changing my nfl betting this year to moneylines only

• Thread starter Thread starter dopples
  • Start date Start date
D

dopples

i dont like the idea of spreads

teams dont care about covering x amount of points. burned 2 many times.

so im betting MLs only this season and want 2know if anyone else is doing it or already do it?

You have any wheelhouse of what range plays you’re targeting, @dopples ?

Something like 7 point faves to 7 point dogs on the ML?

Faves won straight-up at a 67% clip last season but only covered 47% of the time (based on closing line).

267 games. 1 outlay to win on every favourite returned 250.14 at Pin close, or 262.84 at Pin top price. Outlaying 1 unit at -105 on 267 games returns 254.18

ravens -280 covered
kc -185 covered
clev -230 lost SU
carolina +135 lost SU/no cover
Saints -290 pending
Denver -160 pending

But we have so far 3 games where the spread has mattered, so 21% so far with 2 games pending.

Good luck tonight

Past few years that I've tracked this, on average, the line comes into play about 18% of games
If the favs wins, they cover the spread
If the dog covers, they usually win SU

i think this is mainly true because of the short lines in this sport and how hard it is to win and not cover -3 or below. Wonder if that is any different than other sports with single-point (run, goal, etc) scoring

i think this is mainly true because of the short lines in this sport and how hard it is to win and not cover -3 or below. Wonder if that is any different than other sports with single-point (run, goal, etc) scoring

I did small sample of college football, no where near NFL numbers.

I've seen one similar for baseball RL's. You either take the dog Alt RL or the Fav RL. I just dont have the time anymore to do it.

Favs went 10-4-1 SU (6-8-1 ATS) in Week 1.

4-0 SU (2-2 ATS) for favs of 7+, 5-4-1 SU (4-5-1 ATS) for favs of 6 or less.

-1.9 units

panthers -290
bills -120
ravens -660
dallas -220
houston -450
pitt -190
cincy -120

nfl too random for me this season im turned off even if every game i liked last week won moneyline wise it is a shitty product dude

I know it's shitty. I just hadn't seen an update... I didn't know if this was part of your "team" selections

Back