either way, but I thought I had to comment since no one is mentioning Shawn Springs. If he's out I definitely would take the Bears; every point about Grossman screwing up revolves around the Skins ability to apply pressure. They won't be able to do that with Fred Smoot and Leigh Torrance starting at CB. This is a huge problem for the Skins.
I'm a huge homer and they're my team so I can't bet against them, but if Springs is out I'll absolutely be on the over and would suggest taking the Bears. Why would the Bears do anything other than air it out all game when the Skins secondary is insanely depleted without Springs and Rodgers, not to mention Taylor? Plus, for the over, Randy Thomas comes back so the running game should be improved and the Bears are pretty weak against the run anyway.

Good luck with your side, I just think there are too many unknowns in this game to confidently place a bet on the spread.

honestly, is there anything more ridiculous than kicking a field goal from the 10 yard line on 2nd down with 30 seconds left? Lovie Smith should be drawn an quartered. Even if you make the FG, (which happened), you have to recover an onside kick and go 60 yards in 25 seconds. What is more likely, going to the endzone twice to try for a TD then trying an onside kick with 20 seconds and driving 25 yards for a tie, or kicking a field goal and driving 60 yards in 25 seconds? Yes I was getting 3.5 with da bears.

honestly, is there anything more ridiculous than kicking a field goal from the 10 yard line on 2nd down with 30 seconds left? Lovie Smith should be drawn an quartered. Even if you make the FG, (which happened), you have to recover an onside kick and go 60 yards in 25 seconds. What is more likely, going to the endzone twice to try for a TD then trying an onside kick with 20 seconds and driving 25 yards for a tie, or kicking a field goal and driving 60 yards in 25 seconds? Yes I was getting 3.5 with da bears.

I agree. I didnt get to watch the game and I'm glad now that I didnt. I know they put in Griese which is enough to make me gag but that play you are speaking of doesnt make sense at all. Anyways....We'll gettem next time.

Back