Champions league quarter finals

Wikeman

A Winner in Life
Well, I am back after recovering from my terrible 22 unit loss some weeks ago.:down:

Liverpool -0,25 @ 2,05 Centrebet, stake 10/10

PSV has shown strong defense in the tournament, but they don't score a lot either, and Alex is out. The Reds show a lot of form now, and I think they will be irresistible. I see a 50% chance Liverpool will win here, but I will cover a bit against the draw, knowing that the Reds could be quite satisfied with that result too.

Zenith, sorry you are correct, Van Bommel is suspended for making an "interesting" gesture at the Real Madrid fans, lol

I am thinking of pounding the OVER 1.5 on Bayern-AC Milan at Pinnacle. Got any thoughts on this one?

I think Milan will keep a clean sheet and score 1 or 2. I'm not crazy about the over play, but there would probably be value at even odds. I'd rather just play Milan.

I am thinking of pounding the OVER 1.5 on Bayern-AC Milan at Pinnacle. Got any thoughts on this one?

I ended up playing this large because I had nothing else to do and as much as it did not look good, it hit. Congrats on the win buddy! WHAT A GAME IN MILAN!!!

:wacka wacka:

Nice hit Flava, and thanks.

I don't understand how Milan could let in two goals by lousy Bayern, luckily I had no money staked this time.

So no I am "only" down 11.5 units on CL posted plays. Translated to NBA units that is actually 2.3 units, and I will use the same unit size from now on.

Thanks man, keep up the good work.

I am also thinking of pounding Man U-Roma 'Over' 1.5 with juice at Pinny tomorrow. Should be a goal fest...

Thanks man, keep up the good work.

I am also thinking of pounding Man U-Roma 'Over' 1.5 with juice at Pinny tomorrow. Should be a goal fest...

eh i wouldn't call it a goal fest i would consider it more of a tactical battle. The Roma squad are trying to get into the heads of the Utd players. Vidic is out for the Man Utd backline and that could cause some influence on the Utd defensive effort. However, Alex Ferguson is never phased when he has a key injury and always makes adjustments accordingly. I mentioned in the other thread the wings will be the key to this game, it can end 0-0 or it could very well end up with plenty of goals, but my instinct suggest Wayne Rooney will score when he is needed most. Utd's focus is to get at least a goal here knowning that the comforts of Old Trafford will do them justice.

would hardly call Bayern "lousy", brah

i agree, other than my beloved Aston Villa, Bayern is a team i truely support. The fact that they have been doing shit in Bundesliga, lose Ballack, lose Ismael, Hargreaves speculation and still get results in CL is beyond my belief.

would hardly call Bayern "lousy", brah

You are right of course, they have really stepped up in the CL.

I harbour a certain grudge against them for their poor performance in the Bundesliga, so I just have to stay away from all games they are in, since I don't trust them.

good call on my boys tonight Mimir. :cheers:

I had them too (small stakes) but didn't post, overslept the whole 1st half, you can imagine how lousy I've felt then :D.

Thanks Satyr.

I figured that betting your Reds would be a sure way to avoid you jinxing my bets like the last time :D.

yeah man, I was just as shocked with the result as you guys were....I came close to taking Bayern +1/2 but just couldn't pull the trigger due to Milan being so unpredictable, let alone Bayern's league form lately....tough beat Eddie, been there many times, brah.....nice calls today guys.....gl

eh i wouldn't call it a goal fest i would consider it more of a tactical battle. The Roma squad are trying to get into the heads of the Utd players. Vidic is out for the Man Utd backline and that could cause some influence on the Utd defensive effort. However, Alex Ferguson is never phased when he has a key injury and always makes adjustments accordingly. I mentioned in the other thread the wings will be the key to this game, it can end 0-0 or it could very well end up with plenty of goals, but my instinct suggest Wayne Rooney will score when he is needed most. Utd's focus is to get at least a goal here knowning that the comforts of Old Trafford will do them justice.

This should be identical to the Milan-Bayern game. Milan's defence, as solid as they are, could not contain Bayern long enough to keep them off the scoreboard. Roma needs goals before heading back to England next week and they know that so they will attack and I am sure United answers with at least one goal. The OVER 1.5 looks so juicy.

yeah man, I was just as shocked with the result as you guys were....I came close to taking Bayern +1/2 but just couldn't pull the trigger due to Milan being so unpredictable, let alone Bayern's league form lately....tough beat Eddie, been there many times, brah.....nice calls today guys.....gl

Just at the end... :down:

I have a strong lean on Chelsea for tomorrow. Any thoughts?

I dont think Chelsea gets by Valencia in this round to be honest. If Im gonna play, im gonna play Valencia +1, but like I said before, I took such a rattling last round, Ill wait to see what others think.

This should be identical to the Milan-Bayern game. Milan's defence, as solid as they are, could not contain Bayern long enough to keep them off the scoreboard. Roma needs goals before heading back to England next week and they know that so they will attack and I am sure United answers with at least one goal. The OVER 1.5 looks so juicy.

Well first off, Milan's defense IS NOT solid. Maldini and Nesta are way pass their years. When Milan has a great defensive output, they seem to have a lackluster offense. When the offense gets into gear, their defense is caught napping. Again playing any thing in this sport with that price is just a deathwish. Of course Roma would want to score, but a 1-0 win would be more than enough for them. They are confident on their travels. Mind you Roma doesn't let in a lot of goals, in the Serie A, even though the style is slower, they have allowed only 8 goals in 15 games. In the Champs League, only 2 goals allowed through the competition. At first i was leaning on the over, but looking at how this game is shaping up, Perrotta and De Rossi are going to try and boss over Scholes and Carrick and i think they will easily do that. the 2 Englishmen are not as hardnose as Roy Keane and can really get bullied. This game could lead to a lot of counter attacks but nevertheless it could end up to nothing because the speed of the defenders especially in Roma's squad in Mexes and Chivu is outstanding. Roma should win this, its either going to be 1 goal or 3 goals.

I wouldn't bet Chelsea at 1.7, that's for sure.

I expect playing both draws small, and have a little lean on Roma. Nice write up Mike!

Well first off, Milan's defense IS NOT solid. Maldini and Nesta are way pass their years. When Milan has a great defensive output, they seem to have a lackluster offense. When the offense gets into gear, their defense is caught napping. Again playing any thing in this sport with that price is just a deathwish. Of course Roma would want to score, but a 1-0 win would be more than enough for them. They are confident on their travels. Mind you Roma doesn't let in a lot of goals, in the Serie A, even though the style is slower, they have allowed only 8 goals in 15 games. In the Champs League, only 2 goals allowed through the competition. At first i was leaning on the over, but looking at how this game is shaping up, Perrotta and De Rossi are going to try and boss over Scholes and Carrick and i think they will easily do that. the 2 Englishmen are not as hardnose as Roy Keane and can really get bullied. This game could lead to a lot of counter attacks but nevertheless it could end up to nothing because the speed of the defenders especially in Roma's squad in Mexes and Chivu is outstanding. Roma should win this, its either going to be 1 goal or 3 goals.

I just don't see how Man U get held off the scoresheet...

My plays of today, I only play the Roma game. I have a new unit size 5 times the former, so it's not that the plays are much smaller than usual for me.

Roma win @ 2,70 - stake 0.8 units
Result 1-1 @6,50 - stake 0.2 units

I think the match will be low scoring, and I give the edge to Roma playing at home. Man U have not shown a lot on away court in CL. Either they lost by one or won by one. With a little luck Totti's gang will know how to piss Rooney off too :rolleyes:.

Maybe I should just have played the draw for cover, but I chose to make a result guess instead as a "cover bet".

:cheers: Nice win of about 1 unit on Roma. Had that one covered, bad luck I didnt play 1-1 on the other match too, haha.

Interesting second leg matches to come. It will be tight, I think.

a win is a win Mimir. nice one.

In my opinion, Bayern Munchen will finish off Milan, Pool is already covered, Utd will either draw or win by 2 goals, Valencia will knock of Chelsea.

Manchester United - Associazione Sportiva Roma

Draw @ 3.65 Scandic Bookmakers, 1 unit

Roma win@ 5.70 Centrebet, 1 unit

I see no reason why Roma should not be competitive in this game. Manchester United is not as scary as they once were, and they still have important defensive injuries and Scholes suspended.

Good luck:cheers:

Last edited:
Back