Chargers in London?

Gandolf

Leader of the Van Buren Boys

Would have some far reaching consequences if it came to pass:
1) Rivers retirement - Dude still lives in San Diego and has 9 kids. I think he's barely tolerating the move to LA at this point. A move to London might lead him to call it quits. If that happens, could London's first franchise QB be.....Eli? What a turn of events that would be.
2) Schedule changes - Talk of a second bye week would gain steam as a London team would probably get priority travel scheduling, most likely with multiple game home stands and road swings.
3) Realignment - Obvious need here. One of the simplest solutions would be to move London into the AFC East, move Miami to the AFC South and move Houston to the AFC West. This would actually improve geographic rivalries in the South and West. If there is concern about Buffalo travel to and from London the league could also flip Buffalo to the North and Baltimore to the East (back to its divisional roots and easy access to major airports).

I don't think the hurdles are as high as some might believe to make this happen.

Talk about death of a franchise. I think that would present a huge hurdle in the free agent market. Who would want to sign with a team based in London?

Is this really serious?
I don't know if they're serious or just floating a trial balloon to see the reaction. But for some reason the NFL loves the idea of having a franchise in London. With CBA talks ongoing I suppose anything could be possible.

Fucking ridiculous. What other sport in this country plays frequent regular season games on a different continent? Let alone breaths a word about moving a team there. Only the one led by the biggest horse's ass for a commissioner of all sports.

Raiders should have gone to L.A.
Chargers would have been better off staying in SD or moving to Las Vegas.
Vegas will always have traveling fans, which is why I think any team moving there is f'd as far as home field advantage goes...
Did ANYONE In CTG Think SD To L.A. Was Gonna Work?! Come On Now!

Raiders should have gone to L.A.
Chargers would have been better off staying in SD or moving to Las Vegas.
Vegas will always have traveling fans, which is why I think any team moving there is f'd as far as home field advantage goes...
Did ANYONE In CTG Think SD To L.A. Was Gonna Work?! Come On Now!

So true. Cities with transient fan bases never have a solid HFA and Vegas would lead in that regard. Crowds will always be 3/4 tourists

Back