Check My Team Out

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Drafted 3rd in a 10 man snake draft....bad spot and not sure I love my team,,,it seemed everytime I was about to grab a player he dropped off.....17 rds

1- Arian Foster
2-AJ Green
3-MJD
4-Montee Ball
5-Dwayne Bowe
6-Steve Smith Panthers
7-Matthew Stafford
8-Ahmad Bradshaw(idk wtf i was thinking here)
9-Anquan Boldin
10-Owen Daniels
11-Bengals Defense
12-Ben Tate(Handcuff if Arian goes down)
13-Denarius Moore
14-Brandon Pettigrew
15-Matt Schaub
16-Seabass Janikowski
17-Marcus Lattimore

FWIW, I think Reggie Bush is going to have a a very good season and not sold on the Bengal defense. Good luck to you this season.

I think Stafford is a solid grab in the 7th...and good get with Tate, you just gotta get the handcuff of your #1 guy.

Damn, drafting with two weeks of preseason left? Ballsy.

Nice squad tho for the position.

Love Stafford this year

They will throw a lot, as always, so he should put up big numbers. The only problems are whether or not they can establish some sort of running game to stop the defense from just playing nickel/dime all the time, and whether or not Stafford can actually stay upright and healthy for the entire year. I hope he has a big year, I like that team a bunch.

Stafford has stayed healthy the last two years so I think it's time to give him the benefit of the doubt as much as any other QB. 1-2 went very well for you but a bit scary after that. Not much upside late (guys like boldin and Moore aren't going to break out, which is where leagues are won). I'd give you a C+ , B- maybe.

Dont love the team but wtf does it matter what i think lol. Solid guys i just think u reached on a few. Love Bowe this yr. i actually dont think the Bradshaw pick was bad...thats a starting rb u got in the 8th. BOL

its pretty much impossible for him to throw for as many yds as he did last year and only have 20 TDs.
yep...I heard a crazy stat this AM about he had like 20 passes of big yards and the rec was tackled on the 5 yd line or closer, a crazy amount...

Stafford has stayed healthy the last two years so I think it's time to give him the benefit of the doubt as much as any other QB. 1-2 went very well for you but a bit scary after that. Not much upside late (guys like boldin and Moore aren't going to break out, which is where leagues are won). I'd give you a C+ , B- maybe.
C+? you would have to see where I drafted to get the concept of how tough a spot I was in....appreciate the honesty but those are 2 number 1 rec's....when am I gonna sit AJ and Bowe?

Trust me it aint an A+, but I think if you saw the whole draft you would see where I was trapped in many spots:shake:

Dont love the team but wtf does it matter what i think lol. Solid guys i just think u reached on a few. Love Bowe this yr. i actually dont think the Bradshaw pick was bad...thats a starting rb u got in the 8th. BOL
I think Ballard is gonna be the guy...

where were the reaches?

thanks for the post:shake:

Sorry but I just don't like it 10 team leagues are gonna have stacked teams and I don't think yours is very stacked. I could see this team winning the league if your stars stay healthy but you have NFL depth rather than fantasy depth with some of your later picks.

You're right, he has been healthy the past 2 seasons. It just seems like he's one hit away from being injured (you can probably say that about most, if not all QBs), but the fact that they don't establish the run puts him in a situation where the defense knows they are throwing (and throwing, and throwing) and they can pin their ears back and come all out at him. The line has done a really nice job keeping him upright the past 2 seasons though, especially given the number of passes Stafford has attempted. Stafford has led the league with 663 in 2011 and 727 last year while only being sacked 36 times in 2011 and 29 times in 2012.

You're right, he has been healthy the past 2 seasons. It just seems like he's one hit away from being injured (you can probably say that about most, if not all QBs), but the fact that they don't establish the run puts him in a situation where the defense knows they are throwing (and throwing, and throwing) and they can pin their ears back and come all out at him. The line has done a really nice job keeping him upright the past 2 seasons though, especially given the number of passes Stafford has attempted. Stafford has led the league with 663 in 2011 and 727 last year while only being sacked 36 times in 2011 and 29 times in 2012.

absolutely.. As a lions fan it's still always a little scary when he gets hit and with the sheer volume of attempts he probably has a better shot at getting hurt than an avg qb but he's done a good job falling or something the past two years

Just curious why you're so high on Bowe this year? He's only scored 8 TDs total in the past 2 seasons (and only had 801 yds last year). They have a new QB, but it's Alex Smith. Do you think that Reid's style of play will help him a great deal? You may be right, I'm just curious as to what makes you think he's gonna have a big year.

absolutely.. As a lions fan it's still always a little scary when he gets hit and with the sheer volume of attempts he probably has a better shot at getting hurt than an avg qb but he's done a good job falling or something the past two years

lol. The line really has done an impressive job the past 2 seasons when you look at those passing attempts and the # of sacks. He's only getting sacked once every 21 drop backs, which is damn good. Aaron Rodgers was sacked once every 11 pass attempts last season, for a little perspective on that number.

I think Reggie is a really really good fit in that offense...gonna help him tremendously(Staff)

Just curious why you're so high on Bowe this year? He's only scored 8 TDs total in the past 2 seasons (and only had 801 yds last year). They have a new QB, but it's Alex Smith. Do you think that Reid's style of play will help him a great deal? You may be right, I'm just curious as to what makes you think he's gonna have a big year.
I like Bowe this year as well...many do. He and Alex have already started a serious chemistry according to reports

And as much as Smith gets ripped he is accurate....maybe not the best deep passer, but I like Bowe this year as well

I like Bowe this year as well...many do. He and Alex have already started a serious chemistry according to reports

And as much as Smith gets ripped he is accurate....maybe not the best deep passer, but I like Bowe this year as well

I know a bunch of people do like him, I'm just trying to find out why. As accurate as Smith was last year before he was injured/replaced, he's never thrown for more than 3100 yards in a season, and hasn't been incredibly accurate in his career. I'm guessing that most just think Andy Reid is the key to Smith and Bowe to have big years....which again, they very well may.

I think Reggie is a really really good fit in that offense...gonna help him tremendously(Staff)

hope so... my thoughts as well. I have so money sprinkled across Lions SB futures at about 57/1 (65/1 right now which is crazy IMO for a team that should be in the 8-8 range with a very young and talented D line that could make the next step and make the D above average)

walrus Reid does not run the ball, i bet Alex Smith has numerous games with 35 plus pass attempts. Bowe the lead WR, going to have lots of chances

walrus Reid does not run the ball, i bet Alex Smith has numerous games with 35 plus pass attempts. Bowe the lead WR, going to have lots of chances

That's what I was thinking as well, Reid will give these guys the opportunity to have big years. Whether or not Alex Smith can capitalize on that opportunity is the question, but if he does Bowe will be the bearer of great stats as the #1 target.

yeah, its been touched on, but A. hes insanely talented and hasnt really got a chance to be a beast bc his qb always sucked. B. Reid loves to pass C. I think the team is going to be much improved as a whole

yeah, its been touched on, but A. hes insanely talented and hasnt really got a chance to be a beast bc his qb always sucked. B. Reid loves to pass C. I think the team is going to be much improved as a whole

:shake:

I hope he does have a big year, I really like Bowe. As for him always having a shitty QB...I don't think he really has much more than that now in Alex.

Thanks to guaranteed for posting this in the NFL forum's Season Win Totals thread. The Chiefs aren't getting anything more than a QB who sucks if you guys thought that Cassel sucked. They are pretty much the same QB, and as 'teed pointed out when he posted this...it's not a small sample size.

BP9pqHbCAAAJ5LQ.jpg:large

I agree on Smith...had one good stretch that got a lot of people excited. I do think Reid, though (his 35 passes per game, etc), could make Smith a pretty decent fantasy QB, at the very least.

Back