Championship Blitz

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
Went 4-1 the first week and had a good start to the playoffs, but unfortunately, I'm coming off an 0-2 (-7.7 units) week.... it's been THAT kind of year for me...

the reality is, I actually went 1-2 last week with 4 units made back from what I was down, but since my crap server has been having issues, it decided not to let me get on and post right on gameday... sure it's given me problems plenty of times before, but this time, it took a shot at me right below the belt... Anyway, I'm sure it was no surprise to anyone that I was on the Giants last Sunday... even though it went unposted, but for arguments (and honestys' sake) I'm keeping my record as what's been posted...

It's been a crazy 2007 year for me.. well, crazy isn't really the word I'm looking for. It's been pretty much shit... and that's putting it sugar-coated. At least for WNBA anyway. NFL didn't treat me too well either.. definitely nothing I deserved.. haha. But hopefully next year things can look bright again... until then, there are still two more days of NFL left.

First off, in response to the last couple of posts I had in my Division thread (to avoid bringing back up an old thread) let me just say to Fondy.. yup.. you're right.. It's ON bud. I'll be as ready as the G-Men will be.. ;) As for Joe.. I appreciate the congrats on the G-Men win over the Boys... I know deep down you hate the shit out of them... so it must've taken alot.. lol... it's all good though.. I'm sure the Eagles and Browns will get into the picture soon enough.. and I will have to return the words.. ;)

Time to get back on track...

I'm not going to beat around the bush here... so let me get things straight right now... I'll be on the Giants again and I will be pounding the Pats again...

so let's kick it....

San Diego Chargers @ New England Patriots -14 ( 5 units )

I could literally go on forever with a write-up on this one, but there really is no point. With the questions about the status of LT, Gates, Rivers, and Kaeding, what's to think about here. Let's face it, to beat the Patriots you have to bring EVERYTHING to the table at FULL FORCE... and by that I mean 120% of what you got... and even that doesn't guarantee anything... yet I see alot of people talking about a possible upset. Wow.. who is going to get it done??.. Billy Volek?

The Chargers defense is great, but let's face it, any weakness they have will be exploited by the Pats. I can tell you right now that the Chargers blitzes are always predictable and you can see who's coming. One of the great things about running the 3-4 defense, is that it allows you to hide the pass rushers and send in a linebacker unpredictably, but the Chargers don't do that. We always know it's the outside linebackers (Shawne Merriman or Shaun Phillips) coming in... and that's it... nobody else. The Chargers lead the league in amount of times they sent in 5 rushers. Yet, they were second to last in times they sent in six or more rushers. That's pretty predictable when you know who's coming. If they continue doing that, Brady is just going to pick them apart.

Anyway.. like I said, I could go rambling on and on here, but really, what's the point. I'm taking the Pats in a blowout... again.

as I said earlier, I'll be on the G-Men as well.. but I'll wait on that one... I just wanted to make it clear what I'm on NOW in case my server goes down and tries to screw me over... again.... lol.

gl to everyone this weekend... all thoughts and comments welcome.

Good health Blitz. Im on other side. I just keep thinking about what SD did to Indy, a team that should have beat the Pats. Too many points for this game IMO. :shake:

Good health Blitz. Im on other side. I just keep thinking about what SD did to Indy, a team that should have beat the Pats. Too many points for this game IMO. :shake:

SD usually plays Indy well... plus Brady won't be audibling to running plays all the time when they blitz... he'll keep throwing for the most part.. even if it's quick slants or screen passes... gl though Shark... one of us has to hit it.. lol.

Great points you made. It's Pats or nothing for me. I really think the road ends for NYG this week. GB by 13 IMO. GL.

Manning has been succeeding lately by taking what the other team gives him instead of trying to force the ball to his receivers. This has been a huge part of their success and has actually improved their passing game big time.

The Packers play primarily man coverage. Mainly because Al Harris and Charles Woodson can hold their own.. the thing is, the Packers were ranked second to last in the league at covering third receivers and TE's. Against the Eagles, Jason Avant had one of his two tds' of the season against the Packers. Shockey lead the Giants receivers against them in the week two meeting and Anthony Mix got most of his season stats off that game. Gates lead the Charger receivers against them with 11 catches over 110 yards receiving... while the Chargers Craig Davis scored one of his two tds of the season against the Pack too. Chicagos' Greg Olsen also had one of his two season tds against the Pack. Desmond Clark only had 4 tds all season.. two against the Pack (one in each game). Chris Cooley led the Skins receivers and the Broncos' Scheffler had one of his better games against the Pack as well. The list actually goes on. The Packers have not been too good covering third receivers and tight ends this season. With that said, I don't see why Steve Smith and Kevin Boss won't be able to step up here. Boss has actually been helping the Giants more than Shockey was in the pass blocking dept. And Smith has been running better routes than Sinorice Moss was.... 23 percent of the passes that were thrown against Green Bay were to tight ends (that's third worst in the league). We may actually get to see alot more of Boss in this one.

Congrats on your Giants Blitz. They did it on the road, sub zero weather and against all odds. Eli grew up today :cheers:

Congrats on your Giants Blitz. They did it on the road, sub zero weather and against all odds. Eli grew up today :cheers:

good to see the Giants pull it out...

you had a helluva day bro... keep it up man...

funny thing is, I'll expect them to be big dogs again.. and for them to continue getting no respect or credit...

Go Giants..

:smiley_acbe:

Back