Chicago Bears v. Atlanta Falcons - Week 6

Hakan's Picks

Pretty much a regular
Rest assured there will be many points scored in this matchup. Atlanta has been bad on the road, but really good at home – as they have averaged 46.5 points in their two home wins. The Bears too have put up a lot of points, averaging 27.5 points in their two wins this year.

Both “Matty Ice” and Jay Cutler can sling the ball around, and they both have arguably the best WR tandems in the NFL to throw to, Roddy White-Julio Jones and Brandon Marshall-Alshon Jeffery respectively. Matt Ryan has been ridiculous in their two games at home; 734 passing yards and 6 TD's.

Devin Hester will be chomping at the bit to play against his former team, as it's no secret that he was not happy in Chicago. The Bears will probably be smart enough to not kick the ball in Hester's vicinity, but that's not their only concern. Hester has been a big contributor in Atlanta's offense, and it doesn't seem like he's regressed any; still the same explosive player.

As for the Bears, Cutler will have all-day to throw the ball, since the Falcons defensive front four has not been able to put any pressure on opposing QB's; only four sacks in five games. Matt Forte should also have a big day, as the Falcons rank 28th in the league against the run.

Both teams are downright awful on defense. The Falcons are the 29th worst defense in the league in average yards against, and are 29th in points allowed. The Bears can't stop anybody either, as they are 23rd in points allowed. I'll take the OVER 54.5 at -108 (5Dimes).

Record:
Futbol/Soccer Picks: 1-1
NFL Picks: 1-0

Only thing I disagree with was Hester being unhappy in Chicago. How can you be unhappy making 2 million dollars a year to be on the field 8 times a game? Tongue in cheek a bit here but he was worthless as a receiver.

egg, it's a fact he wasn't happy. You can disagree he shouldn't of been. But he was unhappy, especially after Lovie left. I agree with you on he was worthless as a receiver. Still is. Roddy and Julio are telling him still where to lineup, lol.

Back